• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

I’m of the mind everybody loses with that call.

We’d be better off with Hastings, and Ilias would be way better off (career-wise) at the Knights.

The only caveat there is if Lachie sees himself as a 9 and wants the opportunity to make that position his own. Then it’s a little more line ball.
The caviet is in the last paragraph of R21s 2nd post.

Ilias is becoming the next Russell Packer (without the whole going to jail thing)

Guys trash and we have people doing verbal gymnastics trying to big the lad up since he has been injured and out of sight.

I rather him over hastings though

Ilias is becoming the next Russell Packer (without the whole going to jail thing)
There was also that unfortunate moment he took a slash on the hallowed turf of Lang Park when he played for the warriors.
Even so I would rather Illias.

The caviet is in the last paragraph of R21s 2nd post.

There’s a difference between ‘I want to stay and fight for my spot and I know I Dodd might play ahead of me and I might be asked to play 9’, and ‘I want to be a full time 9’. Which is the outcome the club probably needs.

There’s a difference between ‘I want to stay and fight for my spot and I know I Dodd might play ahead of me and I might be asked to play 9’, and ‘I want to be a full time 9’. Which is the outcome the club probably needs.
What some may be missing in all of this is....
If reports are true ... GOOD ONYA LACHIE for sticking to your guns and remaining faithful to us ... other things aside, isnt that the sort of young man we want in our squad???
I would be pretty confident that if he went to Knights, he would get 7 or 9 starting spot but if he remains with us, he knows he has a fight on his hands.
Yet he is prepared to back himself and follow the dream ... as it were.
I love it and really want:
- Illias to stay
- Illias to cement a top 17 spot, or the 9 spot
- Illias to prove a lot of his critics WRONG.
- Stick to your guns young man...
😁😁😁

I think it’s encouraging that we were both looking into it and that Ilias wants to prove his worth either competing for the 7 or developing as a 9.

I think it’s encouraging that we were both looking into it and that Ilias wants to prove his worth either competing for the 7 or developing as a 9.

We should be looking at other player swaps or finding contracts for other players and freeing up spots

Interesting to see that Adam Doueihi may transfer to the dragons.
He has had a wretched run but there is some versatility and talent there I think. I really hope he makes it ... just look at how Connor Tracey turned out after his 3 ACLs ... go figure. Tenacity like that deserves all the rewards it gets...

What some may be missing in all of this is....
If reports are true ... GOOD ONYA LACHIE for sticking to your guns and remaining faithful to us ... other things aside, isnt that the sort of young man we want in our squad???
I would be pretty confident that if he went to Knights, he would get 7 or 9 starting spot but if he remains with us, he knows he has a fight on his hands.
Yet he is prepared to back himself and follow the dream ... as it were.
I love it and really want:
- Illias to stay
- Illias to cement a top 17 spot, or the 9 spot
- Illias to prove a lot of his critics WRONG.
- Stick to your guns young man...
😁😁😁
Some of his critics on here will still find something wrong with his game no matter where he plays. They won't allow themselves to be proven wrong. It's just part and parcel of this place and is a recurring theme. 🤨

Ilias has informed Souths and Wayne he wants to stay put for 2025.

I have seen lots of Souths members and fans over social media and fan forums saying Ilias, Host and Havili can all go. What these people fail to realise is these 3 players are all contracted for 2025 we can’t force them out if they do not wish to leave.

View attachment 2915

It was probably never even on the table
There’s a good chance that this is all just media bullshit

Latest posts

Back