• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

10th Anniversary of #21

bunnytragic

Reaction score
Sunday 5th October 2014 - South Sydney Rabbitohs 30 defeated Canterbury-Bankstown 6 at Stadium Australia, Homebush NSW.
The 43 year drought was broken...

After a shit 2024 season, lets stop to commemorate that fateful day and hope that we can return to the scene of the crime next season!

Glory, glory

After 1971 GF over STG, my 4th as a supporter, I thought it would always be like that, even after losing Ron Coote and John O'Neil. Didn't think I would have to wait until the next millennium. After the let down of 1989 to the spoon the following year it could not get worse. Yes it can! 1999, Wrongfully kicked out of the comp. Coming back from that history made the 2014 season culminating in the Premiership the best for me. We were one of the top sides and when Luke Keary came in to partner Reyolds in the halves and John Sutton going to left edge, toward the back end of the season, we then had an unstopable attack. We were in total control of the finals against Manly, Roosters then the GF against the Dogs. I hope we don't have to do this 10 year thread again.

2010-2016 saw 7 unique premiers in 7 years (Dragons, Sea Eagles, Storm, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Cowboys, Sharks).

In the 8 years since (2017-2024) it's only been the Storm, Roosters or Panthers.

Unless we find a way into that top echelon these nights will likely be once a generation.

'Twas an amazing night though, wasn't it?

It was a magnificent side as well; mixture of seasoned heads and up and coming fearless young bucks.
Our completion rate and defence that night was outstanding.
I was at the 1971 GF with my uncle and at the 2014 GF with my son.
Blessed to have been able to witness history....the end of one Golden era and then the belated Redemption in 2014.
Just need to recapture that same combination and do it consistently.
What a shame we couldn't bottle the emotion of that night and the following day at Redfern.
Glory glory

Can’t believe it’s now 10 years that was probs close to the best night of my life! A night I’ll never forget ever.

One of the best nights of my life easily. I don't think I've ever cried tears of joy like that.

It was simply perfect. Meant to be.

2010-2016 saw 7 unique premiers in 7 years (Dragons, Sea Eagles, Storm, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Cowboys, Sharks).

In the 8 years since (2017-2024) it's only been the Storm, Roosters or Panthers.

Unless we find a way into that top echelon these nights will likely be once a generation.

'Twas an amazing night though, wasn't it?
Its really quite depressing when you look at it like that.

I would hate for the NRL to end up like the EPL where the same rich clubs win it or contend each and every year.

I remember taking my oldest son (now 15) to the game (my 2nd son was too young to come).

I can't believe we had another Grand Final in 2021!

My biggest concern is that there is no variety of teams winning the Grand Final since 2016....

It will take Wayne about 3 years for Souths to get to a Grand Final

I remember taking my oldest son (now 15) to the game (my 2nd son was too young to come).

I can't believe we had another Grand Final in 2021!

My biggest concern is that there is no variety of teams winning the Grand Final since 2016....

It will take Wayne about 3 years for Souths to get to a Grand Final
You’re not wrong mate in that the build up to this years GF tomorrow has felt a bit more flat.

Remember how hot it was that day, but nothing was going to stop us winning that GF. A very tense first half until we blew them away late.
My 10 year old was only 5 months at the time, still remember crying while holding him as full-time came. Take me back 😭😭

Latest posts

Back