• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Guitarists (and general musical conversations)!

I'd rather listen to beautiful music like this than read half the stuff on this forum at present . Eric Clapton and Billy Preston in their absolute prime. Enjoy 😍

I never got into the Grateful Dead when I was younger but have become addicted to them recently after re discovering them. I love Jerry Garcia's approach to guitar playing. Here's a song with the Jerry Garcia Band covering JJ Cale's After Midnight.

I never got into the Grateful Dead when I was younger but have become addicted to them recently after re discovering them. I love Jerry Garcia's approach to guitar playing. Here's a song with the Jerry Garcia Band covering JJ Cale's After Midnight.
When I first heard this on the radio I was sure it was Grateful Dead. Tex Perkins is a fantastic artist that I've seen many times . The Cruel Sea was my favourite band of his ,but really taking a liking to these guys.

I loved the Cruel Sea, and can see why they made you think of the Dead. The Honeymoon is Over is a favourite album of mine. Have you heard any of Tex, Don & Charlie? They did a couple of great country albums, not my genre but they were very good. Don Walker (Cold Chisel) and Charlie Owen (guitar).

I loved the Cruel Sea, and can see why they made you think of the Dead. The Honeymoon is Over is a favourite album of mine. Have you heard any of Tex, Don & Charlie? They did a couple of great country albums, not my genre but they were very good. Don Walker (Cold Chisel) and Charlie Owen (guitar).
Yes . That was great. Wasn't as keen on his band Beasts of Bourbon at first but it to grows on you. I had the pleasure of chatting with Tex over a beer down in Jindabyne hotel before The Cruel Sea played there many years ago. Very likeable and laidback guy.

When I first heard this on the radio I was sure it was Grateful Dead. Tex Perkins is a fantastic artist that I've seen many times . The Cruel Sea was my favourite band of his ,but really taking a liking to these guys.

I was in a band with Danny Rumour from The Cruel Sea for a while, a rockabilly band called The Shakers.

Nice guy, good guitarist.

Closest I got to liking rockabilly was the Stray Cats. I didn't like them at first but saw a concert special on SBS that changed my mind. They were a great 3 piece.

Great show by Tedeschi Trucks Band at the State Theatre last night. Both Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi are great guitarists but even when soloing they never showboat - it is all in service to the song even if that song happens to be 10-12 minutes long. Southern rock, R&B, Soul and Blues. Two guitars, two drummers, horns, back up singers, organ, bass and a guest appearance from Dom Turner of the Backsliders.

Tedeschi Trucks are a great band. Saw them some years ago at Byron Blues. One of the highlights, and I've been a convert since.

Latest posts

Back