• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Did my high school and young adult years around the Hawkesbury (near Wisemans Ferry). It was actually a great area to live. The only thing lacking was the ocean of course, but the bush was magic. Blue mountains are also spectacular.

I think you could be right there.

What made it worse with Sam was, from memory, he was "technically" still under contract with us when he wanted to come back
He was willing to come back for the original $500,000 a season or thereabouts, yet somehow spending a year away from rugby league, failing at rugby union and wanting to come back, makes your notional value higher.

It was a real head scratcher that I truly feel a certain other club would never have ever have had to go through.

Bondi beach is sensational. Anyone who doesn't think so hasn't been there. There is a reason why people come half way around the world to see and experience it.

Bondi beach is sensational. Anyone who doesn't think so hasn't been there. There is a reason why people come half way around the world to see and experience it.
Bondi has been horrible for 30 years. The reason people come from around the world to see it is the same reason people travel to see Waikiki beach... They read the glossy tourist brochures or see the ad's and don't actually do any research. I'd bet most people that come to see both beaches leave horribly disappointed.

In both cases, if you jump in a car and drive either way along the cost you'll find much better beaches within 20 minutes

correct©
cringe every time im there.
I'm not a big fan of Bondi to be clear.

I've been training for an ocean swim there every Saturday since December (have completed one and training for another).

It's better than it used to be, although still a bit divey.

Possibly damning with faint praise.

Bondi has been horrible for 30 years. The reason people come from around the world to see it is the same reason people travel to see Waikiki beach... They read the glossy tourist brochures or see the ad's and don't actually do any research. I'd bet most people that come to see both beaches leave horribly disappointed.

In both cases, if you jump in a car and drive either way along the cost you'll find much better beaches within 20 minutes
correct©

Yeah. That is why those dumb people pay $10,000,000 to have a unit with a view of it. So many dumb multi millionaires. I didn't used to be a big fan of it but I have appreciated it much more as I have aged. Sure parking is difficult and there are a lot of posers but the actual beach is quite stunning. Wide with plenty of sand and good facilities. Great for swimming or surfing.
And as far as Waikiki goes I think it is tremendous as well. One of the longest rides you can get on a surfboard yet mostly calm and great for kids.

“So many dumb multi millionaires.”
Without a doubt.

There aren’t many beaches I’d rate below Bondi. Surrounded by concrete and way overdeveloped. Sydney has amazing beaches. Bondi is definitely not one of them.

Patrick Herbert anyone? Is coming of a knee recon and still 6 or so weeks away but would come cheap, is experienced and is one of those brutal outside defenders that make ball players take a peek.

We could do with some experienced depth out wide just in case.

Opinions?

Patrick Herbert anyone? Is coming of a knee recon and still 6 or so weeks away but would come cheap, is experienced and is one of those brutal outside defenders that make ball players take a peek.

We could do with some experienced depth out wide just in case.

Opinions?
Released on compassionate grounds. Wouldn't that be because he wants to return to NZ?

Released on compassionate grounds. Wouldn't that be because he wants to return to NZ?
They haven't said. Quite possibly but we need to wait and see. It may well be that he realises his chances of breaking into the team once fit are well down since they've purchased Aaron Schoup who has been going really well so far.

Latest posts

Back