• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Well you are not getting To’o for $500k so there’s that.
You can win a comp with guys like AJ on the wing - you don’t need Dom Young’s for $650k to win a comp
I wouldn't pay 650k for Young either, but then we still need another AJ on the right edge. We cannot win a comp with such a glaring weakness as we have had on our right edge the last few years and longer. We need a high flying, fast winger to play outside CG next year. Someone who can outstrip the opposition for pace and provide a kick target for Latrell and Cody. I am hopeful that Munroe can fill the spot, or a long shot, Caleb Clarke on the left and AJ on the right. This is really our only vulnerable spot. 650k is ok to pay if it fixes this. I don't want to wait another 43 years for a premiership. 10 years is long enough.

I wouldn't pay 650k for Young either, but then we still need another AJ on the right edge. We cannot win a comp with such a glaring weakness as we have had on our right edge the last few years and longer. We need a high flying, fast winger to play outside CG next year. Someone who can outstrip the opposition for pace and provide a kick target for Latrell and Cody. I am hopeful that Munroe can fill the spot, or a long shot, Caleb Clarke on the left and AJ on the right. This is really our only vulnerable spot. 650k is ok to pay if it fixes this. I don't want to wait another 43 years for a premiership. 10 years is long enough.
At this point I haven’t seen any confirmation that Caleb Clarke has extended his contract with the Auckland Blues. It was 12 months ago almost to the day that he added the 2024 season to his term over in NZ.
He‘s about to start his All Black commitments which run through to November so as far as 2025 is concerned it’s still a possibility he could make the switch.
Time will tell.

This is the right call from the club.

I don't rate Hawkins at all.

Not providing a free career for goofs is always a great call.

If only we didn't have to embarrassingly pretend Mamo isn't also in Hawkins' company. The plain jane, too small, unathletic speedbump who can't put points on the board category.

Ah well, 2025 with no good hooker at the club lets ogeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I love predicting when fringe players aren't good enough 24 months before the club finally agrees and we've wasted more prime years of our gun players! (!!!)

Jaxson Paulo Blake Taaffe Corey Allan Dean Hawkins chooo chooooo, next stop on the prediction train! Who could it be!?

If only we didn't have to embarrassingly pretend Mamo isn't also in Hawkins' company. The plain jane, too small, unathletic speedbump who can't put points on the board category.

Ah well, 2025 with no good hooker at the club lets ogeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I think Wayne may share your opinion re Mamo with the news that we’re pursuing that young hooker/halfback from Manly. That looks like a strategic move where we have another potential successor to Cook. With the 2 hooker rotation in mind we will need 2 strong candidates and right now it’s likely to come from 2 of either Mamo, Ilias or Humphries.

Keep bringing up the past mate. Others have moved on.

Yes I praise the club all the time when they are winning. The club is in my blood mate so never question that.

I only come on here to talk about the issues with the club eg recruitment. I praise them on other outlets. So don’t you worry about that.

But keep living in the past seems like that’s the only thing you got as a reply is the Ethan O’Neill comment I made last year.
Ohhh Saggy, you rarely fail to deliver.
Welcome back 😂

Hey guys its no secret we have the slowest backline in the comp.
Imo Hayze Perham would be a decent pick up
Only 24 years old fast and has some skill also can play a number of spots in the backline.
would'nt cost the earth and offers more than some of our guys who are just slow

Why would you want another AJ, the current one is putrid

I love predicting when fringe players aren't good enough 24 months before the club finally agrees and we've wasted more prime years of our gun players! (!!!)

Jaxson Paulo Blake Taaffe Corey Allan Dean Hawkins chooo chooooo, next stop on the prediction train! Who could it be!?
Your logic is flawed. Fringe first graders by definition are not good enough which is why they are called fringe.
The guys you listed as moving on is because they are a fringe - fringe players come for an opportunity and they either displace a current first grader or get moved on. The reality is 90% of fringe players get moved on at every club so your “prediction” is hardly anything special.
I would be more impressed if you could predict a player who is has not played FG yet who is going to become an established FG player…..go for it…..?

Well you are not getting To’o for $500k so there’s that.
You can win a comp with guys like AJ on the wing -
Yet we haven’t in the last 10 years
you don’t need Dom Young’s for $650k to win a comp
How does Dom knocking back $500k at the Knights suddenly inflate to $650k?

These two points illustrate a clear fundamental lack of understanding of what the modern wingers role is.

No one would question signing Payne Haas for $850-900k pa.

Yet he’s averaging 155 run meters per game, an outstanding tackle efficiency of 99% for two tries

Meanwhile Dom Young is averaging 157 run meters, tackle efficiency of 84% for 10 tries and 3 assists

And props now play off the back 3-5s platform

As for Aj, he’s averaging 103 run meters, tackle efficiency of 77% for 4 tries and 1 assist

So Dom looks like a bargain at $550k

Latest posts

Back