• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Albanese Sets New Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

daRque

Master
Reaction score
In less than a year and a half Albanese has become, officially, the most traveled PM in Australia's history.

Particularly interesting considering during one of the Great Debates, when asked what type of PM he will be, he stated one that will be in Australia in critical times, such as what he termed "our current cost of living crisis", and he will not be on overseas junkets like previous PM's.

Oh the irony when looking at his list of travel.

Looking at his record so far he has managed to totally stuff up the Voice issue, just about ensuring a No vote will win, it's just losing support by the week, which is such a shame, simply because he has no idea how to present it correctly.

No action on the cost of living, something he termed an emergency, ditto with power bills, fuel costs etc etc etc.

I never thought we'd discover a Labor PM more incompetent than Gillard, step up Anthony, you make her look efficient.

Japan
Indonesia
UAE
Spain
France
Ukraine
Fiji
UK
Japan
Cambodia
Indonesia
Thailand
PNG
India
USA
Fiji
UK
Japan
Singapore
Vietnam
Germany
Lithuania
New Zealand

Travel details will be updated as his ever growing list expands......................

Is Albanese an Australian? I just thought he occasionally popped in for a visit and get a photo opportunity.
Good question, not sure he is here long enough to be considered a citizen.

I forgot to mention the little journies to festivals, cricket, tennis etc.

But then most people with any sense knew he'd prove to be an incompetent flog.

What really exposed him to me was during the Great Debate #2 every time he was asked about a policy for anything his answer was "we have a plan for that", but zero detail on what "the plan" contained.

Morrison even made a joke about it and said "mate, you're going to have 52 plans to review in your first two days", funny stuff.

And he has destroyed what should have been a certain Yes vote on the voice by doing the same thing again, a plan, with no detail.

The travel issue is a red herring unless you are able to distinguish between business and pleasure. It's also part of his job you know. :D LOL! It's not like he went on holiday in the middle of a bushfire emergency. 😡

IF you can distinguish between business and pleasure and show that he has had an excessive amount of leisure time particularly when he should be hard at work - like your hero, Trump playing golf twice as much as his predecessor during his Presidency that took in a full blown pandemic after bagging Obama out incessantly for playing golf too much - then you may have a valid point. But I doubt you'll bother - or be able to - and will put up some lame excuse instead.

As for doing nothing good and putting the ills of the country squarely on his back, that too is simple minded all-or-nothing thinking. It's far more complicated than that and while I won't say he and his government are immune from criticism or blame, you'd have to include the sh*t he has inherited from the previous government as well as global factors that are beyond his control - IF you were being fair. You should try that some time because you sound just like Alan Jones in this and a lot of other threads.

:)

Last edited:
Laura Tingle is a very good and very fair political analyst.

She briefly mentions Albo's travels and indicates what they were for. Not sun and sand per say. - "The prime minister seems to have been out of the country a lot talking to other world leaders." Sounds like business, not pleasure to me.

Laura Tingle is a very good and very fair political analyst.

She briefly mentions Albo's travels and indicates what they were for. Not sun and sand per say. - "The prime minister seems to have been out of the country a lot talking to other world leaders." Sounds like business, not pleasure to me.

Mind you , I would have liked him to go to Alice Springs longer than to the tennis.

Mind you , I would have liked him to go to Alice Springs longer than to the tennis.
He can't do his job from Canberra too? Needs to hang around up there longer than necessary for what? The optics? To make it look like he's working or do we prefer he actually does his job.

We know for certain that Dutton was only up there to play politics as he was found out making up porkies and is now hellbent on stuffing up a chance to improve the lot of Indigeneous people for self-interested political gain.

He can't do his job from Canberra too? Needs to hang around up there longer than necessary for what? The optics? To make it look like he's working or do we prefer he actually does his job.

We know for certain that Dutton was only up there to play politics as he was found out making up porkies and is now hellbent on stuffing up a chance to improve the lot of Indigeneous people for self-interested political gain.
Not really. I personally feel he needed to meet with all the concerned citizens in a meeting in Alice, in the flesh there. I would have liked to see him actually go out to the remote communities at night and see for himself what conditions were like and speak to the women and children and first responders/ambulance drivers, teachers, coucillors and police first hand.
I personally would not like to say I was an expert on what is happening in the Remote communities unless I had gone out there first hand. I know he is a busy man but he could have cut out some or all of the tennis days to see for himself.
Mind you, to be fair, it should be Linda Burnie's job to spend extended time exploring the crisis areas and reporting first hand knowledge. She is the minister. I don't really know. How many times has she been out there do you know?

