• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Fan Attendance

It’s
No one wants to travel to Homebush, have to deal with troublesome parking or loathsome transport to see us play in the middle of a crater.

I get the “crater” comment but the transport shouldn’t be an issue for anyone and it certainly won’t be when the new Metro opens

Yeah, it's Accor's size thats the biggest issue.

I could overlook that somewhat if it had a roof and updated food options. But it strikes
out on all three.

Poor move it seems by the Rabbitohs admin to lock themselves in long term at Homebush when a for-purpose ground was being built in our own backyard. Especially as it’s since come out that they knew there was no roof or upgrade happening when they re-entered into their current deal.

Accor is a bloated second rate facility for regular season games compared to Allianz, CommBank, AAMI, Country Bank, etc.

I could overlook that somewhat if it had a roof and updated food options. But it strikes
out on all three.

Poor move it seems by the Rabbitohs admin to lock themselves in long term at Homebush when a for-purpose ground was being built in our own backyard. Especially as it’s since come out that they knew there was no roof or upgrade happening when they re-entered into their current deal.

Accor is a bloated second rate facility for regular season games compared to Allianz, CommBank, AAMI, Country Bank, etc.

Accor was supposed to be updated at the same time, when the contract was signed.

Then covid happened, and the government who are normally quite happy to waste billons of dollars on bullshit suddenly decided that modernising the countries biggest stadium was no longer neccessary.

In other news, 600mil to PNG! Signed sealed and delivered!

Move to Allianz or Commbank. There’s your answer.

No one wants to travel to Homebush, have to deal with troublesome parking or loathsome transport to see us play in the middle of a crater.
So you would prefer we move even further away from our area? One thing I’ll never bag Accor for is its parking or public transport. I’ve never had an issue with either.

The rest of what you have said is the reason we should be moving to Allianz. I would love nothing more than to play at Allianz and go back to the Juniors after the game.

This is from someone who only lives 10-15 minutes away from Accor.

out on all three.

Food was updated this year (thus my "where are the meat pies!" rants), it's a much better quality now... though I struggle to be OK forking out $18 for a burger at a footy game.

Still, we should be at the stadium in our area.

We are the ONLY team in the NRL that plays no games out of the area we represent.

That's not acceptable.

We are the ONLY team in the NRL that plays no games out of the area we represent.

That's not acceptable.
Yeah, I agree with this! I watch the Panthers, Sea Eagles, Sharks, play at these fortresses for home grounds in their area, packed to the rafters and think what a missed opportunity it is that the greatest club in the history of history doesn’t have that! Dogshit St. Merge have got two!!!

If Heffron had been redeveloped into a 20,000 capacity boutique stadium every home game would be AN EVENT!!! People would be climbing over each other to get season tickets so as not to miss out and being born and bred and living in Maroubra to this day, literally EVERYONE would go, win, lose or draw!

We’ve got a billionaire and a couple multimillionaire’s for our owners! They need to read the room and just f&@king make it happen!!!

That's not acceptable.
Rumours were we wanted to play out of Allianz next year against Manly ANZAC Day and in an indigenous round double header. Whether we get those 2 home games there next year remains to be seen

Yeah, I agree with this! I watch the Panthers, Sea Eagles, Sharks, play at these fortresses for home grounds in their area, packed to the rafters and think what a missed opportunity it is that the greatest club in the history of history doesn’t have that! Dogshit St. Merge have got two!!!

If Heffron had been redeveloped into a 20,000 capacity boutique stadium every home game would be AN EVENT!!! People would be climbing over each other to get season tickets so as not to miss out and being born and bred and living in Maroubra to this day, literally EVERYONE would go, win, lose or draw!

We’ve got a billionaire and a couple multimillionaire’s for our owners! They need to read the room and just f&@king make it happen!!!
No-one is going to pay 300 to 500 million for a stadium at Heffron that will never make it's money back

We don't need to build one. There is one there, at Moore Park, in our area.

Swing some d*cks and make it happen, Souths.

Food was updated this year (thus my "where are the meat pies!" rants), it's a much better quality now... though I struggle to be OK forking out $18 for a burger at a footy game.

Still, we should be at the stadium in our area.

That’s the problem though.

It’s an ‘upgrade’ with a premium charged that doesn’t match the experience.

Before it was too expensive for what it was, now it’s dressed up and costs even more.

Footy food should either be cheap and cheerful, no complaints - or a bit more indulgent, but still cost effective. At the end of the day, it’s stadium food. It’s never going to be amazing, so charge accordingly.

That’s the problem though.

It’s an ‘upgrade’ with a premium charged that doesn’t match the experience.

Before it was too expensive for what it was, now it’s dressed up and costs even more.

Footy food should either be cheap and cheerful, no complaints - or a bit more indulgent, but still cost effective. At the end of the day, it’s stadium food. It’s never going to be amazing, so charge accordingly.
Allianz is worse though - I remember paying $25 for popcorn chicken for my daughter last time. Crazy.

Allianz is worse though - I remember paying $25 for popcorn chicken for my daughter last time. Crazy.
Yep and on top of that if our membership increases significantly in cost if we moved there I won’t be for it money is tight in these times. If the cost would be similar then I’m all for it.

Anyway I think we will be at Accor for a while don’t think there is a get out clause in the deal Solly signed

Latest posts

Back