• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Albanese Sets New Record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone trying to say the amount of his trips are all legit is living in FairyLand.

No other PM has as many trips to their name in such a short time as he does, I wonder why that is?
Probably because a good many of them are junkets.

Even Labor supporters are laughing at his travel games, and his numbers are dropping because of it.

When Australians are going through such tough times, they really don't want to see their alleged PM constantly overseas avoiding all the real domestic issues.

LOL, you're kidding.

In debate #2 Albanese himself called the cost of living "a critical emergency" and promised he would address it immediately.

Within 48 hours of being voted in and within HOURS of being sworn in, he went to Japan.

He is miles ahead of Morrison when it comes to the abuse of travel.

But then it's very much a Labor thing, they have started calling Albanese AirBus Albo, Rudd was called Kevin 747, and on it goes.
Abuse of travel. The 3-5 hours travel I do daily for work must also be abuse of travel LOL 😂🤣

Why did Albo leave the country within hours of being sworn in to go to Japan?

Again, if the travel is for work, it’s part of the job. Don’t have a problem with it. Nor should anyone.

I agree with Albanese that the cost of living is indeed a critical emergency. I believe a lot more could have been done from his government on this front and it has been extremely disappointing. The massive cost of the referendum, in my view, those funds could have been better spent addressing this critical issue. Committing to record numbers of immigration before having the infrastructure and housing availability to support/hold it. Massive failures.

I give credit for addressing other pressing issues such as trade relationships, particularly with China, Oceania/pacific relationships and peacekeeping. This has been the purpose of the increased travel.

Criticism where it’s due. Credit where it’s due.

So do you give him credit for the massive spike in immigration and its effect on housing and the poor?.
Abuse of travel. The 3-5 hours travel I do daily for work must also be abuse of travel LOL 😂🤣

Again, if the travel is for work, it’s part of the job. Don’t have a problem with it. Nor should anyone.

I agree with Albanese that the cost of living is indeed a critical emergency. I believe a lot more could have been done from his government on this front and it has been extremely disappointing. The massive cost of the referendum, in my view, those funds could have been better spent addressing this critical issue. Committing to record numbers of immigration before having the infrastructure and housing availability to support/hold it. Massive failures.

I give credit for addressing other pressing issues such as trade relationships, particularly with China, Oceania/pacific relationships and peacekeeping. This has been the purpose of the increased travel.

So do you give him credit for the massive spike in immigration and its effect on housing and the poor?.
Hahaha 😝

Can’t help you.

Quite amazing that you can type but cannot read and/or comprehend.

Explains quite a few of your posts.

Oops didnt see that, and no need to be insulting, just in from an early morning fish, washing boat down ect and was in a hurry..
Hahaha 😝

Can’t help you.

Quite amazing that you can type but cannot read and/or comprehend.

Explains quite a few of your posts.

If it is not related to work, yes.

I assume to go to Japan.

IF it is work yes. 17 trips in 11 months i consider excessive.

I mostly agree, but we need to show caution sucking up to China too much.

No matter who is in power, this is poor, very poor, we have a right to be protected from murderers , rapists and child molesters, the judges who set these people free should be ashamed.

Foreign paedophiles, three murderers and criminals responsible for ‘disgusting’ crimes released​

A paedophile rapist and a sex predator who attacked elderly women are among the overseas criminals released into the Australian community.
A paedophile who raped a 10-year-old boy, a hit man who blew up a pregnant woman with explosives and a sex predator who attacked elderly women are among the foreign criminals released into the community following a landmark High Court decision.
The court ruled last week that it is unconstitutional to indefinitely detain criminals who can’t be deported to their home countries.

The Albanese Government, which fought the ruling, remained under fire over the fallout in parliament on Tuesday.

Confirming the tally of serious offenders now in the community includes “three murderers” the federal government sought to explain what protections were in place in the wake of the decision.

he Albanese government has, following a High Court decision, released 80 hardcore criminals into the community,” deputy Liberal leader Sussan Ley said on Tuesday.

“A paedophile who raped a 10-year-old boy, a hit man who murdered a pregnant woman and blew up her body with military-grade explosives, and a violent sex predator who attacks elderly women in their home.

“Will the Minister confirm how many of these 80 individuals are convicted paedophiles, murderers or rapists?

In response, Immigration Minister Andrew Giles noted that the Albanese Government had resisted the outcome.

“I believe there are three murderers, several sex offenders. I will provide her with the precise details of those who fall into the categories of offending,” he said.

No matter who is in power, this is poor, very poor, we have a right to be protected from murderers , rapists and child molesters, the judges who set these people free should be ashamed.

