• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Alex Johnston

I've read it all now.

AJ is not a try scorer because arguably the greatest fullback of all-time scored the majority of his tries at fullback.

How can anyone take people seriously when they have hot takes like that guys?

It clouds every opinion they ever mention because you don't know if it's based on reality or ridiculous bias.

It really doesn’t matter how he does it.

Just that he does it.

I don’t think AJ is going to sit there and say he did this on his own.

This record is a personal, team and club achievement, and the players that contributed to this once in a lifetime occurrence should all be proud (assuming we get there).

And sure, GI and Cody can probably take turns nursing the medal (there will be a medal yeah?) one day a week each.

AJ is the focal point, and deservingly so. It’s his name that will hopefully grace the record book.

But it’s a celebration we’ll all share in.

I swear there have been threads on here predicting this since shortly after his debut season. ‘If AJ keeps this up, then
’.

Well, it looks like we’re gonna see ‘then’.

It really doesn’t matter how he does it.

Just that he does it.

I don’t think AJ is going to sit there and say he did this on his own.

This record is a personal, team and club achievement, and the players that contributed to this once in a lifetime occurrence should all be proud (assuming we get there).

And sure, GI and Cody can probably take turns nursing the medal (there will be a medal yeah?) one day a week each.

AJ is the focal point, and deservingly so. It’s his name that will hopefully grace the record book.

But it’s a celebration we’ll all share in.

I swear there have been threads on here predicting this since shortly after his debut season. ‘If AJ keeps this up, then
’.

Well, it looks like we’re gonna see ‘then’.
Absolutely, and hopefully in 50 years time people hearing about AJ's record will watch videos of his try scoring exploits and see the awesome players that played inside him and get to see the full picture of Souths in the 2010's and 2020's

Of the active players, next is Michael Jennings on 155 and Daniel Tupou on 150.

Josh Addo-Carr on 133 tries could go close if he plays to 34-35 and scores 15+ tries every season... unlikely.

Latrell on 103 tries and turning 27 soon could give it a shot if he played centre for 5 seasons, but that won't happen either.

There's a reason the record has stood for 50+ years.

To have that longevity and consistency is a bloody hard thing to achieve.
Not bad from a guy who isn’t a wingers arsehole and simply falls over the line for a try

If Irvine were playing today, there would be outrage because he doesn't do the "sh.t carries". Larry Corowa would be another . True entertainers would be ostracized by many, especially on here. đŸ€”đŸ˜ź
It isn’t “many” that whine about AJ mate. Its only one special dude and a few others

Another historical point is that Irvine and his peers played at a time when there was more room on the field. Now, with taller, faster, fitter players it's arguably harder to get around the defence. That makes the performance of modern wingers all the more impressive.

I've read it all now.

AJ is not a try scorer because arguably the greatest fullback of all-time scored the majority of his tries at fullback.

How can anyone take people seriously when they have hot takes like that guys?
I know, it’s almost as bad as that poster who 12 months ago was defending JDs record here up against Bennett’s

Oh wait that was you wasn’t it!

I know, it’s almost as bad as that poster who 12 months ago was defending JDs record here up against Bennett’s

Oh wait that was you wasn’t it!

Man you are incessant in your stupidity.
I don't know why I even entertain you, such is the forum joke figure you've become but, let's do this -.

You said Bennet handles state of origin periods better than any one and doesn't lose to teams we should beat (to paraphrase).

I showed you factual evidence that what you said was entirely fictional and erroneous by simply showing the results we had in 2019 during Bennets first state of origin period with us.

Heading into Round 12 -

1st on the ladder - 20 points from 11 games

Round 12 - Loss to Parra
Round 13 - Loss to Newcastle
Round 14 - Loss to Penrith
Round 15 - Loss to the Wests Tigers

Somehow though, you thought that was me inferring that JD was as good a coach, or even close too Bennett or some other bullshit.

So whilst I, correctly pointed out that Bennett didn't handle 2019s SOO series with us well, you continue to say that AJ is as good as Roy Bell.

It isn’t “many” that whine about AJ mate. Its only one special dude and a few others
Yeah the special dude who said if we persist with soft wingers and continue to allow CG to do all our yardage we will bust him.

Funny how that turned out.

Man you are incessant in your stupidity.
I don't know why I even entertain you, such is the forum joke figure you've become but, let's do this -.

You said Bennet handles state of origin periods better than any one and doesn't lose to teams we should beat (to paraphrase).

I showed you factual evidence that what you said was entirely fictional and erroneous by simply showing the results we had in 2019 during Bennets first state of origin period with us.

Heading into Round 12 -

1st on the ladder - 20 points from 11 games

Round 12 - Loss to Parra
Round 13 - Loss to Newcastle
Round 14 - Loss to Penrith
Round 15 - Loss to the Wests Tigers

Somehow though, you thought that was me inferring that JD was as good a coach, or even close too Bennett or some other bullshit.
Ah yes twisting the narrative once again

Said nothing about Origin. It was about losing to teams in the bottom half of the ladder

Which from memory I believe your own stats illustrated under Wayne we didn’t lose to a team below 10th at the time.

You also questioned the use of long term stats. Which makes even more sense now with how your mate JD turned out

Keep trying to sound intelligent champ, but generally you don’t have a sound post unless it’s something of mine or Sonics you regurgitate 6-8 months later trying to pass it off as yours

Ah yes twisting the narrative once again

Said nothing about Origin. It was about losing to teams in the bottom half of the ladder

Which from memory I believe your own stats illustrated under Wayne we didn’t lose to a team below 10th at the time.

You also questioned the use of long term stats. Which makes even more sense now with how your mate JD turned out

Keep trying to sound intelligent champ, but generally you don’t have a sound post unless it’s something of mine or Sonics you regurgitate 6-8 months later trying to pass it off as yours
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I clamped you and I will always clamp you.

You are hilarious.

Thank you for genuinely giving me the biggest laugh of the day.

Seriously, keep it up. You are a treasure pet.

Unless a winger is scoring tries from a ball kicked directly to them pretty sure every one of their tries comes from a ball that's made it's way to them via a pass. Am I missing something ??? đŸ€” AJ is a try scoring freak . No amount of criticism can deny the fact that he sits 2nd of all time tries scored on a list that includes players like Ian Moir, Eric Growth Snr, Larry Corowa, Harold Horder , Cec Blinkhorn, etc. Many of these guys mentioned are regarded as the greatest wingers of all time and AJ has absolutely smashed their feats of scoring tries. Why are we even having this foolish conversation ?

Last edited:

Back