• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Fan Attendance

I find it embarrassing when the same people who suppose they’re “diehards” who can’t get their arses off the couch & bleat about how we’re “oldest, LOUDEST, proudest” & how we have the best supporters & in the same breath put shit on the chooks, it’s just ignorant & makes Souths supporters look stupid
The only way to actually have bragging rights is if we do make the effort & not just when we’re winning

Allianz is worse though - I remember paying $25 for popcorn chicken for my daughter last time. Crazy.

The best thing about Allianz is if you take your time there’s hundreds of places to get a much cheaper, better feed beforehand
You could get the train, go to Chinatown & get the light rail to the stadium

Yeah, it's Accor's size thats the biggest issue.

I could overlook that somewhat if it had a roof and updated food options. But it strikes
out on all three.

Poor move it seems by the Rabbitohs admin to lock themselves in long term at Homebush when a for-purpose ground was being built in our own backyard. Especially as it’s since come out that they knew there was no roof or upgrade happening when they re-entered into their current deal.

Accor is a bloated second rate facility for regular season games compared to Allianz, CommBank, AAMI, Country Bank, etc.

The food is much better out there now, I don’t know when you were last there, but it’s more like Allianz with different vendors taking up food outlets

There for the Storm game. Meh.

Yeah I avoid it, it’s a bit expensive, El Jennah is decent, I suppose my point was that it’s more varied, it’s got me a bit baffled as to why these food outlets have to charge so much, surely renting a space at the stadium cant be that expensive that they have to extort you? They generally charge a decent price in their other retail outlets around Sydney

So you would prefer we move even further away from our area? One thing I’ll never bag Accor for is its parking or public transport. I’ve never had an issue with either.

The rest of what you have said is the reason we should be moving to Allianz. I would love nothing more than to play at Allianz and go back to the Juniors after the game.

This is from someone who only lives 10-15 minutes away from Accor.
If we’re going to play out of our area, it may as well be at a better stadium with better public transport options.

One rail line that requires a change at Lidcombe from Central for the majority of games is pretty woeful.

The labyrinthian car park has always been a pain for me when I’ve decided to drive.

Granted, on the opposite side of things, this is coming from someone who is 15 minutes from Allianz.

I do feel like at the end of the day though, half our fan base is affected by the above points.

Yeah, I agree with this! I watch the Panthers, Sea Eagles, Sharks, play at these fortresses for home grounds in their area, packed to the rafters and think what a missed opportunity it is that the greatest club in the history of history doesn’t have that! Dogshit St. Merge have got two!!!

If Heffron had been redeveloped into a 20,000 capacity boutique stadium every home game would be AN EVENT!!!

Well, an immortal cash grab by some and pure ignorance by our membership base saw the best plan scarpered.
That was the 20,000 seat proposal to redevelop Redfern park/oval

If we’re going to play out of our area, it may as well be at a better stadium with better public transport options.

One rail line that requires a change at Lidcombe from Central for the majority of games is pretty woeful.

The labyrinthian car park has always been a pain for me when I’ve decided to drive.

Granted, on the opposite side of things, this is coming from someone who is 15 minutes from Allianz.

I do feel like at the end of the day though, half our fan base is affected by the above points.
I never park in the car park. Always use to park on Carter St and walk. Now with all the apartments park at Newington. It’s about a 15 minute walk. Its not ideal for everyone though.

Whilst not ideal to change on the train the good thing is the station is right at the ground. The light rail at Allianz has made things so much better there as well.

It is a bit of a walk from Parramatta Station to the ground. Parking can be a nightmare as well. Whilst the ground is better if we are able to get out of Accor it needs to be Allianz.

Hopefully we are back there sooner rather than later.

Yeah I avoid it, it’s a bit expensive, El Jennah is decent, I suppose my point was that it’s more varied, it’s got me a bit baffled as to why these food outlets have to charge so much, surely renting a space at the stadium cant be that expensive that they have to extort you? They generally charge a decent price in their other retail outlets around Sydney

Im a little out of the loop since I retired but not that long ago a carton of chips would have cost the caterers at Accor between $22 -$25 per carton of chips.

There’s approximately 50 of those cups they sell the chips in so that equates to $0.50c per serve…….. they were selling them for about $9 at the time from memory 😆😆

Im a little out of the loop since I retired but not that long ago a carton of chips would have cost the caterers at Accor between $22 -$25 per carton of chips.

There’s approximately 50 of those cups they sell the chips in so that equates to $0.50c per serve…….. they were selling them for about $9 at the time from memory 😆😆

Yeah it’s a rip off, I’m guessing there are other overheads, some obvious, some not so
They’d probably be paying some kind of fee to be there, akin to rent, obviously staff overheads etc but the prices are still ridiculous, they’re extorting a captive audience

I find it embarrassing when the same people who suppose they’re “diehards” who can’t get their arses off the couch & bleat about how we’re “oldest, LOUDEST, proudest” & how we have the best supporters & in the same breath put shit on the chooks, it’s just ignorant & makes Souths supporters look stupid
The only way to actually have bragging rights is if we do make the effort & not just when we’re winning
I’ll be interested if Easts start struggling next year which I’m predicting they will how much will their crowds dip….. I reckon if they struggle they’ll be some sort of drop off.

Theirs crowds were pretty good this year though. Don’t think that really translated to memberships for them though.

And if we start playing better how much will our crowds increase.

Move to Allianz or Commbank. There’s your answer.

No one wants to travel to Homebush, have to deal with troublesome parking or loathsome transport to see us play in the middle of a crater.

I swear sometimes I can’t tell the difference between Jye Gray and Tallis Duncan at Accor.

The Club needs to do all it can to move back to Allianz. It might hurt financially in the short term, but in the long run it’ll be worth it.
1727985574953.gif

(As someone who is blind as a bat I resembled your remark! 😂)

Accor was supposed to be updated at the same time, when the contract was signed.

Then covid happened, and the government who are normally quite happy to waste billons of dollars on bullshit suddenly decided that modernising the countries biggest stadium was no longer neccessary.

In other news, 600mil to PNG! Signed sealed and delivered!
1. You’re confusing Govt’s here.
It was the LNP Govt in NSW who committed to razing a stadium that was only completed in 1998/9(!) and rebuild it.
It was a stupid decision at the time and thankfully they came to their senses.

2. Putting a roof on the stadium, or making it more rectangular, or anything else won’t solve the fact that it’s in the middle of nowhere with poor public transport options (and when I say the middle of nowhere, I mean that it’s disconnected from any other suburb in Sydney, and has no soul).

Compare that to Commbank stadium in Parra - great facilities and in the heart of Parra, with plenty of dining and lubrication options pretty close by.
Or SFS with the same.

What about all the bars & restaurants in the area. Why not eat in them before a game?

Maybe I’ll pack a sandwich and apple from home while I’m at it.

It’s supposed to be a marquee venue. You should be able to eat something decent there without taking out a second mortgage. Or at least something indulgently comforting on the cheap.

Regardless, food is some ways behind the inappropriate size issue the venue has.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back