• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Random Stats Thread

Funny you should mention that... this is nothing official, just my own stats (because I'm a nerd)

But we've conceded 20 tries from linebreaks, and 13 tries from kicks (plus 1 from a turnover/intercept).

Meanwhile we've scored 17 tries from linebreaks, and 0 tries from kicks.
I was going to ask this question in tries from kicks. Our wingers in particular are inept on kick reception. Everyone of them should be spending time with an AFL coach. If they cant jump at least get those bloody hands up. Milne in particular is beyond repair though I fear. It's having a major impact on every game we play.

I was going to ask this question in tries from kicks. Our wingers in particular are inept on kick reception. Everyone of them should be spending time with an AFL coach. If they cant jump at least get those bloody hands up. Milne in particular is beyond repair though I fear. It's having a major impact on every game we play.
That’s why they dropped Thommo for Milne.Thommo caught every bomb!🤪

That year we went on a bit of a run after a tough start. I think we won 7 in a row during that season. Fell off the back end though.

Right now this seems more like 2016-17 though. A good squad on paper. Just not playing to their potential.

At least we didn't have the worst for and against in 1994.
it's genuinely embarrassing and baffling how bad and quick our fall has been this last 12 months, with players that should be top 4

That year we went on a bit of a run after a tough start. I think we won 7 in a row during that season. Fell off the back end though.

Right now this seems more like 2016-17 though. A good squad on paper. Just not playing to their potential.
I was about to post the same thing…your memory for these things is better than mine, but I do remember us going on a run of victories and finishing 8th or something like that.

Where there’s life there’s hope I guess 🤣

I was about to post the same thing…your memory for these things is better than mine, but I do remember us going on a run of victories and finishing 8th or something like that.

Where there’s life there’s hope I guess 🤣
We finished 9th. 😉

I seem to remember that was the year there was a betting scandal on our game against the Magpies late in the season. Nothing eventuated from it, but there was something that came out in that offseason.

We finished 9th. 😉

I seem to remember that was the year there was a betting scandal on our game against the Magpies late in the season. Nothing eventuated from it, but there was something that came out in that offseason.
I was closer than I expected to be!

And wasn’t that alleged scandal something to do with one of our ex. players / family relative.

I’m dredging the memory banks but I kind of remember something like that with someone who later went to gaol for an unrelated offence.

Ian Rubin or John Elias?
Likely Elias from memory

I think one, or both of them, ended up being a body guard for some rather unsavoury types

Ian Rubin or John Elias?
Likely Elias from memory
I was deliberately trying to not name names...but it was definitely John Elias I was alluding to.

An interesting family.

Back