• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Adam Reynolds

Am I reading this thread correctly. People are saying that had we kept Reynolds we wouldn't be in the situation we currently are. So does that mean Reynolds has a magic wand that instantly cures injuries ? Asking for a mate who recently fell off a ladder. 🤔 I'd suggest he should probably use that magic wand on himself because his stints on the sidelines have been ongoing since he left us. We didn't seem to need him for the first 11 rounds last year or his magic wand. 🪄
Goodness me are you saying we are bottom of the ladder because of injuries?????

Why sack JD if it’s just bad luck.

The delusion on here is next level

Yeah, Cronk didn’t seem to have too much impact at the Roosters as a halves coach.

Coaching isn’t for everyone.

Matty Johns seemed to have a way with it.

Joey and Cooper, not so sure.
Joeys done a lot of work with Moses on his kicking game and a bit with Cleary as well. A while back he also worked with Cherry Evan’s and Foran

Matty is great with overall halves play and has an excellent record

Anyway, considering how many long term injuries we have it's probably a good thing Reynolds rejected Souths for Brisbane, we don't need any more.

Last edited:
Joeys done a lot of work with Moses on his kicking game and a bit with Cleary as well. A while back he also worked with Cherry Evan’s and Foran

Matty is great with overall halves play and has an excellent record

Correct. Moses’s kicking is brilliant. Joey at times in commentary has been very critical of his overall play, as he should be.

Goodness me are you saying we are bottom of the ladder because of injuries?????

Why sack JD if it’s just bad luck.

The delusion on here is next level
Are you saying injuries haven't been a problem for us ? This team began it's slide when Campbell first injured his sternum, but I see the Reynolds people on here are blind to that fact.

Defamatory click-bait title.

The piss-weak disclaimer at the end of the article does not excuse the totally damaging and libelous statement inferred.

No one person or organization ever would relish the harm or suffering of another human being let alone accept someone else publishing it as if it were a 'fact'.

This is the state of 'news reporting'....won't call it journalism because it isn't.

With all due respect Shauno (and others of your ilk), maybe you should get the **** over it?

We are in a seriously big hole at the moment and the clubs retention and recruitment should rightly be criticised.

The club is in this hole because of decisions that have been made over a substantial period of time.

That includes the decision making around the retention of Reynolds.
100% agree mate. I still thought it wasn’t a good call, but also not my call to make.

Hindsight is wonderful. They pulled on a reign and got it wrong. It happens.

My gripe is we don’t need to keep rehashing every minute detail of it ad nauseam, and in some posters cases, rewriting history to suit their very anti-Souths agenda.

The fact that we still question it and even more so 2.5 seasons post fact and despite him being injured for the next 3 or so months is very telling.

The fact that we still question it and even more so 2.5 seasons post fact and despite him being injured for the next 3 or so months is very telling.
Yes, it's telling that many on here are living in a fantasy land of what if. Now what if we signed him to three years and he had a career ending injury after two or three games ? What if..................................................................? Life's full of them. Get over it. It's like losing John Lennon and Elvis ....What if ......?

TBF, I was still a little dirty on that GF conversion that would have tied the game.

For the guy who’s played his whole career here, and has been known for his goal kicking prowess, it seemed like a career defining moment that slipped.

That certainly flavoured my commentary.

And no doubt, he grew a leg after leaving with a bit of a chip on his shoulder.
I have a different POV on 'that' conversion Poet.

That GF was played at Suncorp due to COVID.

If it's at Homebush he kicks it and we win in GP.

We cut a south's junior, south Sydney born and bred matto high kid who won us a premiership and is top 3 best half backs in the comp. He resigned his contracts with almost no questions asked during his tenure. Same as sutto.

He's got the best kicking game of any half in the nrl since Thurston retired.

Then our management dogs him. I've never been so utterly angry and disappointed at our club.

We needed Adam for these years as well as post career to help nurture future halves.

This was without doubt the dumbest, obnoxious decision to let him go when we should have fought tooth and nail to keep him. He deserved to be given the red carpet and retire here.

All that shows to all players is there is no loyalty.

That decision is a deep scar that won't ever be forgotten.

Back