• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

NRLW

Big fan of the NRLW and severely disappointed we haven’t yet been accepted.

As a foundation club, we should have been given entry in 2018, especially with the strength of our reserve grade side.

Souths can do no more than submit an application for inclusion, which we have done.

Souths can do no more than submit an application for inclusion, which we have done.
Wow , mediocracy is fine with you.

How about , working out what W NRL want in a new team , and working to ensure we tick all the boxes. We have had over 6 years to do this .....before W NRL inaugural 4 team comp , we were the leaders in woman NRL , had some of the best players , good coach , and took the simple "lets put in an application" approach. Roosters had NO team , but worked out want NRL wanted and gave it to them in the application.

Now 6 YEARS later , we are near last in both woman's comps and Dogs are first in both. Who got the NOD?

I am f... pissed

Wow , mediocracy is fine with you.

How about , working out what W NRL want in a new team , and working to ensure we tick all the boxes. We have had over 6 years to do this .....before W NRL inaugural 4 team comp , we were the leaders in woman NRL , had some of the best players , good coach , and took the simple "lets put in an application" approach. Roosters had NO team , but worked out want NRL wanted and gave it to them in the application.

Now 6 YEARS later , we are near last in both woman's comps and Dogs are first in both. Who got the NOD?

I am f... pissed
They have ticked all the boxes.

Apart from submitting an application there is nothing else Souths can do.

Be angry at the NRL, not Souths.

They have ticked all the boxes.

Apart from submitting an application there is nothing else Souths can do.

Be angry at the NRL, not Souths.
The last thing that matters is the application. It is the behind-the-scenes politics that will win/lose you a spot.

The last thing that matters is the application. It is the behind-the-scenes politics that will win/lose you a spot.
I agree. Politis pulling in favours got the Roosters in.
Same reason they got to go to Vegas.
Same reason they got a new stadium.
Same reason Dave Brown and Dally Messenger were made immortals, even though they were pre-war

Taking bias out of it, I do get the geography answer. Even if it’s superficial.

The have the Roosters covering the city/eastern suburbs. Sharks in the shire down South. St George in Wollongong further South. Tigers out Campbelltown way south west. Eels for the Parramatta catchment west. And the Dogs in the inner southern west.

Add the Panthers for way out west and a team in the norther suburbs and that’s Sydney pretty well covered.

They’re also bringing teams on board to ensure there are the same number of Sydney teams as there are non Sydney teams it seems.

Yes I would prefer a Rabbitohs team present. But strategically, it doesn’t make a tonne of sense if you are starting a competition from scratch with none of the baggage that comes with an old Sydney competition to retrofit it (like the NRL had to deal with).

But strategically, it doesn’t make a tonne of sense if you are starting a competition from scratch with none of the baggage that comes with an old Sydney competition to retrofit it (like the NRL had to deal with).

Roosters should have been omitted, not us.

We are a bigger brand, bigger club, wider reach.

Plenty of women would want to play for the Rabbitohs professionally.

Not sure how many chicks in Bondi dream of donning the Roosters jersey.

This means the only NRL clubs without a women's side will be:

Rabbitohs
Panthers
Sea Eagles
Dolphins
Storm

Pretty embarrassing really.
I mean, apart from the Dolphins, you could argue we're in good company. Maybe we fight fire with fire and start a Women's Super League - turn the tables for once.

They’re an NRLW foundation club. What’s done is done.

It's like the old Super League "criteria"
Figure out who you want in the comp and make up some BS to justify your decision.

anyone seen the W NRL application ?

My view is , there is a question , HOW MUCH WILL YOU SPEND in YEAR 1. And most likely it has been there from the start.

Our continued stated strategy from first application has been WE developer players with our Pathways which probably has a lower spend then , enticing elite players from different sports . different cities and paying higher $$ for better athletes and associated relocation costs.

Our pathway strategy appears a loser , when you look at how long we have had woman's teams and where we stand on the two current woman's competition we are in.

Why are we not in WNRL ?,is because we really do not want to do what is required to have a strong team. After nearly seven years of unsuccessful applications , it is not the NRL who are the problem, it is clearly our strategy and desire.

anyone standing up for our strategy and commitment to Woman's NRL , well good on you clearly have red and green eyes and enjoyed the torment of the 80's . 90's and early 2000'

I will only ever follow Souths , however NO longer applaud losing plays and strategies

anyone seen the W NRL application ?

My view is , there is a question , HOW MUCH WILL YOU SPEND in YEAR 1. And most likely it has been there from the start.

Are you saying that’s a fact or is it a “belief”.

Latest posts

Back