• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Latrell Mitchell

Alex has been banging on the Cody and Latrell in the halves barrow since Adam left.

Gould said on his podcast the other day that Cody at 7 doesn’t work. He was emphatic.

I’d like to see it. Even if it’s a little later in the season when we’re officially out of contention.

Alex has been banging on the Cody and Latrell in the halves barrow since Adam left.

Gould said on his podcast the other day that Cody at 7 doesn’t work. He was emphatic.

I’d like to see it. Even if it’s a little later in the season when we’re officially out of contention.
The biggest problem i see is that someone will have to play on the right when they havent done so their entire career.

Not saying they couldnt do it but Cody, Latrell and Jack are all left footers.

I'm flat out with Gus on this one. Cody is not a 7.

....but he's probably still our best option right now. Sigh.

The biggest problem i see is that someone will have to play on the right when they havent done so their entire career.

Not saying they couldnt do it but Cody, Latrell and Jack are all left footers.
Only until Stretch comes back.

Stretch goes to right centre.
And where does Latrell, Jack and Cody play?

This is where we havent really got a clear plan if we move Latrell to centre.

It means we have arguably our biggest game breaker parked out at centre earning 1 mill a year and touching the ball less.

Throws our cap way out of whack too.

And where does Latrell, Jack and Cody play?

This is where we havent really got a clear plan if we move Latrell to centre.

It means we have arguably our biggest game breaker parked out at centre earning 1 mill a year and touching the ball less.

Throws our cap way out of whack too.
Latrell plays left centre, Jack replaces Keaon in the backrow and Cody stays at 5/8.

Latrell plays left centre, Jack replaces Keaon in the backrow and Cody stays at 5/8.

Or, wouldn’t it be great to go old school and play the centres beside each other.
imagine Cody going to the line with the choice of Trell or Jack with AJ outside them.
Not a plodding backrower anywhere to be seen.Not getting in the way😆😆

For all the back and forth, at the end of the day Walker, Wighton, Mitchell, and Gray are all better suited to 6 than 7. Which is a shame.

Embarrassment of riches in the backline suddenly if you could find a reasonably priced competent solution at 7.

Back