• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

Again, WHO CARES ABOUT THE BRONCOS !. Last time I looked this was a South Sydney Rabbitohs forum. Pretty sure that scummy team up north have their own website for discussions on their players and coach. I know this is a News , General Articles and Discussion thread , but we are really sinking to the pits of hell when post after post is talking up a team that should be held in pretty much the same regard as that other scummy club next door to us. I'd rather hear about Puff Diddy's romance with Justin Bieber than what's going on with that crappy club up north to be honest.
Come on Bundy there's real "synergy" there. ;)

Ex Souths coach and captain. Ex Bronco's coach and legend here. It is general articles and discussion. I'm certainly interested. Makes a change from the nauseating Roosters obsession.

Come on Bundy there's real "synergy" there. ;)

Ex Souths coach and captain. Ex Bronco's coach and legend here. It is general articles and discussion. I'm certainly interested. Makes a change from the nauseating Roosters obsession.
Both clubs of equal importance to me Andy. The only news I want to see is them both being done for fraud.

We need to re sign Tallis, Moale and Munro asap

I don’t get the impression any of them are going anywhere.

They’ll likely make definitive calls on Walker and Johnston first, so they know where their cap is at.

Hence Bennett foreshadowing chat he thinks Cody could go round again the other day.

It does make you wonder where the cap relief comes from.

Host, Havili, and Ilias I guess.

Last edited:
I have no evidence, but I do suspect that Reynolds was one of the people that got rid of Madge at Souths. I can imagine the players got sick of being told to just try harder. There is more to football than that. Being flogged all the time doesn't make you a good team. I would have imagined that the players were consulted when he was kicked out. But it seemed like Reynolds wasn't consulted when they hired Madge. In the interview he was surprised they got rid of Walters. Again, all speculation but I wonder if any of it could be true.

In an “old school” way, yes.

How will that play out with the big headed playing group is the question
The most important thing for Maguire is that he has the full backing of senior management and that this support is totally visible to the players.
If that works, then he still can succeed.
Commen sense would suggest that their senior management has very little choice but to get right behind him.
I dont think Kevvie had that assurance ... imo.
Personally, I still think they have some roster issues next year especially given the form of many of their players ... mainly in the forwards this year. Its difficult to guage ... if players are much fitter and committed and support the coach, the roster looks better, like any team really... just like souths.
I mean, look at many on this site have been highly critical of the ability of some of our own really talented players...form/commitment is quite different to ability.

I have no evidence, but I do suspect that Reynolds was one of the people that got rid of Madge at Souths. I can imagine the players got sick of being told to just try harder. There is more to football than that. Being flogged all the time doesn't make you a good team. I would have imagined that the players were consulted when he was kicked out. But it seemed like Reynolds wasn't consulted when they hired Madge. In the interview he was surprised they got rid of Walters. Again, all speculation but I wonder if any of it could be true.
We will never know the full story ... but if the players collectively claim that they fully supported KW, then they had a pretty damn poor way of showing it this year. Actions speak louder than words dont they???

Re Walsh, it’s more to do with his training regime & work ethic
Maybe so, but I think at least on the score of fitness he is right up there.
Where he falls down imo is tryng to do the superstar glam plays too often. Sometimes you just have to play solid. I am just referring to attack here not D.
How many times has he gifted possession to the other team... even on early tackles ... even in his own half?
Just look at the 23 GF it takes its toll on his team.

Latest posts

Back