• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Latrell Mitchell

Latrell may be a very good 58 but at the moment we need a centre.

The way I see it, Latrell will transition to being our next five-eight.

Jye will stay at full-back for our next two games at least. As the season progresses and all hope of making the eight disappears, we will start preparing for next season. Depending on injury, Latrell may be the 6 or the 1 - it could turn out that Jye has a few games off the bench.

My prediction is Jye will be the full-back until Walker departs. Jye and Latrell will then be our halves. Wighton will stay in the centres.

The issue long-term is who will be the full-back.

Happy with Trell at 1 or 6, but not centre, waste of money and talent.

The way I see it, Latrell will transition to being our next five-eight.

Jye will stay at full-back for our next two games at least. As the season progresses and all hope of making the eight disappears, we will start preparing for next season. Depending on injury, Latrell may be the 6 or the 1 - it could turn out that Jye has a few games off the bench.

My prediction is Jye will be the full-back until Walker departs. Jye and Latrell will then be our halves. Wighton will stay in the centres.

The issue long-term is who will be the full-back.
Throw some coin at Kayal Iro. He's a future superstar and he's off contract at the end of the year, but we'd need to offload someone.

I know we look threadbare at the moment, but when they're all fully fit, we have Latrell, Gray, AJ, Graham, Wighton, Ty Ty, Cody, Illias to fit in the backline, with Tass, Milne, Mellars, Thompson, Kenar, Gagai, Hawkins and others as backups. We'd have to shed a few if Caleb Clarke joins the list and we got Iro.

Throw some coin at Kayal Iro. He's a future superstar and he's off contract at the end of the year, but we'd need to offload someone.

I know we look threadbare at the moment, but when they're all fully fit, we have Latrell, Gray, AJ, Graham, Wighton, Ty Ty, Cody, Illias to fit in the backline, with Tass, Milne, Mellars, Thompson, Kenar, Gagai, Hawkins and others as backups. We'd have to shed a few if Caleb Clarke joins the list and we got Iro.
I don't expect Tass, Kennar and Thompson to be here next year. Milne can stay as a depth back-rower.

I see It this way…. Latrell when he’s on can be very very good however since mid last year he hasn’t performed in the way the team needed him to be. His approach from catching a bomb and then casually running into the line softly shows the world he doesn’t want to be tackled hard. It’s disappointing as a south’s fan to see your hardest player taking the soft approach. This has been ongoing since then, and the question should’ve been asked then …’why’and what could’ve been done about it. Sam tried to address it then, however the approach then was to continue on with embracing Latrell instead of a hard talk and address where his heads at.

This and other things such as the swearing and him getting sent to the bin in other games makes the other players feel a lack of worth.
it’s like you work hard all day doing your part only for the person getting all the accolades making mistake after mistake. No matter how good a player you maybe it’s definitely going to get you in the end.

They’re also told not to criticise Latrell to the media, which they shouldn’t however we all know how a player may feel on the inside. That’s another reason why we had a decent game against the sharks even though we lost. If Latrell comes back into 5/8 or a centre he will st be able to do what he’s always done - set up and score trys. . We can become a very good team if the positional change is made.

the question is will Latrell readily accept a different position?

Let's worry about thay whenever Campbell gets back. Him on the Wing wouldn't be a bad option. By that stage our halves may look very different.
Graham has played wing for Australia and certainly wouldn’t be out of place there. His height is an advantage contesting high balls.

Graham has played wing for Australia and certainly wouldn’t be out of place there. His height is an advantage contesting high balls.

True, Gaz. Maybe he be eased back in on the wing instead of Taane and Tass stays right centre for a little longer

yes we need a centre.
But at present we really don’t have a half and we sure as shit don’t have a 5/8.
It’s not my preference but surely Trell has to have a run at 5/8 while Cody shakes hands with Joe O and, from that, we get to see how hungry (or not) Cody is to continue

As I said recently, I just can’t see Cody playing on next year

The media have finally caught on and noticed Trell isn't a fullback and glad they're getting more vocal on it.

He doesn't fit the current mold of dominate fullbacks, the old excuse he isn't that type of fullback should no longer be accepted or used as an excuse anymore.

Rumour was trell would have played centre against the sharks, not sure how true it is but it's something that needs to happen if Gray can perform.

I would be happy to see Trell play at 6 as well with cody being dropped all together, cody's been our worse player this season and shouldn't be in the side.

The media have finally caught on and noticed Trell isn't a fullback and glad they're getting more vocal on it.

He doesn't fit the current mold of dominate fullbacks, the old excuse he isn't that type of fullback should no longer be accepted or used as an excuse anymore.

Rumour was trell would have played centre against the sharks, not sure how true it is but it's something that needs to happen if Gray can perform.

I would be happy to see Trell play at 6 as well with cody being dropped all together, cody's been our worse player this season and shouldn't be in the side.
Trell to 6, Jye to 7 - Cody on the bench initially. Munro would make a great fullback.
What is our club’s preoccupation with changing genuine smallish halfback/five eighths into fullbacks?

First Taaffe and now Gray. Jye and Trell need the ball in their hands in close.

Tyrone would kill it at the back.

Trell to 6, Jye to 7 - Cody on the bench initially. Munro would make a great fullback.
What is our club’s preoccupation with changing genuine smallish halfback/five eighths into fullbacks?

Fullback lets Gray get first grade experience and confidence without putting him in the line. I'm all for him being fullback and letting him develop safely without turning into a sandow turns dial situation.

For next season.

1.Gray
2.Aj or Mellers
3.Wighton
4.Graham
5.Munro
6.Trell
7. Look on the market for a seven

Or

1.Gray
2.Graham
3.Wighton
4.Trell
5.Munro
6. Look on the market
7. Look on the market.

Try and offload both cody and cook to free up coin.

I’ve decided I want Trell out of fullback but question is if Souths will have the guts to do it. Jye energy on kick returns the other night was fantastic. And he got involved on the edges he brought real enthusiasm Jye. And I feel we need to keep blooding Jye.

I’ve decided I want Trell out of fullback but question is if Souths will have the guts to do it. Jye energy on kick returns the other night was fantastic. And he got involved on the edges he brought real enthusiasm Jye. And I feel we need to keep blooding Jye.

172 metres from 15 runs, without a line break.

7 tackle breaks.

We still got another 2 weeks at a minimum with Jye at fullback, if he can build on that performance then it would silly to take it off him

Back