• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

COVID!!!

I got it voluntarily and willingly. I also get booster shots, think I've 5 or 6 so far.

It was fair enough that those in services such as health, aged care and disability, and first responders were required to get the vaccine. In the beginning the vaccine was very effective at prevention and saved countless lives, until new variants came. It is still effective against serious illness and death, and still as effective as your yearly flu shot.

If you were over 60, obese and had underly health conditions, it certainly saved lives.
The data was and is very clear that healthy people below 60 were not dying from the virus

If you were over 60, obese and had underly health conditions, it certainly saved lives.
The data was and is very clear that healthy people below 60 were not dying from the virus
When the vaccine was first introduced it was very effective at prevention, before the virus mutated. You couldn't have aged care workers or first responders dealing with people (elderly) that were unvaccinated.

You couldn't have aged care workers or first responders dealing with people (elderly) that were unvaccinated.

Yes, I agree but sacking them if they didn’t want to was disgracefu. There was so much money being hurdled around essential service people should not have been sacked and demonised

In the beginning the vaccine was very effective at prevention and saved countless lives, until new variants came. It is still effective against serious illness and death, and still as effective as your yearly flu shot.
Is there peer reviewed data that shows this to be the case?
Read the linked article from the AJGP (Australian Journal of General Practice) you may find it interesting and informative I certainly did.

Is there peer reviewed data that shows this to be the case?
Read the linked article from the AJGP (Australian Journal of General Practice) you may find it interesting and informative I certainly did.

Yes, there is a lot of peer reviewed data showing this, although most of it is from a couple of years ago.

Thanks for the article. There is nothing in it that changes my mind in any way. For me it's a numbers game. They say that the vaccine "might" contribute to long covid, and then go on to say; " A possible association between COVID-19 vaccination and the incidence of POTS has been demonstrated in a cohort of 284,592 COVID-19-vaccinated individuals, though at a rate that was one-fifth of the incidence of POTS after SARS-CoV-2 infection.

Latest posts

Back