• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Our greatest p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is rubbish! A bunch of opinions and you know what they say about opinions they’re like backsides everyone’s got one. I have an opinion and it’s that politicians should remember that they are all just representatives of the Australian people and they should focus on being representatives and not on furthering their political careers or pushing their agendas, do the right thing, admit when you are wrong, make the hard decisions and tell the truth even if it’s unpopular. It probably won’t happen I don’t think we have enough politicians who act in an intelligent and ethical manner.
I don't think your first sentence is fair.

And with regards to your second sentence, I thought that was the purpose of a forum...to share opinions.

And your third sentence is right on the money. I am probably remembering the political past nostagically but I remember a time, when there wasn't the absolute schism we have today.

Where politicians would actually work for the common good and look to build a better country.

I blame Murdoch and his "angertainment" for much of the "if this - bad; if that - good" when it comes to political debate. He has industrialsed hate, fear and distrust to drive revenue to his company. I mean, you can read some of his work in this thread (almost word for word).

Where the national broadcaster is vilified by the extreme left and extreme right in equal measure and the resultant reduction in quality journalism that holds truth to power.

(I'll give you a very recent example. Sarah Ferguson has a report at the moment about the disgusting treatment of a whistle blower, who exposed some of the appalling behaviour of senior execs in the ATO, under the previous Govt.
And despite the current AG (Mark Dreyfus) - in opposition - saying this treatment was reprehensible, in Govt is now backing away from taking meaningful action as fast as his legs can take him).

Bullshit is their specialty!
Seriously they are to brainwash readers!
Not a reliable source for anything!
eg WMD how did they go?

i can’t answer the thread title question.
I voted for and Had high hopes for Keating but he lurched too far to the right for my liking in his last term, economically

Keating the con man used to manage a rock band.
Good one liners!

No doubt John Curtin but Max Gillies covered both sides of politics and was a song and dance man as well,covered for Ron Reagan at times too!
A real talent there!

Ray Martin a bonzer bloke!
Native Ozzie too,high achiever!

What that last piece of misinformation has to do with the topic of "our greatest PM", I have no idea.

Maybe the above post belongs in the QAnon Cookers thread.

View attachment 1692

Because our PMs response to the massacre in Israel is about as weak as the response from the UN, the United Nations is a joke.
What that last piece of misinformation has to do with the topic of "our greatest PM", I have no idea.

Maybe the above post belongs in the QAnon Cookers thread.

View attachment 1692

Because our PMs response to the massacre in Israel is about as weak as the response from the UN, the United Nations is a joke.
Again...you're looking for the QAnon Cooker talking points thread...not this one.

If you listened to anything apart from 2GB and Sky News - you'd appreciate that the Federal Govt and a number of State Govt's (I think all, but can't confirm) strongly condemned the attacks on Israel by Hamas. Our PM even stated that the Palenstinian protestors at the Opera House shouldn't have been there.

Unlike you, our Federal Govt can walk and chew gum. Calling for restraint is not weakness. It's saying - "we feel your pain and condemn these attacks in the strongest possible terms. At the same time, we urge that more civilians aren't senselessly slaughtered...".

War crimes in response to war crimes is not the way to respond.

But you won't udnerstand any of that, and I'm sure you want Australian "boots on the ground" to put those pesky Arabs in their place...luckily you're not running the country.

You make assumptions and try to score childish points , we could all have different opinions and do it decently, you have a habit of trying to puff out your chest and throw in sly insults, and no i dont want boots on the ground and some of those pesky Arabs as You call them have proven themselves to be animals, but we have seen it before, but if you choose to side with people who have slaughtered women and children you can have it all to yourself, many experts have remarked re our PM as giving a weak response to the Hamas attack, and to date by reports he has not attempted to contact the Israeli PM, as for civilians getting killed?, Hamas fires missiles from densely populated areas, Israel has a history of alerting the buildings to be hit so as to avoid casualties , Hamas was aware of the likely response so the casualties are on their shoulders, as for Sky news and 2GB? i am a big fan of the continuous call team but not a regular watcher of Sky news, i do bet however you are a big fan of the ABC .
And tell us all how you think Israel should have responded to families and children being slaughtered?.
Again...you're looking for the QAnon Cooker talking points thread...not this one.

If you listened to anything apart from 2GB and Sky News - you'd appreciate that the Federal Govt and a number of State Govt's (I think all, but can't confirm) strongly condemned the attacks on Israel by Hamas. Our PM even stated that the Palenstinian protestors at the Opera House shouldn't have been there.

Unlike you, our Federal Govt can walk and chew gum. Calling for restraint is not weakness. It's saying - "we feel your pain and condemn these attacks in the strongest possible terms. At the same time, we urge that more civilians aren't senselessly slaughtered...".

War crimes in response to war crimes is not the way to respond.

But you won't udnerstand any of that, and I'm sure you want Australian "boots on the ground" to put those pesky Arabs in their place...luckily you're not running the country.

Last edited:
You make assumptions and try to score childish points , we could all have different opinions and do it decently, you have a habit of trying to puff out your chest and throw in sly insults, and no i dont want boots on the ground and some of those pesky Arabs as You call them have proven themselves to be animals, but we have seen it before, but if you choose to side with people who have slaughtered women and children you can have it all to yourself, many experts have remarked re our PM as giving a weak response to the Hamas attack, and to date by reports he has not attempted to contact the Israeli PM, as for civilians getting killed?, Hamas fires missiles from densely populated areas, Israel has a history of alerting the buildings to be hit so as to avoid casualties , Hamas was aware of the likely response so the casualties are on their shoulders, as for Sky news and 2GB? i am a big fan of the continuous call team but not a regular watcher of Sky news, i do bet however you are a big fan of the ABC .
And tell us all how you think Israel should have responded to families and children being slaughtered?.
I make these “sly” points, as you can only repeat the talking points of the RW, without stopping to try and corroborate any of them...it’s parrot like.

There’s no point having a conversation with you, as you won’t let anything affect your world view.

The Israeli/Arab conflict goes back thousands of years and was kicked off again by the drawing of lines on a map by the British in the lead up and the aftermath of WWII. There are a number of interesting podcasts on the shitshow that the British and French made of the Middle East region, alongside a number of excellent books.

Oh and for the record the Hamas attack on southern Israel was barbaric and should be condemned in the strongest terms. The fact that they have taken hostages is appalling.

That doesn’t give Israel the right to slaughter innocent Palestinians in the Gaza Strip. Oh and the throwaway line about the Israelis giving warning…nope Netanyahu removed that provision about 6 years ago (maybe longer).

But hey “Israel good, Palestinians bad” fits into a simple world view.

Pity the world isn’t simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back