• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

NSW State Election

Not under my definition of woke.
Oh, so deciding what you call woke is completely subjective.

Well, there's your definition and then there's the definition. Wonder where you developed your definition. Have you been persuaded by the mob perhaps? And how can you choose to have your own definition of things? It is a popular thing to do nowadays in what is being more widely referred to as the post-truth era.

Make up my own definitions for things. Wow. I could invent my own language altogether if we take that to it's logical extreme. 😂

Ok, I think I get it. Justice for animals - good. Justice for people - bad. Okidoki...

Oh, so deciding what you call woke is completely subjective.

Well, there's your definition and then there's the definition. Wonder where you developed your definition. Have you been persuaded by the mob perhaps? And how can you choose to have your own definition of things? It is a popular thing to do nowadays in what is being more widely referred to as the post-truth era.

Make up my own definitions for things. Wow. I could invent my own language altogether if we take that to it's logical extreme. 😂

Anyhoo ....
Woke is not a science, there are no laws or regulations defining it any more than there is with what is left, right or moderate.

Of course people have their definitions, it's called thinking.

Ask 10 people on the street what is left wing and you'll get 10 varied answers.

People also have their own definitions of love, hate, passion, loyalty, dedication, respect, honour and a million other things.

Out of curiosity I just googled "definition of woke" and I received 352,000,000 links.

I don't intend on reading them all, but I have a suspicion they are not all identical.

Last edited:
Exactly, good comment. I like to stir the pot a bit…….well a lot. Devils advocate so to speak but it really is funny watching the meltdown from both left and right.

It’s one of the few pleasures remaining in my “political soul” or what’s left. I really don’t care anymore.

Last edited:
Exactly, good comment. I like to stir the pot a bit…….well a lot. Devils advocate so to speak but it really is funny watching the meltdown from both left and right.

one of the few pleasures remaining in my “political soul” or what’s left. I really don’t care anymore.

Being neither left or right I find it funny to watch/read.

Both sides seem to try so hard to prove the beliefs of others as being wrong, rather than just accepting that opinions differ.

But sure as hell in every thread we get those who post link after link after link of stories, reports, articles or videos that support their agenda and then consider it as the truth, proven.

Odd mindsets is all I can say.

Woke is not a science, there are no laws or regulations defining it any more than there is with what is left, right or moderate.

Of course people have their definitions, it's called thinking.

Ask 10 people on the street what is left wing and you'll get 10 varied answers.

People also have their own definitions of love, hate, passion, loyalty, dedication, respect, honour and a million other things.

Out of curiosity I just googled "definition of woke" and I received 352,000,000 links.

I don't intend on reading them all, but I have a suspicion they are not all identical.
It's called demonization and propaganda. Woke simply means being awake ("woke") to social injustice although it's been distorted into some terrible pejorative by the far right to such success that people genuflect sideways to appear non-woke for fear of being smeared. It's a straw man load of rubbish.

Animal justice activists are typically seen as greeny leftist wokesters. I'm all for animal justice as I said. It just seemed incongruous with your need to demonstrate to one and all how not woke you seemingly are. Or aren't'? :D

It's called demonization and propaganda. Woke simply means being awake ("woke") to social injustice although it's been distorted into some terrible pejorative by the far right to such success that people genuflect sideways to appear non-woke for fear of being smeared. It's a straw man load of rubbish.

Animal justice activists are typically seen as greeny leftist wokesters. I'm all for animal justice as I said. It just seemed incongruous with your need to demonstrate to one and all how not woke you seemingly are. Or aren't'? :D
The AJP are not activists in any way. They are not the type of party who throw paint on people and have violent protests.

They are about as woke as the RSPCA.

And no, I'm not woke at all. In fact in many areas i am very anti woke.

And likewise it was weaponised by the morally elite with a superiority complex who looked down on anyone who dared to waver from their view. Even marginall.
I may even say it’s “demonistation”

We see it here. Don’t fall 1000% into line and your an extremist.

As I said. It’s hilarious 😆

getting the thread topic back on track, who are you voting for and why ?

I saw a photo online of Chris Minns playing a guitar, anyone have a link to it? Curious to see if he can play.

The AJP are not activists in any way. They are not the type of party who throw paint on people and have violent protests.

They are about as woke as the RSPCA.

And no, I'm not woke at all. In fact in many areas i am very anti woke.
Right. So, you're anti social justice when it comes to humans. Got it. But, when it comes to justice for animals, even though you don't throw paint at people (and good on you, that's worse than murder and rape isn't it?), when it comes to animal justice you are awake to their needs. Got it.

Humans - anti-woke. Animals - woke. Got it. :)

Cool. Cheers.

And likewise it was weaponised by the morally elite with a superiority complex who looked down on anyone who dared to waver from their view. Even marginall.
I may even say it’s “demonistation”

We see it here. Don’t fall 1000% into line and your an extremist.

As I said. It’s hilarious 😆
I really should call you Blunty from now on.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed...

I really should call you Blunty from now on.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed...

Well , that would be you defaulting to a character weakness. You seem incapable of an open and even discussion with, possibly, differing views

You’ve even hijacked this thread.👐

Latest posts

Back