• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Latrell Mitchell

If Cody goes to 7 and Latrell to 6 then we still have the question of who plays on the right?

Both are left side dominant so one would have to move.
I mean, probably Cody. Keep Trell and Wighton on the left as a pair.

Jye Gray can play some right side first and second receiver from the back too.

I doubt Illias will be with us long if he's playing reggies . Anasta has already come out swinging at our admin. He'll be busting a gut to get Lachie out of here.
If Anasta is going to do this every time the club does something he does not like, see you later ilias.

I will say, I think the ‘Latrell form’ stuff has jumped the shark. Yes he had the expletive interview and the 2 bone head moments the other week (a cry for help), but beyond that, he hasn’t been THAT bad in a side that has been terrible.

Some of the pundits are making out like he was playing like a reserve grader.

I get he wasn’t terrific, but I think we’ve tipped too far in calling a spade a spade.

I mean, probably Cody. Keep Trell and Wighton on the left as a pair.

Jye Gray can play some right side first and second receiver from the back too.
Yeah i agree, Cody could move.
He is out of form that badly that it shouldnt matter.

Would be interested to see who took on the main kicking role if Cody was 7 and playing on the right.

Maybe Latrell or Jack?

Surely they don’t park that much of our skill outwide (Wighton AND Latrell), and that’s ignoring they both play left.

I don’t see Latrell that way. Often he pops up on the right side. I reckon he’ll slot into right centre easily but the balls in Grays court

I will say, I think the ‘Latrell form’ stuff has jumped the shark. Yes he had the expletive interview and the 2 bone head moments the other week (a cry for help), but beyond that, he hasn’t been THAT bad in a side that has been terrible.

I get he wasn’t terrific, but I think we’ve tipped too far in calling a spade a spade.

In the Rd 1 and 2 Pride 321 Player awards, Trell received votes, he was playing okay, not great but was still setting up tries and making tackle busts.

If anyone should be dropped on form it's Walker, but you're not really allowed to suggest that.

Yeah i agree, Cody could move.
He is out of form that badly that it shouldnt matter.

Would be interested to see who took on the main kicking role if Cody was 7 and playing on the right.

Maybe Latrell or Jack?
Trell has a big boot on him. I’d imagine a heap of the clearing kicks would come from him.

Latrell still leads the entire NRL for linebreak assists in 2024.

Latrell still leads the entire NRL for linebreak assists in 2024.
Which is why it would be silly to limit him to playing centre.

5/8 allows Mitchell to link with Cody just as they do now. Murray plays first receiver for most of the set plays anyway. Doesn’t have to do the running that is required of a fullback. I think he could be truly great in the position.

Imagine if Latrell was a professional athlete, and had the fitness and desire to play fullback. And imagine if Gray could play in the halves (like Hughes shifted from fullback to 7 for Storm). Then we’d just have to find positions and structure for Cody, Stretch, Jack, Munro and AJ (or maybe even a rugby recruit).

But then we’d still need an NRL coach (any of those off contract in 25?), edge forward, and alpha middle.

Sigh…

He is his manager though. it is really no big deal
Well it sort of is when he is in the media and makes it quite obvious he is pissed. He acts like ilias is Thurston and it's a shock he was dropped.

Well it sort of is when he is in the media and makes it quite obvious he is pissed. He acts like ilias is Thurston and it's a shock he was dropped.
Yeh, managers generally keep out it. They usually get the parasites in the media to do that . Anasta is a newbie to the role and is probably a slow learner as well.He'll want to make an adjustment soon or clubs will think twice about signing his players.

Back