Not really. I personally feel he needed to meet with all the concerned citizens in a meeting in Alice, in the flesh there. I would have liked to see him actually go out to the remote communities at night and see for himself what conditions were like and speak to the women and children and first responders/ambulance drivers, teachers, coucillors and police first hand.
I personally would not like to say I was an expert on what is happening in the Remote communities unless I had gone out there first hand. I know he is a busy man but he could have cut out some or all of the tennis days to see for himself.
Mind you, to be fair, it should be Linda Burnie's job to spend extended time exploring the crisis areas and reporting first hand knowledge. She is the minister. I don't really know. How many times has she been out there do you know?
He did go there in January CB and Linda Burney accompanied him - I thought we were debating the amount of time he was there as correlating to being more effective. I tend to think that more quantity doesn't automatically equate to more quality and prefer quality over quantity. That's why I am pro-the Voice.

The tennis has nothing to do with it. That's just media fodder. Hawke and Howard regularly went to the cricket and the country didn't fall apart.

A quick search shows that Linda Burney was back up there in Feb.

$250m Alice Springs lifeline takes steps forward​

Federal politicians have again visited Alice Springs on the back of a $250m Central Australia package. Read what we know about the funding roll out.

Well I agree that Tennis as such has nothing to do with it, usually, but at that moment in time, like the King visiting bombed out London just after a raid in 1940, it was not a good look. If he went to the tennis for three days now, who gives a ####. At that moment in time he should have stayed in Alice and done what I suggested above, in my opinion.
I'm sorry I cannot read the article you mention. Did Linda have a meeting with;
# The concerned citizens from Alice in a public meeting.
# the first responders such as police , ambulance drivers, teachers etc, and those peole being allowed to speak freely.
# FN women who were victims of crime
-or did she meet with a succession of yes people who all had lovely smiling faces and cute kids who were well dressed and fed and looked so happy.
I am a cynical bastard and believe politicians will turn up for stage managed photo shoots to tick a box and stay in 5 star resorts.
And no I don't think the Liberals or any other party are any better.

Well I agree that Tennis as such has nothing to do with it, usually, but at that moment in time, like the King visiting bombed out London just after a raid in 1940, it was not a good look. If he went to the tennis for three days now, who gives a ####. At that moment in time he should have stayed in Alice and done what I suggested above, in my opinion.
I'm sorry I cannot read the article you mention. Did Linda have a meeting with;
# The concerned citizens from Alice in a public meeting.
# the first responders such as police , ambulance drivers, teachers etc, and those peole being allowed to speak freely.
# FN women who were victims of crime
-or did she meet with a succession of yes people who all had lovely smiling faces and cute kids who were well dressed and fed and looked so happy.
I am a cynical bastard and believe politicians will turn up for stage managed photo shoots to tick a box and stay in 5 star resorts.
And no I don't think the Liberals or any other party are any better.
I can't open it either. And yes, :D, you are coming across a little cynical but you are quite entitled to. No worries. I believe Linda is a genuine person who wants what's best for her and all Australian people. But politics will tear everyone and anyone down quick smart.

Cheers ;)

spot on Chelsea but he’d already made up his mind and didn’t want to hear any other views. Like his cancellation of the welfare card which many of those remote communities wanted. Well the women and young girls wanted💡
It as his short cut to the wonderful voice committee as it was too hard for he and his government to address the issues

spot on Chelsea but he’d already made up his mind and didn’t want to hear any other views. Like his cancellation of the welfare card which many of those remote communities wanted. Well the women and young girls wanted💡
It as his short cut to the wonderful voice committee as it was too hard for he and his government to address the issues
Thousands of people in the Northern Territory, mostly Indigenous, will remain on income management despite the federal government introducing legislation to abolish the cashless debit card on Wednesday.

Cashless debit card trial participants may be able to opt out of the program within two months, however the Basics Card introduced during the NT Intervention almost one decade earlier will remain.

Social Services Minister Amanda Rishworth has vowed to establish transition measures to support the more than 17,000 people now on the card, which was introduced in 2016.

"The Cashless Debit Card stigmatises and it often makes participants' lives more difficult because they cannot access the cash economy," she said.

"We have listened to First Nations community leaders, service providers and cashless debit card participants in these communities â€" and we have heard them loud and clear."

Never let the truth get in the way of yet another unhinged, ignorant rant. :D

There are far better ways - like the Voice, YES - than this belittling, paternalistic superior-minded approach that just leads to more mental health issues. Time to enter the 21st century and leave failed policies of the 19th century well behind.

And I can post articles of the communities wanting the card and were pissed off it stopped.

Mind, you, there’s no point as you’re mind is always closed and we know it’s about you not what others want. White privileged virtue signalling 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back