• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Buzz Has A Message For The Pride

I wish I could totally agree ... but depending on game styles next year, 4 of the 7 are really too much on the light side and you have not even included a hooker in your list
Love the tenacity of some of these, but a long season can really wear them down... Its not like we have 3 or 4 known large metre players in our back 5 to take the heat off them like penrith so they will be worked really hard.
Therefore, the mix really needs a good balance of size and mobility... we have lost Tom and hard working Cook ... so WB has his work cut out imo.
Maybe Schuster and Havili and Keppie and Shaq will need to get plenty of game time as well.
Not really sure what I am trying to say ... guess I am asking ... how do we get field dominance? Hope our kicking is much better and our kick chase too. That would certainly help.
Just too often, we get fatigued at end of first half and concede a try ... SCREAM... and we fatigue at end of matches too. WB really knows how to get players performing near their best each week, but we will need a really great strategic approach.

With that lighter pack ... and I do like many of them ... I think Wayne needs to change his D style ... he doesn't seem to be a fan of quick line speed unless we are in opposition 20.
I would really love to see a change in this area ... could change the whole team dynamic???

Yeah I must admit it's an interesting stand for the moron to take, betting against Bennett so publicly like that.
But this buffoon constantly embarrasses himself with his dumb arse takes on things, I guess it isn't really that shocking
They should donate Buzz’s brain to science…… sorry got to be something to donate.

With that lighter pack ... and I do like many of them ... I think Wayne needs to change his D style ... he doesn't seem to be a fan of quick line speed unless we are in opposition 20.
I would really love to see a change in this area ... could change the whole team dynamic???
AND, I am really hoping the best for Fletcher, Blanc etc

Not really sure what I am trying to say ... guess I am asking ... how do we get field dominance? Hope our kicking is much better and our kick chase too. That would certainly help.
Just too often, we get fatigued at end of first half and concede a try ... SCREAM... and we fatigue at end of matches too. WB really knows how to get players performing near their best each week, but we will need a really great strategic approach.

Pack size and field position aren’t intrinsically linked as they once were.

We have agility and I think we can create momentum with the quality forwards we have.

Koloamatangi was one of the best yardage forwards in the comp playing in the middle this year. Murray, Arrow and Aitken are incredibly effective with their speed and agility. Duncan looked to have that same impact on the edge too. He was far more effective in attack out wide once he’d found his feet. And then Moale and Tatola are bigger bodies in the middle. Havili too.

On the edges you have Graham and Wighton out of yardage, with an assist from Munro and whoever the other winger is (ideally that would be an additional yardage winger).

Again, if they can stay on the park, the pack isn’t a problem for a top 4ish finish.

The starting pack would be better with one more big man. I was hopeing for Hunt but not to be. WB may yet turn up with Mat Lodge, but as is, it is still a good pack. The starting props Keaon and Tatola. The starting edges of Aitkin right and Arrow left. Starting Lock Murray. Moale, Duncan and Shuster on the bench. I would like Keaon and Murray to both start in the middle. Arrow can play in the middle when Schuster comes off the bench to play left edge. This is a formidable line up. I expect these guys to thrive under WB and present a whole new attitude come round 1. I also can't recall the last time Arrow was playing without an injury. Could be a good year for him.

Pack size and field position aren’t intrinsically linked as they once were.

We have agility and I think we can create momentum with the quality forwards we have.

Koloamatangi was one of the best yardage forwards in the comp playing in the middle this year. Murray, Arrow and Aitken are incredibly effective with their speed and agility. Duncan looked to have that same impact on the edge too. He was far more effective in attack out wide once he’d found his feet. And then Moale and Tatola are bigger bodies in the middle. Havili too.

On the edges you have Graham and Wighton out of yardage, with an assist from Munro and whoever the other winger is (ideally that would be an additional yardage winger).

Again, if they can stay on the park, the pack isn’t a problem for a top 4ish finish.
I would agree with your first statement about a definite link.... but my point is, without size AND hitting line hard, yardage has to come from somewhere.
Mitchell will not typically provide yardage and I dont think that is Wighton's strength nor AJs.
So, you are looking at Graham, Munro??
Milne is gone too.
That is why we have to be so strategically clever in the other areas I made mention of so that our smaller but highly mobile forwards can excel and gain ascendancy and not get worn out fighting for metres and defending.

I would agree with your first statement about a definite link.... but my point is, without size AND hitting line hard, yardage has to come from somewhere.
Mitchell will not typically provide yardage and I dont think that is Wighton's strength nor AJs.
Milne is gone too.
That is why we have to be so strategically clever in the other areas I made mention of so that our smaller but highly mobile forwards can excel and gain ascendancy and not get worn out fighting for metres and defending.
Cant state it any plainer than that.

I think Wighton will do lots of dirty work and go looking for the ball. He and Campbell will be best in that regard for the backs.

Milne is gone too.
Maole, Tatola, Arrow can hit the line hard. The backs coming in for the yardage carries may be a bit light without someone like Milne. Tass/AJ when fit on the left can do an ok job. Latrell can take a hard carry but is not a known meter eater. I don't know how Munro will go in that role. If he beefed up a bit then ok but his meters are more about speed, which I would rather. Also , a good last play kick can make an average set into a very good one. There are a few ways that WB can coach the side into winning territory. The best way to start is with the team attitude and desire. Get that like Penriths and we are well on our way.

I dont doubt that Wighton can, but it hasnt really been his game in the past has it?
And would his other talents be lessened elsewhere by doing all this 'dirty work'?

Last edited:
Maole, Tatola, Arrow can hit the line hard. The backs coming in for the yardage carries may be a bit light without someone like Milne. Tass/AJ when fit on the left can do an ok job. Latrell can take a hard carry but is not a known meter eater. I don't know how Munro will go in that role. If he beefed up a bit then ok but his meters are more about speed, which I would rather. Also , a good last play kick can make an average set into a very good one. There are a few ways that WB can coach the side into winning territory. The best way to start is with the team attitude and desire. Get that like Penriths and we are well on our way.
Agreed, and that is my point. With the roster we have (and I think is good but with gaps) it really has to be optimised with a superior 'whole of game' approach.

Latest posts

Back