• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Adam Reynolds

Most of you are just bitter exes.

Why didn’t you feel this way when Isaac Luke walked out on us mid contract effectively causing us to lose Api? Why you not mad Cook is leaving a year early to take up a better deal? Why couldn’t he just back himself like you expect Adam to do? What about Cam McInnes not fighting for his spot? Atleast Adam finished out his contract.

The truth is you all loved Adam and it hurts you but you are bootlickers so you can’t bring yourself to criticise the club. Pathetic

Most of you are just bitter exes.

Why didn’t you feel this way when Isaac Luke walked out on us mid contract effectively causing us to lose Api? Why you not mad Cook is leaving a year early to take up a better deal? Why couldn’t he just back himself like you expect Adam to do? What about Cam McInnes not fighting for his spot? Atleast Adam finished out his contract.

The truth is you all loved Adam and it hurts you but you are bootlickers so you can’t bring yourself to criticise the club. Pathetic
Issac left due to homesickness (allegedly) and left amicably (excluding the whole getting suspended before an Elimination Final thing). We couldn't have offered him what he was asking for - to be based in New Zealand.

Damien Cook is doing what Adam did except for one key detail - he's an Illawarra guy, not a Souths junior. His place in this club has always been questioned for some reason I cannot understand. He's going back home just like Issac did, for lack of a better term.

Adam is a different story - he's a Souths junior, we blooded him and turned him into a Premiership winning 7. He led the club in so many aspects, he was a "talisman" and, despite some of the allegations made in this thread, could kick us out of trouble in a way few other players in the league could. Are Cleary and Moses better 7s in the past few seasons? Of course. I haven't seen either of them kick 3 field goals to keep a season alive and certainly not in a cardinal and myrtle jersey.

Yes, we loved Adam. He was the heart and soul of the club, along with so many players who have since departed. Him leaving was the end of an era and, in my opinion, was someone who should have been granted the courtesy of some form of security at the place he helped build.

There was no succession plan, there was a succession hope. The club failed to plan that Adam might have more than 1 season more in him - they expected him to stay and, most likely, mentor Lachlan. Lachlan is a good player but he's no Adam Reynolds and certainly no Cleary or Moses.

If Adam had gone to Brisbane, keeled over in the middle of the season and retired, we'd have made the right call from a performance standpoint. The fact is, he turned the Broncos from a joke into runners-up in 2 seasons.

"Adam missed the tackle that cost Brisbane a Grand Final". He was also the only bloke on that team who laid a hand on Cleary that play and while carrying an injury (shock).

The fact that we STILL are debating this after 2 and a half seasons shows that it was a bad decision. There's no escaping that without Adam we have been a worse team and, quite frankly, a worse club.

All that said, the fact that he said he wished us failure, he can shove it up himself as far as I'm concerned. If you turn your back on us, I'll turn my back on you. Sympathy lost.

Not one of those former players has come out and put the boot into Souths. In my lifetime of following this club I'm finding it difficult to remember an ex-player who has slandered our club after leaving apart from probably Tugger having a go at Lachie. I now have zero respect for him and have zero interest in what he achieves now at our rivals from up north.

Not one of those former players has come out and put the boot into Souths. In my lifetime of following this club I'm finding it difficult to remember an ex-player who has slandered our club after leaving apart from probably Tugger having a go at Lachie. I now have zero respect for him and have zero interest in what he achieves now at our rivals from up north.
I seem to recall Craig Filed was less than complementary when he left us for Manly but I could be wrong.

I remember when Ash Harrison signed with Easts I was devastated and angry but I got over it because didn't really set the world on fire after he left. I did do a search though to see if he ever spoke about Souths later (either good or bad) and found this interesting piece:-

Souths stint shaped me: Harrison

There were two wooden spoons in three seasons, a total of just 17 wins from 66 games and some of the worst hidings the club had ever experienced but Ashley Harrison has credited his stint at South Sydney with shaping his 15-year NRL career.

Now in his seventh season with the Titans, Harrison faces up to his former team on Saturday night as he prepares to draw the curtain on a decade and a half at the highest level that began as an 18-year-old with the Broncos in 2000.

While many would consider a move from a premiership-winning force to a club still picking up the pieces after being dumped from the competition for two years career suicide, Harrison insists that the added responsibility that resulted from the move made him appreciate what it meant to be a first-grader.

Offered a down-graded contract with the Broncos at the end of the 2002 season, Harrison's hand was forced somewhat by financial pressures but he has fond memories of helping to rebuild the proud club.

"As a kid coming through at the Broncos system, with so many internationals in the team, my contract got reduced and I'd just bought my first property and just couldn't live on what they offered me," Harrison told NRL.com ahead of his 275th first grade game.

"Souths came in with a good deal at the time and I thought it was a great opportunity to move away from home and find myself and it was one of the best things I ever did.

"The footy wasn't great – we didn't make finals footy or anything like that – but in terms of finding yourself and learning what it takes to become a consistent first-grader and paving your own way, it was great in that regard.

"They were a club that was only second year back in the competition so obviously they were building their club again and I fully understood that but in saying that every year it got better and better and then when Russell [Crowe] got on board it obviously took off from there.

"In terms of life lessons, I went down there at 21, my wife went down there with me and it was a really big learning curve. I had to grow up a lot quicker than I thought I probably would have if I'd been at home in 'Brissy'."

Over the course of three seasons at South Sydney Harrison played under three different coaches – Paul Langmack, Arthur Kitinas and Shaun McRae – and such was the regard for which he was held that he captained the side three weeks before his 23rd birthday.

When he arrived at Redfern for the 2003 pre-season he was training alongside players such as Ahmad Bajouri, Damon Alley-Tovio, Wise Kativerata, Brien Siemsen and Danny McAllister and they managed just three wins all year, two of which were against the Wests Tigers.

