• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

2024 Finals: Other Matches

Every single team in the NRL plays like this now.

Middle forwards don't touch the ball until play 4 and 5 most sets.

They're blood doping. I don't understand why people refuse the evidence of their eyes.

That’s like saying every team wrestled. Yeah they did, but the Storm did it best.

Penrith do their outside backs yardage/forwards line speed better than any other team, and then they pop an exclamation point on that with Cleary’s boot. Add that to a defensive structure that works, and you have a side other teams are struggling to handle.

8. TUI KAMIKAMICA - 5

Looked exhausted after the opening exchanges. He came off after 18 minutes and didn’t return. Finished with two runs for 19 metres and 16 tackles.

If you were a Storm supporter you'd be scratching your head right now! Just goes to show what a huge loss NAS was last night.

Our fans would be calling for Bellamy’s head for poor interchange coaching. The guy knows nothing can’t even rotate his props right.

I dunno. Hard not to have sour grapes about the calls that went against us. Kikau taking Arrow out of the game with a swinging arm to the jaw. High shot on Gagai late in the game, completely ignored, even though it was reviewed by the bunker. Luai dropping the ball cold and receiving a penalty for it. Those calls definitely shit me.
Cody throwing the intercept pass and Latrel getting suspended and missing the finals series was way worse than anything the officials missed.

Cody throwing the intercept pass and Latrel getting suspended and missing the finals series was way worse than anything the officials missed.
Still Atkins in the bunker deliberately made those calls CMorrison mentions to favour Penrith.

Last edited:
Great game, a great Grand Final that I really enjoyed watching. Just a real shame about the outcome.

I really thought the Storm would win this and put an end to all this shit but no, they were completely outplayed.

Honestly, to see those pink pricks win their 4th in a row made me squirm in my seat and made my blood boil. I just cannot stand to see them win again.

Honestly, watching the celebrations last night, all I could think about was getting to the start of Pre-Season and us beginning a new journey in a new era, and getting the rise to the top underway.

I want to get back there more than anything.

Ya got to take into consideration for most of their existence Penrith have been an average club, let them have their days in the sun and try not to begrudge their success.

I think Storm will be top 2 again same squad and gain Uto. Penrith might drop back just a little bit to fringe top 4.

Not sure why Panthers will miss top 4. First of all, who’s going to overtake them? Roosters will be much weaker. Sharks😆 Manly? I just can’t see it. They can even 5/6peat

Papali’i is a more than capable replacement for JFH. their existing bench can easily step up to the prop role.
what I noticed , again, last night was that Panthers we’re making no inroads with Luai constantly ignoring his outside men and constantly cutting back inside.
That all changed mid first half when he actually started to bring those outside him into the game. They have quite a few who could fill a more structured and beneficial role when Luai goes.
I actually think he’ll be a good HB at Wests

Last edited:
Not sure why Panthers will miss top 4. First of all, who’s going to overtake them? Roosters will be much weaker. Sharks😆 Manly? I just can’t see it. They can even 5/6peat

Papali’i is a more than capable replacement for JFH. their existing bench can easily step up to the prop role.
what I noticed , again, last night was that Panthers we’re making no inroads with Luai constantly ignoring his outside and constantly cutting back inside.
That all changed mid first half when he actually started to bring those outside him into the game. They have quite a few who could fill a more structured and beneficial role when Luai goes.
I actually think he’ll be a good HB at Wests
Luai is a big big loss. He really stepped up this year when Cleary was out. Turuva also a big loss he does so much work. JFH how they replace him will be interesting whether Ipap plays middle or edge. If Cleary goes down for any period of time they could be in strife.

Who plays 6 will be interesting if it’s Schneider or Talagi.

Anyway we will see bit something just tells me they’ll drop to 4th maybe 5th next year. A couple of teams will come from the clouds I reckon to be up the top end who that is, is anyone’s guess.

Back