• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Manly Pride Debacle

Just curious, do the people with anti-Christian bias here take time off for Easter and Christmas?
Not sure how this is relevant in any way, shape or form.

There are Muslim's living in this country we call home.

They do not necessarily celebrate Easter or Christmas yet as a result of Australia's Anglo Saxon influence, they may be required to take time off work.

I am not judging the people, like i said i dont condone the practice..
Hopefully one day you realise how damaging that statement is…..hopefully there is not a young person in your life grappling with their sexuality and fear of not being loved that has to hear “you don’t condone their behaviour…”

Give it a rest Joe, the gay people i have known ive treated with the greatest respect and kindness as i would any person.
Hopefully one day you realise how damaging that statement is…..hopefully there is not a young person in your life grappling with their sexuality and fear of not being loved that has to hear “you don’t condone their behaviour…”

Just curious, do the people with anti-Christian bias here take time off for Easter and Christmas?
Yes is BS that we are bloody well forced to take days off for things that are irrelevant to me. I would love to start a movement that shifts our public holidays to more meaningful times
1) when the surf is good….I’m thinking autumn and spring
2) not in the middle of summer - the beach is terrible then
3) mid-winter would be great for the snow

Who’s with me??

Yes is BS that we are bloody well forced to take days off for things that are irrelevant to me. I would love to start a movement that shifts our public holidays to more meaningful times

Who’s with me??
A company I know have introduced a new concept of 'floating public holiday leave'. More of a PR opportunity than anything else, but a similar idea nonetheless.

Reactions: Joe
Not sure how this is relevant in any way, shape or form.

There are Muslim's living in this country we call home.

They do not necessarily celebrate Easter or Christmas yet as a result of Australia's Anglo Saxon influence, they may be required to take time off work.
Just judging by your response am I right in thinking that you are anti-Christian?

I am not judging the people, like i said i dont condone the practice..
They're not asking anyone to condone, promote or encourage "the practice", they're asking you to accept that they exist, are human and worthy of the same respect as anyone else.

I think most people seem to have this idea of what "the gays" look like because, quite often, the only time you see a large group of LGBTIQA+ people is at the Mardi Gras or on TV. Not every LGBTIQA+ person is outwardly "queer", "camp", "butch", "effeminate" or even just "out". A lot of people you'd never suspect, like the guy with the beard covered head-to-toe in Souths merchandise with his girlfriend on one side and his SportsEars on the other lambasting another incorrect decision... but I digress. (If you're wondering what I am based off of that description, check out what the "B" stands for)

LGBTIQA+ are not trying to recruit new members to the rainbow gang - they are just trying to go about their lives without fear of being bashed, abused or systematically denigrated.

Who’s with me??
I hope that when something bad happens to you that you re-evaluate and turn to the Lord for healing so that you can live a good life.

I hope that when something bad happens to you that you re-evaluate and turn to the Lord for healing so that you can live a good life.
Two near death experiences so far and I can confidently say god didn’t enter my thoughts - both times front of mind was “man this was dumb and what about my poor mum….” 🤣

Two near death experiences so far and I can confidently say god didn’t enter my thoughts - both times front of mind was “man this was dumb and what about my poor mum….” 🤣
Really??? That's interesting, I'd like to know more.

I'm a South Sydney fan.

Whether I am Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, straight, gay or any other letter is of no relevance or concern to you!
So you're not Christian?

Back