• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Buzz Has A Message For The Pride

I dont doubt that Wighton can, but it hasnt really been his game in the past has it?
And would his other talents be lessened elsewhere by doing all this 'dirty work'?
Well as we know Wighton has been a strong runner of the ball all his career but hasn’t played big amounts of time at centre.

Given how fit he is too I don’t see a reason why he won’t get his hands dirty with carries out of trouble. I don’t think it’ll take away from what he can do in attack when given good ball!

If Trell gets fit and firing and Cody and Wighton stay fit it’s only going to mean good things for our left edge. I’d assume that’s the edge where Munro will start the season too outside them given AJ most likely won’t be fit to start the year. Add in Campbell and Tass on the right to partner Dodd will be good too. No doubt we will attack on both sides. Would be good to see Cody and Trell going onto that right side at times too roaming around which I’m sure they’ll do.

I am a bit concerned about hooker too but hope Wayne has a plan. How we go at 7 and 9 will have a big bearing on what we can do. We need our hooker to do more than just tackle and pass as well. Penrith can get away with Kenny given what they’ve had at 1, 6 and 7 I don’t think we have that luxury.

Now I am going to get many of you really offside ... but where this is all leading is this ....
Big fan of Wayne in most areas, but are we expecting just too much from him?
Isn't his greatest strength his personal skills in getting the best out of most of his team?
But tactically and strategically, is he in the top 3 or 4 coaches? Just asking the question.
So, when I say whole of team approach, I include the assistant coaches too.
Just a brief comment, but just look at for instance how Cleary was able to nullify the arial advantage of Warbrick and Coates in the GF.

@olBj hows it going mate with the questions you were putting together where you rate certain areas and give them a score re biggest work ons and what needs to improve etc….. I was looking forward to maybe participating that and seeing what the overall end results would be. I think our pathways etc given another thread on here is a massive concern for people currently……

@olBj hows it going mate with the questions you were putting together where you rate certain areas and give them a score re biggest work ons and what needs to improve etc….. I was looking forward to maybe participating that and seeing what the overall end results would be. I think our pathways etc given another thread on here is a massive concern for people currently……
Hi R21
If u are referring to my now defunct 2024 fan review, I stopped because as I stated in that thread, the other members didnt seem too interested so I considered it not worthwhile continuing with a poll/survey with a small sample set...results would have been somewhat meaningless.

Hi R21
If u are referring to my now defunct 2024 fan review, I stopped because as I stated in that thread, the other members didnt seem too interested so I considered it not worthwhile continuing with a poll/survey with a small sample set...results would have been somewhat meaningless.
I think you’re underselling the idea you would get 30-40 regular Pride members voting on it.

Maole, Tatola, Arrow can hit the line hard. The backs coming in for the yardage carries may be a bit light without someone like Milne. Tass/AJ when fit on the left can do an ok job. Latrell can take a hard carry but is not a known meter eater. I don't know how Munro will go in that role. If he beefed up a bit then ok but his meters are more about speed, which I would rather. Also , a good last play kick can make an average set into a very good one. There are a few ways that WB can coach the side into winning territory. The best way to start is with the team attitude and desire. Get that like Penriths and we are well on our way.
I hope none of our players ever contemplate eating a meter, are you referring to a speedometer here or something else? 😀

Maole, Tatola, Arrow can hit the line hard. The backs coming in for the yardage carries may be a bit light without someone like Milne. Tass/AJ when fit on the left can do an ok job. Latrell can take a hard carry but is not a known meter eater. I don't know how Munro will go in that role. If he beefed up a bit then ok but his meters are more about speed, which I would rather. Also , a good last play kick can make an average set into a very good one. There are a few ways that WB can coach the side into winning territory. The best way to start is with the team attitude and desire. Get that like Penriths and we are well on our way.
Maybe Graham and Dodd can go for yards and the others go for metres?

I dont doubt that Wighton can, but it hasnt really been his game in the past has it?
And would his other talents be lessened elsewhere by doing all this 'dirty work'?

His other talents aren’t going to be used.

His job will be to be a better Dane Gagai. Run straight and hard 15-20 times a game, draw attention and hold his own defensively. That’s his job as a centre.

I hope none of our players ever contemplate eating a meter, are you referring to a speedometer here or something else? 😀
I think that is American spelling. Over here it's like a water meter. I mix up Centre and Center too.

Big fan of Wayne in most areas, but are we expecting just too much from him?
No. This what he does.
Isn't his greatest strength his personal skills in getting the best out of most of his team?
Yes one of several of his strengths. Attitude and determination were contributors to our poor performance this season.
But tactically and strategically, is he in the top 3 or 4 coaches?
Yes. Especially when he has the players at his disposal, which he has.
So, when I say whole of team approach, I include the assistant coaches too.
They will be a better coaching team under WBs coaching processes.

His job will be to be a better Dane Gagai. Run straight and hard 15-20 times a game, draw attention and hold his own defensively. That’s his job as afor 900k
All that for just 900k? Sign me up quick!

Well as we know Wighton has been a strong runner of the ball all his career but hasn’t played big amounts of time at centre.

Given how fit he is too I don’t see a reason why he won’t get his hands dirty with carries out of trouble. I don’t think it’ll take away from what he can do in attack when given good ball!

If Trell gets fit and firing and Cody and Wighton stay fit it’s only going to mean good things for our left edge. I’d assume that’s the edge where Munro will start the season too outside them given AJ most likely won’t be fit to start the year. Add in Campbell and Tass on the right to partner Dodd will be good too. No doubt we will attack on both sides. Would be good to see Cody and Trell going onto that right side at times too roaming around which I’m sure they’ll do.

I am a bit concerned about hooker too but hope Wayne has a plan. How we go at 7 and 9 will have a big bearing on what we can do. We need our hooker to do more than just tackle and pass as well. Penrith can get away with Kenny given what they’ve had at 1, 6 and 7 I don’t think we have that luxury.
From what I have seen of Wighton is that he is a strong ball runner and dangerous attacking the line from both 5/8 and Centre. It doesn't appear to make a difference with him. I think he will take a few of the tough carries like CG but Tass will probably be used more in the role. Jack will probably be used for a big kick out of trouble if we are pinned in our 20. Munro may be on the right outside CG with Tass filling in for AJ on the left outside Wighton. Also I agree with your concern with the hooker role. But with the halves I would expect WB to have a plan for them that is developed totally around Cody. Looking forward to this aspect as Cody excelled under WB last time and I also don't think Wellens used or developed Dodd’s abilities at St Helens as good as WB will.

His job will be to be a better Dane Gagai. Run straight and hard 15-20 times a game, draw attention and hold his own defensively. That’s his job as a centre.
Yes agree. I would add that we will use his long kicking game out of our own half also, although we do have Trell for that too. And I post this with a stunningly high level of Chutzpah. 🤣

Latest posts

Back