Although he had announced he was moving to bitter arch rivals Sydney Roosters for the following two seasons, Harrison helped to drag the club from the bottom of the ladder in 2005 with a late flurry of six victories in his last eight games in red and green, including a 17-16 win over the Roosters.

"Through that era the Roosters were so dominant and because of the rivalry between the two teams, it was a big occasion for us and definitely one that sticks out," the 32-year-old said of his most memorable win as a Rabbitoh.

"The bunch of guys that were there pretty much stuck together for the three years that I was there. I met some great people down there and still have some really good mates. We were a really tight-knit group and it was definitely a good time in my footy career."

-------------------------------------------------------------
Back to Adam, I loved him at Souths but the only time I think about him now is if I read new posts in this topic or maybe watch a Broncos game.

Imagine if we worried about every player that left Souths, we would have no time for anything else.

FFS GIVE IT A REST.

If he was meant to stay he could have accepted the contract we offered him.
Instead he said **** you Souths I am chasing bigger dollars at Brisbane.
You give it a rest FFS for a change you say enough then you keep coming back….. you love this don’t deny it!

The contract we offered was an insult we’ve been through it before a lot wouldn’t have taken that at 30 years old by all means at 33/34 years old then yes take it. No what he said is **** this I’m going to do best for my family and that earn great respect family is the most important thing and you only play once. Many in his shoes would’ve made the same decision.

Or to sum up, despite the #7 being the guy who gets you acrosss the line in big games, you know, like Cleary does, the facts are Reynolds has failed in all his prelims, and failed in the GF when Cleary butt jacked him and showed him how it's done.

We were told they bought him to win a comp, how's that going for them?
How did they go yesterday?

The facts are, he's just not that good, there is a reason he played so little rep football.

He's a very solid #7, but has not and never will rise above that level.

Now give it a ****ing rest, it's been 3 years, it's over, move on.
Failed in all prelims now he hasn’t that’s a lie he’s won 3 prelims to get to 3 Grand Finals. Again you sprout bullshit. He’s a premiership winning halfback with us nothing you say will change that. He’s made 3 grand finals something many players never make is a GF. He took Brisbane to a GF last year and guess what nobody was stopping Cleary he was in God like mode nobody in the comp was going to stop him.

Reyno has been regarded as a top 3-4 halfback for a long time in the NRL many legends now ex players now say that as well and hold him in very high regard but what would they know hey…. He’s been better than solid a very good halfback he won us lots of finals games over the years too. He’s our highest premiership scorer points wise in the clubs history that sounds like more than solid to me you make yourself look silly with stupid comments like that trying to downplay what he did with us that will never be taken away.

Now I rest my case you tell me give it a rest well why don’t you do the same yet you can’t let it go! I don’t agree with you on this we never will post all you want my opinion won’t change.

Failed in all prelims now he hasn’t that’s a lie he’s won 3 prelims to get to 3 Grand Finals. Again you sprout bullshit. He’s a premiership winning halfback with us nothing you say will change that. He’s made 3 grand finals something many players never make is a GF. He took Brisbane to a GF last year and guess what nobody was stopping Cleary he was in God like mode nobody in the comp was going to stop him.

Reyno has been regarded as a top 3-4 halfback for a long time in the NRL many legends now ex players now say that as well and hold him in very high regard but what would they know hey…. He’s been better than solid a very good halfback he won us lots of finals games over the years too. He’s our highest premiership scorer points wise in the clubs history that sounds like more than solid to me you make yourself look silly with stupid comments like that trying to downplay what he did with us that will never be taken away.

Now I rest my case you tell me give it a rest well why don’t you do the same yet you can’t let it go! I don’t agree with you on this we never will post all you want my opinion won’t change.
Give it a rest, you're boring everyone.

You give it a rest FFS for a change you say enough then you keep coming back….. you love this don’t deny it!

The contract we offered was an insult we’ve been through it before a lot wouldn’t have taken that at 30 years old by all means at 33/34 years old then yes take it. No what he said is **** this I’m going to do best for my family and that earn great respect family is the most important thing and you only play once. Many in his shoes would’ve made the same decision.
Give it a rest, you're boring everyone.

They are absolutely giving it to Reyno this morning on radio, saying Brisbane's form slump is all on him, and not on the coach. It's amazing how much the sentiment has changed in the past few days and how much they've turned on him. Good ole insular Brisbane

Looking forward to his usual segment in a couple days as always

They can certainly blame him for his unavailability to play or train but I doubt last weeks loss was solely on him

Kevvie is a Koala, cant touch their dear Kevvie, and if Kevvie gets the sack how many clubs would be chasing him to coach?, not many if any i bet, must go to the Broncs training one day and get Adam to sign my Souths jersey, great fella .

They are absolutely giving it to Reyno this morning on radio, saying Brisbane's form slump is all on him, and not on the coach. It's amazing how much the sentiment has changed in the past few days and how much they've turned on him. Good ole insular Brisbane

If you want to be "the man" and take the credit for wins, then you need to cop the blame for the losses too.

Same story with Latrell for us.

I doubt there are many fans out there from any club who like to see ex-players dishing it out to their previous clubs, so there might be a bit of that going on as well.

Look at the data over time. Kevie has looked like a good NRL coach for 1 season. I’d wager that as the statistical anomoly over putting it on a tenured halfback.

They’re 4 and 4 with Reynolds this year. Losses to Storm, Dogs and Roosters twice. It’s not terrible form for a side otherwise struggling.

The lost to us because Sailor has an absolute shocker. Should have got 3 points in the Pride voting.

Latest posts

Back