Foreign paedophiles, three murderers and criminals responsible for ‘disgusting’ crimes released​

A paedophile rapist and a sex predator who attacked elderly women are among the overseas criminals released into the Australian community.
A paedophile who raped a 10-year-old boy, a hit man who blew up a pregnant woman with explosives and a sex predator who attacked elderly women are among the foreign criminals released into the community following a landmark High Court decision.
The court ruled last week that it is unconstitutional to indefinitely detain criminals who can’t be deported to their home countries.

The Albanese Government, which fought the ruling, remained under fire over the fallout in parliament on Tuesday.

Confirming the tally of serious offenders now in the community includes “three murderers” the federal government sought to explain what protections were in place in the wake of the decision.

he Albanese government has, following a High Court decision, released 80 hardcore criminals into the community,” deputy Liberal leader Sussan Ley said on Tuesday.

“A paedophile who raped a 10-year-old boy, a hit man who murdered a pregnant woman and blew up her body with military-grade explosives, and a violent sex predator who attacks elderly women in their home.

“Will the Minister confirm how many of these 80 individuals are convicted paedophiles, murderers or rapists?

In response, Immigration Minister Andrew Giles noted that the Albanese Government had resisted the outcome.

“I believe there are three murderers, several sex offenders. I will provide her with the precise details of those who fall into the categories of offending,” he said.
It's almost official, the decent people in this world are losing the war.

UPDATE

2022 May 23rd May 2022 - December 31st 2022
12 Trips in 8 Months

Japan
Indonesia
UAE
Spain
France
Ukraine
Fiji
UK
Japan
Cambodia
Indonesia
Thailand

2023 January 1st to Current (Nov 2023)
17 Trips in 11 Months

PNG
India
USA
Fiji
UK
Japan
Singapore
Vietnam
Germany
Lithuania
New Zealand
Indonesia
Philippines
India
USA
China
Cook Islands
Ah not quite. As usual, what is presented is a distortion as it is the number of countries visited and not the number of trips. If I go overseas and visit 3 countries on that trip, its one trip not three. The actual number of trips is as below;

"As of May 2023, Albanese has made fifteen international trips to eighteen sovereign states since assuming office on 23 May 2022".

Of course, this is the point of the exercise. To distort and create a false image. In addition, I couldn't seem to find you becoming apoplectic and commenting angrily when the following was occurring;

Scott Morrison has become Australia’s highest-flying new Prime Minister, spending more than $3 million on international flights and accommodation during his first 15 months in office.
It has been previously revealed by SBS that Mr Morrison embarked on more overseas trips in his first year in office than each of his predecessors.
New figures show the Prime Minister made 17 international trips to 19 nations during his first 15 months in office, at a cost of $3,105,537.

Of course, you will pretend you are just as outraged by the above and you don't support either Liberal or Labor but the evidence (or lack of it) suggests otherwise. The comparison to Morrison is just provided as a recent example. Tony Abbott was even more of a jetsetter exceding Kevin Rudd in his first 12 months.

You will probably suggest the current PM shouldn't be going because of the current cost-of-living squeeze and the costs of the trips could be better spent on cost-of living relief. Well let's assume these trips have cost 100 million (an over-estimate). The pay-off for these trips, in part, and stabilising the China relationship is about $18 billion in export value. Not a bad pay-off huh? As a business man you would think that's a pretty good investment return wouldn't you? Spend 100 million and get 18 billion back. More exports mean more jobs, more income/wages, more prosperity.

"China imposed sanctions worth $20 billion on Australian products during the height of diplomatic tensions in 2020. Only $2 billion worth of sanctions remain on Australian exports, including rock lobsters and beef.

Senator Farrell has accompanied Prime Minister Anthony Albanese to China, where the pair attended the China International Import Expo in Shanghai alongside the representatives of more than 200 Australian businesses.

Senator Farrell was speaking in Shanghai on Sunday, where he confirmed he raised the punitive action with his Chinese counterpart Wang Wentao in a meeting the previous night"

In truth, the PM of a middle power country such as Australia should be travelling to international forums and meeting with foreign leaders. It doesn't matter whether they are Labor or Liberal. It is part of the job.

Of course, none of this will matter to you and the other anti-Laborites on here. You will continue to believe what you believe. However, the more fair-minded readers might see your faux outrage is peppered with hypocrisy and bias.

If I go overseas and visit 3 countries on that trip, its one trip not three.

So only one of those countries would stamp your passport because they would not consider it a trip to their country?

LOL, you didn't think that one out too well did you.
The actual number of trips is as below;

"As of May 2023, Albanese has made fifteen international trips to eighteen sovereign states since assuming office on 23 May 2022".

