• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Yet we haven’t in the last 10 years

How does Dom knocking back $500k at the Knights suddenly inflate to $650k?

These two points illustrate a clear fundamental lack of understanding of what the modern wingers role is.

No one would question signing Payne Haas for $850-900k pa.

Yet he’s averaging 155 run meters per game, an outstanding tackle efficiency of 99% for two tries

Meanwhile Dom Young is averaging 157 run meters, tackle efficiency of 84% for 10 tries and 3 assists

And props now play off the back 3-5s platform

As for Aj, he’s averaging 103 run meters, tackle efficiency of 77% for 4 tries and 1 assist

So Dom looks like a bargain at $550k
Newcastle offered $500k which was his lowest offer - I suppose you can debate whether he is getting $550 or $650 but either it’s over paid.

So what Jacob Kiraz has run for an average of 193m - big whoop. You want to go offer him $600k?

Newcastle offered $500k which was his lowest offer - I suppose you can debate whether he is getting $550 or $650 but either it’s over paid.

So what Jacob Kiraz has run for an average of 193m - big whoop. You want to go offer him $600k?

For those enamoured with celebrity or the occasional highlight reel, they’d love what Young offers.

Anyone who watches him sees his gross errors and missed tackles that totally eliminate any tries he scores that aren’t laid on for him.
yes, he’s a step up on Thommo & Milne but geez he’d be torn apart in here, as they are, for his F.. ups

Now I’ve said that, we better rush off and back him for MOM in the next game😆

It’s all speculation, but DT would have you believe the best 5 wingers in the game are on high 600’s. When you get down to those ranked 11-20, it’s more like $300-450k.

That would mean that paying Dom Young $550k is likely above market value (unless you think he’s in the top 8 or so wingers in the game).

Teams that pay too many players above their market value, struggle to remain competitive.

It’s all speculation, but DT would have you believe the best 5 wingers in the game are on high 600’s. When you get down to those ranked 11-20, it’s more like $300-450k.

That would mean that paying Dom Young $550k is likely above market value (unless you think he’s in the top 8 or so wingers in the game).

Teams that pay too many players above their market value, struggle to remain competitive.
Exactly - I want to see us go out and sign a Nick Meaney type of player - reliable and adaptable and in the right price bracket

Exactly - I want to see us go out and sign a Nick Meaney type of player - reliable and adaptable and in the right price bracket
Or get a Dom Young, but get him on the deal the Knights had him on originally. Not the one we assume the Roosters paid. That’s where the value is.

Unless you pay them more in brown paper bags and your rich Uncle Nick cannot win a golf game to save his life!

How much would Caleb Clarke be worth?
From what I could gather there are 2 components to the salary, the contract with his club and the other is earnings with the All Blacks. The AB figure being around 250k. The club figure isn’t published but they don’t have a long season so I would be surprised if it was anywhere near an average NRL contract. The big money in RU is in Europe and Japan. This would be more of a lure to top liners.

Latest posts

Back