• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

NRLW

Shauno

Grand Master
Reaction score
NRL have announced the addition of Bulldogs and Warriors to the 2025 competition, declining Souths application

This means the only NRL clubs without a women's side will be:

Rabbitohs
Panthers
Sea Eagles
Dolphins
Storm

Pretty embarrassing really.

pathetic reflection of our management on this.

We were one of the leading clubs on woman rugby league , we failed to understand what NRL were looking for when we were unsuccessful to get into the inaugural 4 , losing to Rooster submission who at that time had no woman rugby league team.

We then dummy spit , and kept on losing out , and then showed ineptness when chose to state that we would not be ready until 2025 , allowing Tigers to get in solely because they stated they were ready.

Now , we lost out to Dogs , Warriors were always getting in .

We might. say, well if there is NO Souths team in the WNRL , who cares we will not follow. Problem is there are plenty of young fans who like it , plenty of young female fans , and if they start supporting a team in the W NRL , they might stay with the mens. i.e. we lose future fans !!

Pathetic

NRL have announced the addition of Bulldogs and Warriors to the 2025 competition, declining Souths application

Did the decline us or we just didn't put a bid in?

Because I can't see no logical reason why we aren't in this comp

We have been submitting bids from the start , however prior to this decision our last submission we stated we would be ready by 2025 and four other clubs ( including Tigers) stated they were ready to go and all 4 were accepted , the decision at that time was for 2 club admission only , but NRL decided to accept all the clubs who said we are ready.

We submitted for 2025 again , and the last I heard it was Panther, Warriors and Rabbits for 2025. Never heard that Dogs were bidding.

However if you look at the current woman's table for the two comps we are In .....we are near the bottom with only 1 win and Bulldogs are at the top for both comps. Clearly we have lost focus on our recruitment and development .Dogs bid must have included that they have a core team already developing , so they will minimise disruption to player market. Of course any talent we have , will be raided by the other existing W NRL teams. We have become a feeder

I know they submitted again for 2025, but were declined for 'geographical' reasons

I believe there were financial reasons as to why we weren’t ready last time around.

I haven’t heard anything specific concerning this round but I look forward to hearing what happened.

I know they submitted again for 2025, but were declined for 'geographical' reasons
Yeah, because that part of Sydney was really lacking with Parramatta and Wests....

I believed that about much as Sam Burgess leaving "to concentrate on the upcoming birth of his child and preparation for move to Warrington".

It’s obviously a money thing. Souths upper management are more worried about the P and L statement rather than what the fans want. There has to be a balance.

It’s simply not good enough we should have a team in it in 2025

We have been submitting bids from the start , however prior to this decision our last submission we stated we would be ready by 2025 and four other clubs ( including Tigers) stated they were ready to go and all 4 were accepted , the decision at that time was for 2 club admission only , but NRL decided to accept all the clubs who said we are ready.

We submitted for 2025 again , and the last I heard it was Panther, Warriors and Rabbits for 2025. Never heard that Dogs were bidding.

However if you look at the current woman's table for the two comps we are In .....we are near the bottom with only 1 win and Bulldogs are at the top for both comps. Clearly we have lost focus on our recruitment and development .Dogs bid must have included that they have a core team already developing , so they will minimise disruption to player market. Of course any talent we have , will be raided by the other existing W NRL teams. We have become a feeder
NRL expressly require teams to buy in players. Proposing developing our own team was how we missed out in the first place.

We are near the bottom of the comp because the rorters keep stealing our players to NRLW.

Let's get the mens team to win a game first before we worry about a females team. We need our priorities in order. Who cares about wnrl or vegas next year or whatever else wont help get us to a grandfinal or even just the finals would be nice.

Back