Of course, this is the point of the exercise. To distort and create a false image. In addition, I couldn't seem to find you becoming apoplectic and commenting angrily when the following was occurring;

No, the trip numbers are correct.

2022 May 23rd May 2022 - December 31st 2022
12 Trips in 8 Months

Japan
Indonesia
UAE
Spain
France
Ukraine
Fiji
UK
Japan
Cambodia
Indonesia
Thailand

2023 January 1st to Current (Nov 2023)
17 Trips in 11 Months

PNG
India
USA
Fiji
UK
Japan
Singapore
Vietnam
Germany
Lithuania
New Zealand
Indonesia
Philippines
India
USA
China
Cook Islands
Scott Morrison has become Australia’s highest-flying new Prime Minister, spending more than $3 million on international flights and accommodation during his first 15 months in office.
It has been previously revealed by SBS that Mr Morrison embarked on more overseas trips in his first year in office than each of his predecessors.
New figures show the Prime Minister made 17 international trips to 19 nations during his first 15 months in office, at a cost of $3,105,537.

Why would I comment on Morrison when I was talking about Albanese? Would you ask me to make comments on Sua'ali'i if I were talking about Ty Munro? What a strange expectation.

Of course, you will pretend you are just as outraged by the above and you don't support either Liberal or Labor but the evidence (or lack of it) suggests otherwise.
No, not in the least bit outraged.

The comparison to Morrison is just provided as a recent example. Tony Abbott was even more of a jetsetter exceding Kevin Rudd in his first 12 months.

Was not commenting on Morrison, Rudd or Abbott, you seem very confused even understanding what the topic is.

You will probably suggest the current PM shouldn't be going because of the current cost-of-living squeeze and the costs of the trips could be better spent on cost-of living relief. Well let's assume these trips have cost 100 million (an over-estimate). The pay-off for these trips, in part, and stabilising the China relationship is about $18 billion in export value. Not a bad pay-off huh? As a business man you would think that's a pretty good investment return wouldn't you? Spend 100 million and get 18 billion back. More exports mean more jobs, more income/wages, more prosperity.

We'll see. He'll need to solve his little issue of a critical housing shortage and bringing 650k new migrants into the country, that interests me more more than your assumptions on the economy.

"China imposed sanctions worth $20 billion on Australian products during the height of diplomatic tensions in 2020. Only $2 billion worth of sanctions remain on Australian exports, including rock lobsters and beef.

Senator Farrell has accompanied Prime Minister Anthony Albanese to China, where the pair attended the China International Import Expo in Shanghai alongside the representatives of more than 200 Australian businesses.

Senator Farrell was speaking in Shanghai on Sunday, where he confirmed he raised the punitive action with his Chinese counterpart Wang Wentao in a meeting the previous night"

Lovely, but totally lost on how it relates to anything I have posted about.

In truth, the PM of a middle power country such as Australia should be travelling to international forums and meeting with foreign leaders. It doesn't matter whether they are Labor or Liberal. It is part of the job.

So is running the country.

Of course, none of this will matter to you and the other anti-Laborites on here.

Don't know what an anti-Laborite is so I'll leave that.
Sounds like something picked up in a school yard.

You will continue to believe what you believe.

Will I? Wow, what a hide I must have. Daring to have my own views, perhaps I should switch immediately to your views so you'll feel better about one less person daring to disagree with you.

However, the more fair-minded readers might see your faux outrage is peppered with hypocrisy and bias.

No outrage, more pure amusement at the lying from Albanese when he stated in Debate #2 he was going to be a PM for Australia, working from Australia and not always away on junkets.

Immigration and it's effects on the economy are very complex, but I would agree it needs to be curbed due to the housing crisis. Problem is that both sides seem to support it. So many sectors rely on immigration from harvesting produce to education to skilled workers needed for business. My dad calls it a Ponzi scheme, whereby the economy now seems to rely on it.

Labor and Liberal are addicted to the idea of a big Australia. I doubt our environment can handle it, let alone our cities.

I love living in a multicultural society, but this needs to be halted for a while while we sort out other issues.

Interesting latest Morgan poll, Albo ignoring the plight of the blue collar base is starting to bite, now 50-50 with LNP, lucky for him Josh Frydenberg is not opposition leader, also interesting poll results in happenings in Middle East.

Last edited:
Interesting latest Morgan poll, Albo ignoring the plight of the blue collar base is starting to bite, now 50-50 with LNP, lucky for him Josh Frydenberg is not opposition leader, also interesting poll results in happenings in Middle East.
If the Libs had a serious option as a leader instead of Dutton this would be a one term govt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back