• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Like it or not, the Rooster brand does have a pedigree value amongst players.

Listen to Knight talk about signing with them from Manly in that Face To Face interview. He was with ‘the Roosters’, ‘wow, how did I get here?’ Then talks about getting booted to ‘the Raiders’, ‘bugger, how did a I get here?’

Again, like it or not, they have a currency beyond money with the players.

It’s not dissimilar to our pull with Indigenous players. You don’t think the Tigers are dirty that we have Latrell taking unders to play with us?

Last edited:

Listen to Knight talk about singing with them from Manly in that Face To Face interview. He was with ‘the Roosters’, ‘wow, how did I get here?’ Then talks about getting booted to ‘the Raiders’, ‘bugger, how did a I get here?’

It’s not dissimilar to our pull with Indigenous players. You don’t think the Tigers are dirty that we have Latrell taking unders to play with us?
Stop talking facts and logic, someone is sure to tell you to go to the Chookpen and support the Roosters.

There is definitely value in signing with a strong team that has a good system in place. Look at poor old Api Koroisau this year. On his form for the Panthers he's probably the NSW hooker this year ahead of Cook. After watching him play for the Tigers however, he looks like a chump. He's not doing anything different to last year but the quality of cattle around him is desperately lacking.

I also got the impression that Liam didn’t fully grasp that Robbo treated him cursorily when he pulled the chain and flushed him. It seems it came out of the blue with Robbo saying flatly that he didn’t trust him…

Listen to Knight talk about singing with them from Manly in that Face To Face interview. He was with ‘the Roosters’, ‘wow, how did I get here?’ Then talks about getting booted to ‘the Raiders’, ‘bugger, how did a I get here?’

For players going from lesser teams, yes.

For someone like Spencer Leniu, reading from script calling the Roosters the "pinnacle" of the NRL, when he's going from the back-to-back premiers, threepeat grand finalists and statistically the best side since the 90s... that's what you laugh at.

Then there's stuff like Brandon Smith talking on podcasts saying the Roosters "look after you" in terms of post-career opportunities (the very thing the Tigers got pinged for with Robbie Farah...because they were dumb enough to put it in writing).

If you think that ahhh "creative accounting" doesn't go on in the NRL, I've got a bridge to sell you.

I have read endlessly on this forum that Moses is close to useless, over rated and over paid.

So why does anyone care if he goes to the Roosters? Wouldn't that be a good thing?

For players going from lesser teams, yes.

For someone like Spencer Leniu, reading from script calling the Roosters the "pinnacle" of the NRL, when he's going from the back-to-back premiers, threepeat grand finalists and statistically the best side since the 90s... that's what you laugh at.

Then there's stuff like Brandon Smith talking on podcasts saying the Roosters "look after you" in terms of post-career opportunities (the very thing the Tigers got pinged for with Robbie Farah...because they were dumb enough to put it in writing).

If you think that ahhh "creative accounting" doesn't go on in the NRL, I've got a bridge to sell you.
You’re 20-odd, do you want to live in Penrith or Bondi?

💯

Notional value rule applies to every club except for….. you guessed it.

Before anyone starts telling me to get out the tin foil hat, this is the same club who signed a bloke on $5m a season for only $90k. Same club who were able to just get rid of a contracted player (to free up a spot in top 30) in order to do so.

Anyone have a look at the judiciary results from last night? Kafusi got 4 weeks for a very similar tackle to the second comings aka Suallii. What did he get? Nothing.

So sick of the blatant double standards when it comes to that shit stain of a club. SHF. **** the Roosters!
No one can have a dig at you for those comments. It seems to be getting even worse. Corruption at its finest

I wouldn't want to live at Penrith but Bondi is an overcrowded dump imo, hate going to the place.
The Blue Mountains are part of the Penrith catchment, as are Windsor, Richmond and the surrounding farming lands. I lived on a very nice secluded acreage in the Blue Mountains for 35 years - 20 minutes from Penrith Park. It was a great place to live. I'd much prefer it to the 'overcrowded dump'; that is Bondi.

Back