• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

2025 NRL Squad & Football Dept. Tracker

After Dodd, I have my top 30 ‘new blood’ number at 5 (that’s assuming Ilias goes).

I’d retain Tass and Chee Kam at the right price.

Those 2, plus a depth half, top 17 prop, edge that can push to start, and 2 outside backs (Clarke please, and an up and comer/depth piece).

Then Wayne and a new high performance team.
I think people are forgetting (not you) that we need to field a first grade team and a Reserve Grade team.

There is a top squad of 30 players + 4 or so “development players” that can play from round 1.

Our recruitment hasn’t been great - no arguments there - but you need depth players, that may play 5 or so games of 1st grade each year.

That’s a long way of saying I’d keep Chee Kam and Tass as depth players too. That can do a job during origin (if we have players picked) or for injuries/suspension.

Hopefully we are taking steps to appease whatever Gods we’ve pissed off and our injury list next year will be nowhere near as bad as it has been this year.

Which means Milne, Kennar, Thompson and co will never see first grade again.

I think people are forgetting (not you) that we need to field a first grade team and a Reserve Grade team.

There is a top squad of 30 players + 4 or so “development players” that can play from round 1.

Our recruitment hasn’t been great - no arguments there - but you need depth players, that may play 5 or so games of 1st grade each year.

That’s a long way of saying I’d keep Chee Kam and Tass as depth players too. That can do a job during origin (if we have players picked) or for injuries/suspension.

Hopefully we are taking steps to appease whatever Gods we’ve pissed off and our injury list next year will be nowhere near as bad as it has been this year.

Yes we have far too many reserve grade standard players playing far too many first grade games. Tass is a classic example. He's probably better than reggies standard but not quite good enough to be a regular top grade player but quite acceptable to come in for injuries or rep duties That's on the recruitment team who didn't go to market for a quality centre when we lost Gags but that's a whole other story! Cheeks I'd keep too for same reasons. The others wouldn't be missed........except for times like now! 😟

Exactly.

Tass and Chee Kam are solid depth. They should be playing 5-8 games a year. Not 20.

Croll joined with us last season.

Probs why we turned shit in the back end of the season, players went from being fit to no longer being fit from around round 10 to 11 mark.

That's my theory on part of the collapse.

Also the resurgence of the broncos once he left.

The dots fit together perfect and I still don't understand how he has a job at the club, if it were me he would have gone with JD

Id much rather see the 5 depth players that haven’t hit their ceilings. Kennar and Milne are never getting any better. Get some hungry youngsters that whilst they might make an error or two at least have the potential to outperform and improve…

Back