• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Adam Reynolds

Yeah the Adam thing was always 50/50. The real issue is we put all the chips on Ilias without signing a journeyman as back up........ like the panthers do.

Madge and his stubborn ways saw him fail and sacked. The same for JD. Both of them great guys to talk to but make the same mistakes as a coach. Not listening to those around.

Not saying they have the same coaching techniques. Quite the opposite in that sense. Just that they their stubborn ways was their downfall.
It's a fine balance though.

You can be paralysed by analysis too. Getting advice from multiple sources can lead to poor decision making.

I think JD's failure, and Madge's as well probably - is not having a strong mentor that they can call on for advice.

He isolated himself and then didn't know how to get back out of the box he'd built.

(and if knocked Cronk back more fool him).

Yeah the Adam thing was always 50/50. The real issue is we put all the chips on Ilias without signing a journeyman as back up........ like the panthers do.
That's not true.

We signed Milford - who then got into some off field trouble and never came here. He was supposed to be the stop gap.

Then Nikorima was supposed to fill that void and we couldn't get what we needed out of him.

Anyway - I posted in this thread originally because Reynolds is a legend of this club and is terrible that he's had a serious injury. I can't see him going around next year, because his body is basically falling apart.

And that's a bit sad frankly.

That's not true.

We signed Milford - who then got into some off field trouble and never came here. He was supposed to be the stop gap.

Then Nikorima was supposed to fill that void and we couldn't get what we needed out of him.

Anyway - I posted in this thread originally because Reynolds is a legend of this club and is terrible that he's had a serious injury. I can't see him going around next year, because his body is basically falling apart.

And that's a bit sad frankly.
Was typing the same response just now!

You can be paralysed by analysis too. Getting advice from multiple sources can lead to poor decision making.
Different multiple sources compared to your coaching staff. You don’t have to always take their advice. But you need to listen. Too often both were dismissive.

Hahaha there is no way people are trying to justify the decision to get rid of Adam because he got injured 2 and 1/2 years into a 3 year deal!
He only asked for 2 years from us.

Lucky we didn’t resign him as we may have been on the way to another wooden spoon. Bullet dodged. Am I right?

The whole “club can do no wrong” brigade are embarrassing.

Reactions: CCR
Hahaha there is no way people are trying to justify the decision to get rid of Adam because he got injured 2 and 1/2 years into a 3 year deal!

Lucky we didn’t resign him as we may have been on the way to another wooden spoon. Bullet dodged. Am I right?

I’d suggest that before copying and pasting your tin hat inanities, maybe check what people have posted.

No one and I mean no one has said that.

A poster DID say he was busted when he left us, which was accurate and that he got two extra years out of his body.

If we had given Adam the 3 years he was asking for would we be going with Lachy at halfback for next year?

He wanted 3 years from us. He has also only completed like 2 full games this year I think. No shame in saying his body is starting to fail him

Im shocked people are still debating this.
It was one of the biggest F ups in souths history.
I think Wayne was the bigger loss personally, but at least we are solving one of those issues. We made the prelim, they made the gf and this year he has played like 2 and a half games so hard to tell

He wanted 3 years from us. He has also only completed like 2 full games this year I think. No shame in saying his body is starting to fail him

No he didn’t.

I can pull up the articles of him and his manager saying 2 years but it is really irrelevant as we would of got 2 years of him at his best. We threw away our premiership window. Crazy stuff

I’d suggest that before copying and pasting your tin hat inanities, maybe check what people have posted.

No one and I mean no one has said that.

A poster DID say he was busted when he left us, which was accurate and that he got two extra years out of his body.
No one said it was now justified? You quite literally liked a post (along with 9 others) above saying exactly that 😵‍💫

Back