• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Guitarists (and general musical conversations)!

I doubt I could. I'm not a great guitarist by any stretch. The closest I got to playing stuff like that was Apache, first song I did in front of an audience. My music career was confined to playing at parties. Fun times though.

In the early 60's when The Beatles went to Hamburg they briefly supported a guy called Tony Sheridan who was more known than they were at the time.

He sang Ain't She Sweet and My Bonnie with them backing him.

They also did a very cool instrumental called Cry For A Shadow, should be available on YouTube I'd guess.

Had all of this stuff on vinyl at one stage but ended up selling them. Still have them on CD's though.

I have most of the Beatles recordings on open reel tape,self imports from the US .Some of the Beatles lesser known songs were superb pieces of genius as well as!

Keith's got a new (old) song out. Any Velvet Underground fans?

Please, this is not a thread to put shit on others musical taste. If you want to bait Mags do it elsewhere. This is one of the few threads in the social lounge that is actually social. I'd love it to stay that way.

oh Nick off I was just having a joke.
Get a life,

You have been following me around for weeks and attributing false statements to me.Thats deliberate trolling,it’s simple pal if you persist I will put you on ignore.No loss!
Get a life Bozo!

Keith's got a new (old) song out. Any Velvet Underground fans?
Holy shit! Thank you for the upload Andyrabbit, I had no idea about this.
Only one of the greatest rock'n'roll songs of all time!!!!
Nothing can touch the original but I love that Keith as an 80 year old would take it on.
And of course, it discusses a situation he would have been very very familiar with some years back.

Holy shit! Thank you for the upload Andyrabbit, I had no idea about this.
Only one of the greatest rock'n'roll songs of all time!!!!
Nothing can touch the original but I love that Keith as an 80 year old would take it on.
And of course, it discusses a situation he would have been very very familiar with some years back.
Glad you enjoyed it. Keith does alright on this classic. Makes it his own without wrecking it.
Yes, he'd be very familiar with that scene. Can't believe he's still alive!

Glad you enjoyed it. Keith does alright on this classic. Makes it his own without wrecking it.
Yes, he'd be very familiar with that scene. Can't believe he's still alive!
In Keith's case the man he was waiting on probably had better quality. He could do an entire album moving on to classics like Needle and the Damage Done, Heroin and That Smell to name a few.

In Keith's case the man he was waiting on probably had better quality. He could do an entire album moving on to classics like Needle and the Damage Done, Heroin and That Smell to name a few.
Haha, you could add Cocaine, Cocaine Blues, Reefer Man, Kaya, Legalise It, I Drink Alone, and One More Cup of Coffee (ok pushing it here).

Latest posts

Back