• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Lewis Dodd

I thought that would have been obvious, what coach would risk an $800,000 player in reserves...

As annoying that it is that we signed a halfback from the ESL for 1.5million a year and he got dropped, we have at least a year with him before the 2.4million dollar 2nd year clause comes into effect.

Work your magic Bennett ya mug.

As annoying that it is that we signed a halfback from the ESL for 1.5million a year and he got dropped, we have at least a year with him before the 2.4million dollar 2nd year clause comes into effect.

Didn't he get Russell's Finger Wharf apartment thrown in with the deal as well ?

The good thing is if he fails, we'll release him to the Catalans and then have $3m a year freed up in our salary cap

I don't think the club will be too worried about this. And while it's not the best sign, I'm not too worried either. Wait and see until he gets here. We can't be stressing about his form right now. He may have mentally checked out? Who knows?
Agree. I don't know why this is even a story. Any coach can drop any player at any time. We have been lacking in last play attacking options from our 7 since Adam Reynolds left. The club have identified that and done something about it. Finally! Lewis Dodd has the skills to give us the last play options we need to win against teams like Storm and Panthers, something we need to do to be premiers. Let WB work with him in the offseason and see how he goes come round 1 2025, which is 8 months away. Dodds signing was a good move by a now proactive club.

Again the weird discourse around this continues to surprise me.

The club’s last solution at 7 was Ilias. They made that call 2 years ago, re-signed him after that, and recently gave him permission to look elsewhere.

Yet they have 100%, without a shadow of a doubt, got this call on Dodd right?

And the idea that we shouldn’t be worried about him getting dropped, because maybe he’s mentally checked out… how is that not concerning if it was the case?

Again, don’t run to the gap, but the fact people feel like they need to sanitise everything regarding this situation is like an odd mental defensive mechanism.

Just admit that having your halfback recruit dropped in ESL isn’t ideal, and hopefully he turns out to be a good buy for us next year regardless.

Again the weird discourse around this continues to surprise me.

The club’s last solution at 7 was Ilias. They made that call 2 years ago, re-signed him after that, and recently gave him permission to look elsewhere.

Yet they have 100%, without a shadow of a doubt, got this call on Dodd right?

And the idea that we shouldn’t be worried about him getting dropped, because maybe he’s mentally checked out… how is that not concerning if it was the case?

Again, don’t run to the gap, but the fact people feel like they need to sanitise everything regarding this situation is like an odd mental defensive mechanism.

Just admit that having your halfback recruit dropped in ESL isn’t ideal, and hopefully he turns out to be a good buy for us next year regardless.
Poet, I've always been a fan of your posts. But what's happened? You used to be a glass half full kinda guy. If Dodd takes a bit to find his mojo we also now have Humpheries. Compare this to Ilias and Hawkins.
Futures' so bright we ought to wear shades.

Poet, I've always been a fan of your posts. But what's happened? You used to be a glass half full kinda guy. If Dodd takes a bit to find his mojo we also now have Humpheries. Compare this to Ilias and Hawkins.
Futures' so bright we ought to wear shades.
I think Dodd’s a reasonable gamble considering the dearth of quality young halfback stock game wide.

It’s purely the knee jerk reaction to him getting dropped from fans that suprises me.

I think Dodd’s a reasonable gamble considering the dearth of quality young halfback stock game wide.

It’s purely the knee jerk reaction to him getting dropped from fans that suprises me.
Yes some articles and reactions are bordering on the negative. If the club does nothing and just plays it safe, (the don't offload you may drop the ball play), then we never get to the level we need to beat Storm at AAMI Park or win a premiership. I admire the Roosters strategy, (I feel sick to my core saying that), but they look at what a player can do and if it can improve their team, then sign them up. It doesn't always work. Ryan Hall or Joe Burgess should have been great on their wing but not so. Our club are doing likewise. It is an immensely positive process. If WB can get the best out of Dodd, get Munroe firing on the right wing and get another big forward then we will have the team to belt the Storm at their home ground. Premiership in 2025 or soon thereafter.

It's the Wayne Bennett factor. I'd be worried if he were coming to play under JD.

Wayne will get him firing, or he'll go with Cody or someone else. It'll be OK.

Lewis Dodd selected at 7 in the 21 man squad for the Warrington game this weekend.
Looks like he’s back after being left out in the last game.
ESL have fixed squad numbers. Dodd is 7, if he's playing or not - so that doesn't tell you much.

ESL have fixed squad numbers. Dodd is 7, if he's playing or not - so that doesn't tell you much.
Yes I was caught out on that last week. He was named at 7 then also.

Latest posts

Back