• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Latrell Mitchell

I’m glad it’s Riccio and not JD talking up Latrell to centre.

Surely they don’t park that much of our skill outwide (Wighton AND Latrell), and that’s ignoring they both play left.

Your first choice 7 is injured long term. Your back up is looking every bit a back up (solid, but less than inspiring in the physical parts of the game).

Pull the trigger and play Cody at 7 when Latrell returns.

I’m glad it’s Riccio and not JD talking up Latrell to centre.

Surely they don’t park that much of our skill outwide (Wighton AND Latrell), and that’s ignoring they both play left.

Your first choice 7 is injured long term. Your back up is looking every bit a back up (solid, but less than inspiring in the physical parts of the game).

Pull the trigger and play Cody at 7 when Latrell returns.
💯

Everyone keeps saying "Move Latrell to Centre"

but if we do, who plays left and right centre? Someone has to move from their dominant left side between him and Wighton.

Also - is this a long term strategy? What happens when Stretch eventually comes back?

Everyone keeps saying "Move Latrell to Centre"

but if we do, who plays left and right centre? Someone has to move from their dominant left side between him and Wighton.

Also - is this a long term strategy? What happens when Stretch eventually comes back?
Latrell has been playing bith aides as fullback so for me he moves. Saying that woghton has been 58 and played both too.

If you're moving Latrell it should be to 5/8. We then move Cody to 7 and you have two ball players on either side of the ruck. If Cody continues to play like a blocked up harmonica he should be dropped back to reggies. Latrell could assume our long and short kicking game as well and he'd probably be as good as anyone else we've tried there.

God if we move Latrell to centre I don’t think I’ll be able handle the comments about how “he spent all game sleeping out wide” and how we didn’t use him enough and blah blah blah. And likely it’ll be those who wanted him moved from fullback complaining about him as a centre.

Fullback or 5/8 for mine.

As of right now, 3 of Gray, Walker, Wighton and Mitchell NEED to be in the spine moving forward.

The easiest way to accomplish that is to shift Cody to 7.

Given how our season is going, when Latrell returns is the PERFECT time to assess that experiment.

Maybe it will be a complete bust, but you 100% can’t go into next year wondering if you should maybe try Cody at 7.

Our failure has presented an opportunity.

Of course you can always default back to Ilias next year and have the most expensive centre pairing in the game, and shift Graham to the wing. That’s not crazy if it works for you.

But with Ilias out long term, you HAVE to take a look at Cody the 7 in a couple of weeks when Latrell is back.

My preference is for Mitchell at 6, but if it’s Wighton, or they interchange, so be it.

I realise Gray is the other ace up your sleeve to move to 7. For starters he looks more a 6, and secondly, let him find his feet in grade before bringing him into the front line.

For me, the Gray to the halves is something you look at AFTER you try Cody at 7.

Play Hawkins on the bench if you’re that worried about needing to cover for a flop.

If neither Walker or Gray are a fit, you know what you have with Ilias and you can either plan to bring in another 7, or stick with Lachie.

It’s not rocket science.

I don't know why we are continuing to say Walker is a shoe-in to keep his spot and turn this around. Snd even moreso to play next year.
He is playing worse than a busted and has been hanging onto his spot by the skin of his teeth
he's lucky there's no current real option to replace him without changing the whole team around.

Still don't think he'll make it into next season

As of right now, 3 of Gray, Walker, Wighton and Mitchell NEED to be in the spine moving forward.

The easiest way to accomplish that is to shift Cody to 7.

Given how our season is going, when Latrell returns is the PERFECT time to assess that experiment.

Maybe it will be a complete bust, but you 100% can’t go into next year wondering if you should maybe try Cody at 7.

Our failure has presented an opportunity.

Of course you can always default back to Ilias next year and have the most expensive centre pairing in the game, and shift Graham to the wing. That’s not crazy if it works for you.

But with Ilias out long term, you HAVE to take a look at Cody the 7 in a couple of weeks when Latrell is back.

My preference is for Mitchell at 6, but if it’s Wighton, or they interchange, so be it.

I realise Gray is the other ace up your sleeve to move to 7. For starters he looks more a 6, and secondly, let him find his feet in grade before bringing him into the front line.

For me, the Gray to the halves is something you look at AFTER you try Cody at 7.

Play Hawkins on the bench if you’re that worried about needing to cover for a flop.

If neither Walker or Gray are a fit, you know what you have with Ilias and you can either plan to bring in another 7, or stick with Lachie.

It’s not rocket science.
I doubt Illias will be with us long if he's playing reggies . Anasta has already come out swinging at our admin. He'll be busting a gut to get Lachie out of here.

I doubt Illias will be with us long if he's playing reggies . Anasta has already come out swinging at our admin. He'll be busting a gut to get Lachie out of here.
I had a feeling that Ilias was going to be called back up had he not been injured. Just the way JD answered the question about Hawkins in the lead up to the Warriors game.

Much will be determined on what happens with Jye Gray and Latrell Mitchell. I don’t see a world where Dean Hawkins is a realistic option.

With a new coach all but certain for next season they could go a totally different way.

If Cody goes to 7 and Latrell to 6 then we still have the question of who plays on the right?

Both are left side dominant so one would have to move.

Back