• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Movies: The Best and The Worst!

daRque

Master
Reaction score
Go for it............................................

Ok I'll start.
You can judge a great book by how many movies are made from it. I AM LEGEND was one of the best ever horror novels.
There were three movies but for creepiness I reckon you can't go past the original, back and white- with Vincent Price- the king of horror- THE LAST MAN ON EARTH.
You beat me to it. Delete my thread.

Ok I'll start.
You can judge a great book by how many movies are made from it. I AM LEGEND was one of the best ever horror novels.
There were three movies but for creepiness I reckon you can't go past the original, back and white- with Vincent Price- the king of horror- THE LAST MAN ON EARTH.
You beat me to it. Delete my thread.
Do you remember Omega Man which was along the lines of last man standing in the future.

Do you remember Omega Man which was along the lines of last man standing in the future.
Yes great movie and so was I AM LEGEND but the Vincent Price one scared the death out of me. Even now it is creepy. maybe it was the black and white. Like 'The Gorgan'. It was in color but with TV ..well.

My favourite movie of all time would be the original Time Machine with Rod Taylor. I was always fascinated with time travel so this movie just totally did it for me. Still watch it quite regularly.

A couple of other faves would be 12 Angry Men and Anatomy of a Murder.

Fave Xmas movie of all time is the original Miracle on 34th Street, it is just so charming.

Worst of all time would be any Star Wars movie, and both the old and the new Blade Runner.
The most recent Blade Runner was particularly bad and boring.

Yes great movie and so was I AM LEGEND but the Vincent Price one scared the death out of me. Even now it is creepy. maybe it was the black and white. Like 'The Gorgan'. It was in color but with TV ..well.
Not sure I have seen the Vincent Price one, will have to follow up on that.

Some other general faves:

Pulp Fiction
Forrest Gump
Shawshank Redemption
Bridge on the River Kwai
Lord of the Rings
Life of Brian
Search for the Holy Grail

I find some Aussie movies very corny, a recent one was " The Merger", another big budget flop was "Australia" with Hugh Jackman, if you like war movies "Five Came Back" was very good as was " The Siege at Jadotville" was a true story and well done.

Cant leave this one out, another true story, the US embassy was attacked.

Snatch
My Octopus Teacher
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrells
Gladiator
Trainspotting
Spirited Away & Howells Moving Castle
Life Of Brian (any Monty Python)
Tombstone
The Unforgiven
Jackie Brown
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

For starters

Last edited:
Snatch
My Octopus Teacher
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrells
Gladiator
Trainspotting
Spirited Away & Howells Moving Castle
Life Of Brian (any Monty Python)
Tombstone
The Unforgiven
Jackie Brown
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

For starters
A very eclectic mix!

Django Unchained
Clockwork Orange
Don't Look Up

Anything with James Stewart

The Presley movies,they were all horror shows!
The Gladiators a new TV show,I can hardly wait.Fark.
Sorry off topic!

I was actually going to post this on the music thread after I watched it yet again. One of my all time faves.
I rarely come across anyone who has actually seen it😱

Back