• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Interesting.......

Nice little stat for those who think those who have done well dont pay their fair share of tax, turns out the top 1% of earners pay 20% of the total tax take by earners.
######
The share of tax paid by Australia’s highest earners is at its highest level in at least a decade, with new data showing the top 1 per cent contributed nearly a fifth of personal income tax revenue in 2020-21.

Figures released by the Australian Taxation Office on Thursday showed the average individual tax bill for the top 1 per cent of earners was $317,090 in the period, up by more than $47,000 from a year earlier, according to analysis by The Australian Financial Review.
The release of the figures came as the latest national accounts showed personal income taxes were eating up a near-record 16 per cent of household earnings, as wage inflation pushes workers into higher tax brackets.
Facing structural budget deficits and growing demands from crossbenchers and the Greens, the Albanese government is resisting calls to scrap or wind back the stage three tax cuts, designed to correct bracket creep.
Australian National University Tax and Transfer Policy Institute director Robert Breunig said while stage three was not perfect, abolishing the changes would be a step in the wrong direction.

T

Nice little stat for those who think those who have done well dont pay their fair share of tax, turns out the top 1% of earners pay 20% of the total tax take by earners.
That stat has no relevance as it does not compare the tax payable to their proportion of the nations income.

The nations total income ie exports,ie minerals, coal, wool, meat, rare earths ect have nothing to do with what i posted, my post referred to PAYG income tax, as i stated the top 1% pay 20% of tax paid by PAYG tax payers..
That stat has no relevance as it does not compare the tax payable to their proportion of the nations income.

The nations total income ie exports,ie minerals, coal, wool, meat, rare earths ect have nothing to do with what i posted, my post referred to PAYG income tax, as i stated the top 1% pay 20% of tax paid by PAYG tax payers..
I don't mean GDP I mean the proportion of income for those who pay personal income tax.

It doesn't change the factuality of what was published in The Australian.
" The share of tax paid by Australia’s highest earners is at its highest level in at least a decade, with new data showing the top 1 per cent contributed nearly a fifth of personal income tax revenue in 2020-21."
I don't mean GDP I mean the proportion of income for those who pay personal income tax.

######
The share of tax paid by Australia’s highest earners is at its highest level in at least a decade, with new data showing the top 1 per cent contributed nearly a fifth of personal income tax revenue in 2020-21.

Figures released by the Australian Taxation Office on Thursday showed the average individual tax bill for the top 1 per cent of earners was $317,090 in the period, up by more than $47,000 from a year earlier, according to analysis by The Australian Financial Review.
The release of the figures came as the latest national accounts showed personal income taxes were eating up a near-record 16 per cent of household earnings, as wage inflation pushes workers into higher tax brackets.
Facing structural budget deficits and growing demands from crossbenchers and the Greens, the Albanese government is resisting calls to scrap or wind back the stage three tax cuts, designed to correct bracket creep.
Australian National University Tax and Transfer Policy Institute director Robert Breunig said while stage three was not perfect, abolishing the changes would be a step in the wrong direction.

T
Here is one area the Labor (Albanese) government is helping in. Tax paid has increased from the top end and slightly eased at the low end.

There should be a greater share of wealth in Australia. **** the lords and peasants model.

Higher income and consequently better/luxurious living standards for those who put in the hard yards, by all means. You have to have reward for effort. But the gap should not be those with a large number of properties in their portfolios at the top end to homeless at the low end.

Another couple of stats for you.

1% of taxpayers own 25% of properties.

Just 10% of Australian’s, control almost 50% of the nations wealth.

Old Albo owns quite a few himself, ie investment properties..
Here is one area the Labor (Albanese) government is helping in. Tax paid has increased from the top end and slightly eased at the low end.

There should be a greater share of wealth in Australia. **** the lords and peasants model.

Higher income and consequently better/luxurious living standards for those who put in the hard yards, by all means. You have to have reward for effort. But the gap should not be those with a large number of properties in their portfolios at the top end to homeless at the low end.

Another couple of stats for you.

1% of taxpayers own 25% of properties.

Just 10% of Australian’s, control almost 50% of the nations wealth.

Latest posts

Back