• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

Or have a media blackout the week in between trials and round 1. Would be bad for the NRL if there is a black hole the week before the season.

Your comments on here show that you are fully behind the rlpa. Whilst it is good to support the players, things are never so simple. I expect both sides need to compromise.
Yep. I think that’s a fair summation. There’s always three sides to every story.

I just happen to think that the NRL have handled this whole issue really poorly. And I mean from an optics, communication, winning the PR battle perspective.

The fact (not denied by Abdo to my knowledge) that the first f2f meeting was last week, is appalling.

Not sure how you can reach a compromise position without sitting down across a table and doing a bit of actual negotiation.

Agree. It seems they’re talking about some issues that should ideally be improved, but that have very open ended, non-fixed financial amounts tied to them.

The timeframe allotted for surgeries post retirement is one I’ve heard discussed.

There are also things that the NRL is trying to do for the better of the game that the players are blocking, like the end of season trade window.

It seems it’s hardly all one side’s fault.

Both parties seem like they’re trying to solve every one of their problems in one deal. Which might be better baby-stepped over 2-4 CBA’s in the future.

Nuts that merch and gate receipts are neck and neck.
I would like to see the other 15 clubs numbers, I really would.

I know the Bronks were turning over $38 million plus many years ago, I read.

Your comments on here show that you are fully behind the rlpa. Whilst it is good to support the players, things are never so simple. I expect both sides need to compromise.

Exactly. Both sides

Newton has shown no interest in compromise whenever I’ve heard him.

Latest posts

Back