• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Now that he’s figured out he can’t box he may realise he needs cash to support his family.
if he doesn’t realise his missus will
Yes when the $$$ stops flowing in the misses is the first to notice. Wasn't it Darius Boyd's wife a few years ago who stated that Darius was NOT retiring yet. Of possible forwards TPJ would be a good addition on the right money. He is hot and cold but he can mix it with the NRLs biggest forwards.

TPJ is one week up, 4 weeks down. Do people pay attention?

EDIT - sorry to be narky, but gees I spent hours reading how TPJ is the bees knees and AJ is shit. Does consistency not matter anymore?

Reality should have been.

TPJ gets called for his knock on, we get a set of 6 attacking their line and score and we up either 4 or 6 to 0

“To be honest, I just hated Sydney. I didn’t enjoy the city,” he said.

“There’s a reason my parents moved out of Sydney when I was 12. The place sucks. I will never move back.

“My big thing was being in Brisbane. People don’t understand how much I love being back home with my wife’s family and being able to work with my (boxing) trainer in Brisbane.

- Tevita Pangai Jr

Didn’t he say in a more recent interview something about Wayne looking after him and suggesting he would be open to playing with us?

it was mentioned last week but we are one of many looking at Pole from wests. Marshall now talking him up as mentioned on Fox.
I like hm, better than Stefano U

Last edited:
Firstly It’s nothing personal just my opinion secondly please find where I said Aj was shit last night?

Others are just starting to notice now Cody isn’t serving up tries for him

He had his best finish in 5 years last night, so I’d like to retract my previous statement from ‘ He never scores with anyone in front of him’ to ‘ he only scores once every 5 years if there’s a defender in front of him’

A top class finisher would have bagged another two tries on the left last night.

As for Aj’s supposed sublime timing, Gagai’s had 9 games on the right this year has a strike rate of 100% and his timing doesn’t look any different to Aj’s.

It’s like they must practice it at training or something
Imagine if he was a top class finisher,how many would he have to go with 193 he has now

Pole would be an awesome get.

Utoikamanu is overrated as hell and stinking it up as we speak

I said he will end up at storm from the start and he might go well under Bellemy.

But some of the big money offers for this guy are crazy

Siua Taukeiaho, Jayden Nikorima and Damel Diakhate sacked by Catalans

This is what I’m most worried about.

Until I actually hear Wayne Bennett say ‘Dodd was my call’, I’ll assume this was a signing made at a very very down moment for the club (likely the low point of the last decade), which it’s not impossible to think was a reaction as opposed to a plan.
Someone identified that for 2025 we need a top quality affordable 7. The dates are what I could find.
JD sacked May 1st.
Dodd signed May 5th.
WB signed May 21st.
My opinion.
Unlikely that JD would be looking to sign players leading up to his sacking. Discussion with WB would have begun well before JD was sacked. WB was a key figure in Lewis Dodds signing. You can work it out and see what you think is probable.

Someone identified that for 2025 we need a top quality affordable 7. The dates are what I could find.
JD sacked May 1st.
Dodd signed May 5th.
WB signed May 21st.
My opinion.
Unlikely that JD would be looking to sign players leading up to his sacking. Discussion with WB would have begun well before JD was sacked. WB was a key figure in Lewis Dodds signing. You can work it out and see what you think is probable.
I don’t think that math says all that much definitively. If you want to infer that, then sure, it’s a reasonable assumption.

But at the time he signed, Solly, Ello and the old COO were on the recruitment panel and even if JD didn’t have a lot of sway, they were capable of pulling this trigger themselves. Maybe Wayne was advised, maybe he gave it a blessing, maybe it was his idea. It’s all speculation.

My initial comment stands. When I hear Wayne make an off hand comment that he wanted him here, I’ll feel better about the signing.

200k per year?

If the club rate him as being the 11th or so best 7 in the comp, $600k is market price.

NRL untested, sure. But he’s won a super league comp, and they have wraps on him obviously.

600k was mentioned at the time and TBF, that sounds like the right amount to relocate him and if they think he’s going to be, at worst, a middle of the table 7. If he pushes up close to top 8 then it’s unders.

Latest posts

Back