• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

NSW State Election

That’s about the only thing I couldn’t do. I can’t Vote for a 1 policy party that will have zero influence on the result.
Personally, I don’t like their policy approach to what is a good philosophy

Last election I voted for this mob. I liked their well balanced policies.

Being in,possibility, the most marginal seat I hoped a vote for a smaller voice might bring so much needed adjustment to the mainstream parties.

They polled less than 1% from memory 🤣🤣🤣 I think the election saw both majors getting 48% each
I am working tomorrow so had to do a pre poll. Voted for the AJP but gave my first preference to the mob you mentioned above.

Chatting to a guy handing out Labor how to vote cards and he said the Libs were getting far more take up from what he could tell.

I hate that we are playing on election night, I love watching the coverage and hearing all the excuses from whoever is losing, might have the game on the big screen and the election on my small TV.

they may well be leading the polls but that doesn’t necessarily convert to winning seats.
I read labor need to gain 10 seats…..not easy

they may well be leading the polls but that doesn’t necessarily convert to winning seats.
I read labor need to gain 10 seats…..not easy
I look at betting rather than polls, but yes, can never tell.

The election odds massively favour Labor. Will be interesting to see what happens.
Richo, the political one not the football one, says he thinks it will be a minority Labor govt.

The AJP are not activists in any way. They are not the type of party who throw paint on people and have violent protests.

They are about as woke as the RSPCA.

And no, I'm not woke at all. In fact in many areas i am very anti woke.
So…you’re asleep then.

A long list of malpractice over the last decade,Jack Parrot is a certainty!
The ragged trousered Philantropists will be out in force.
Out my way the Conservatives have posters everywhere,even in the toilets,😜red one was torn down quick smart!

If you study the political science (rather than the polls, which is basically a waste of time), the most likely outcome posited by the likes of Antony Green (an example…there’s a bunch more saying pretty much the same thing) are saying that Labor will pick up ~6 seats and will be able to form Govt with the support of the independents.

The path to 9 seats (pretty sure it’s 9 for a majority but could be wrong), is extremely difficult for Labor based on the margins in those seats.

I happen to think that the most likely outcome is a Labor minority Govt. But it could just as easily be a squeaker for the LNP.

Nothing seems to stick to Perrottet, which is amazing.

And to answer the original question - I will be voting Labor.

I firmly believe that Govt’s should change about every 10-12 years. Govt’s like everything else become stale, and you need a freshen up.

Minns has demonstrated that he’s a safe pair of hands and will provide a strong Govt.

The only thing I vehemently disagree with is his policy on poker machine reform. I think he’s squibbed it, and it nearly changed my vote.

Voting for minor parties, like the Greens is a waste of a vote for me. They’re a purity party and no better than the other small parties that can make bold claims, as they never have to govern.

Oh and my final point.
You can have an opinion on the Sun, Gravity, the seasons or whether the planet we live on is a sphere. Doesn’t change the fact that they are immutable facts.

Left and Right (in politics) aren’t matters of opinion. They are facts that have been in operation for hundreds of years.

You can go back to the British parliament of 1700’s if you’d like.

The interesting thing is that while the ALP and the LNP are centre left and right respectively, they are no longer representing their traditional constituencies. .

The party of labour have become far more progressive over the last few decades (one of the drivers has been the de-unionisation of the workforce as we shifted dramatically from blue collar to professional workers over the last 3 decades).
This has driven splinter groups who have extreme views on subjects like the environment - that alienated them from the ALP. The main splintering on the left has been to the extreme left, rather than to split right. Although this wasn’t always the case with the Democratic Labor Party splitting right, based on a schism caused along religious grounds.

The party of Capital, have become far more reactionary - than their founder intended - as they have become the vehicle for religious fundamentalists to attempt to influence political debate. The same battle is happening in the US with free market neo-liberals cheek by jowl with extreme religious fundamentalists, who have a protectionist bent that should see them in the Democrats.

This has led to the political “right” splinter both towards the extreme right AND towards the centre.

Reactionary ideologues have established splinter parties/groupings to re-capture an Australia that never existed.

And centrist moderates have either lost their seat to independents (and it didn’t just happen in the last election) or become centrist independents because they were disaffected with the direction of the main Conservative Party.

A good mate of mine has Party A posters out the front of his place, despite the fact he votes Party B.

Without going into detail it has to do with a grant for something he is involved in if Party A wins his electorate.

Aaahhh, the purity and integrity of politics.

I love election nights, been this was since I was a kid, my interest in politics was forged by the Dismissal and the It's Time Campaign. Such an exciting time in politics.

Of course being young I was very pro Labor and detested Fraser, obviously this was way before Fraser turned left, who saw that coming.

I actually recall wearing an "It's Time" badge and arguing with people in the street about Labor vs Liberal.

Can't wait for the numbers to start coming through tonight.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back