• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

Hard to compare as some clubs roll it in with their Leagues clubs, e.g. Parra

$54 million is an obscene amount of money to be taking from the community. You can see why they will fight against any potential reduction in poker machine revenue though. They hardly make any other money (except that which goes directly to running the NRL team). Management would have to actually do something.

those figures show the folly, being kind, in walking away from the LC model.
a huge mistake which we will come to regret down the track, in my humble

Wow, we are making more money now than the premiership year or the year after with the so called flowon effect.
I think finishing consistently Top 4 or at least Top 8 will see Souths continue to report good profits each year. Since 2018 we've posted a profit before tax each & every season & the profit curve took on an upward trend since then. Also of course coincides with playing finals footy each season since then. Winning the comp in 2014 resulted in a great financial result but even if we are just there or thereabouts our profitability should be fine - Of course profits aside, we ALL want to win comps not just get close. Our cash reserves look increasingly healthy as well. Considering we operate without leagues club grants & had to endure those interrupted Covid 19 seasons (as all clubs did of course) I'm happy with the way our club is going, not just on-field but off-field also. We are very well managed IMO but continuous improvement is key.

Watching the Warriors vs Tigers trial, 14 - 0 Warriors at half time.

those figures show the folly, being kind, in walking away from the LC model.
a huge mistake which we will come to regret down the track, in my humble
Sorry completely disagree.

1) Relying on a LC for revenue has been proven not to be a sustainable business model.
Remember Cronulla nearly went broke as did Penrith who both had Leagues Clubs funding the RL team.
Parra have had significant issues previously with revenues from LC.
It makes the RL club lazy about chasing sponsorship and other forms of revenue.

2) Not relying on the misery of others to make money is one of the reasons I love Souths business model.

3) The cashless gaming card, which will be introduced will have a detrimental effect on the Club’s pokie revenue base and that will mean that their grants to their RL clubs will significantly decrease.

We’ve done the right thing and are well positioned.

Can't take much out of these early trials but the Warriors playing with nice shape in attack. Would be good to see them go well this season.

Sorry completely disagree.

1) Relying on a LC for revenue has been proven not to be a sustainable business model.

I wouldn’t suggest, solely, relying on a LC but as part of a diversified funding model, it’s a great income stream.
I don’t buy into the whole demonising of the club industry

Your comments on here show that you are fully behind the rlpa. Whilst it is good to support the players, things are never so simple. I expect both sides need to compromise.
I wouldn't say I'm 'fully' behind the RLPA but I do side with their side of the arguement a lot more than I do the NRL's.

For me, what the players are asking for is no unreasonable at all. In fact, I think most of what they're asking for is a no brainer and would be better for the game.

Also, the fact the NRL didn't agree to actually meet with anyone about this face to face until recent weeks is poor, instantly puts me off their side.

I just think the NRl has handled this really poorly.

I wouldn't say I'm 'fully' behind the RLPA but I do side with their side of the arguement a lot more than I do the NRL's.

For me, what the players are asking for is no unreasonable at all. In fact, I think most of what they're asking for is a no brainer and would be better for the game.

Also, the fact the NRL didn't agree to actually meet with anyone about this face to face until recent weeks is poor, instantly puts me off their side.

I just think the NRl has handled this really poorly.
The only thing I would say is - we don’t really know what the players are asking for….what’s being said through the media may not be consistent with what’s said behind closed doors

Latest posts

Back