• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

2024 Finals: Other Matches

I dunno. Hard not to have sour grapes about the calls that went against us. Kikau taking Arrow out of the game with a swinging arm to the jaw. High shot on Gagai late in the game, completely ignored, even though it was reviewed by the bunker. Luai dropping the ball cold and receiving a penalty for it. Those calls definitely shit me.
The common denominator in the Penrith run in finals and Grand Finals is probably Atkins either as head ref or bunker head honcho.

Would like to know the stats the last 5 years in finals where Atkins was involved in a Penrith game and the win ratio ?

Believe it was against the Eels in '21 possibly in the GF qualifier, Penrith scored off a scrum with an obvious obstruction so Klein sent it to the bunker. Atkins says it was an obstruction but Klein could give Penrith a penalty for the Eels being off side from the scrum so Klein disallows the try and gives the Panthers a penalty even though Klein had said nothing about off side previously.

The outside backs do the majority of the work carting the ball up. The Penrith forwards put their energy into sprinting off their line in defence and bashing the opposition forwards. The result is, the opposition halfback is mostly playing off the back foot.

Hughes and his Storm teammates tried hard. Penrith are superior. Hats off to Penrith.
Penrith 1 to 5 were way ahead of the Storm last night, their carries take pressure off the forwards and then Yeo takes a run probing and stepping.

Mmm, Duff editing a post, changing the image🤔🤔🤔🤔

What on earth are you talking about?

If I edited the post it would have been to change the spelling of annesley, and I probably still spelt it wrong.

Get a new hobby.

there seems to be something of a ‘cultish’ (you wouldn’t believe the autocorrects I had to change on that word 🫣) aspect to the way Penrith do their thing - they could have a hive-mind to the way the whole team
does it thing.

They are as Bellyache said -relentless in what they do defensively the effect is that it starves their opponents of energy, creativity and confidence. It seems like everything revolves around the Clearys’ and everyone believes and lives it till they don’t.

The problem is that it's built around the V’Landy’s version of ‘Rugbah Leage’ - fast, continuous play that has come into being this decade and Penrith have possibly perfected it. If other teams adopt and execute the same strategy with same effect you will see more low scoring games and penalty goals become more determinant - that is likely to upset the denizens of League Media, who week to week want lots of tries and less determinant officiating.

What on earth are you talking about?

If I edited the post it would have been to change the spelling of annesley, and I probably still spelt it wrong.

Get a new hobby.

well, now the NRL have released the views the bunker saw I thought you might. Given they show it was no try😜

well, now the NRL have released the views the bunker saw I thought you might. Given they show it was no try😜
They still haven't convinced me. . . There's one view they seem reluctant to show - and it seems conclusively that it's a try.

They still haven't convinced me. . . There's one view they seem reluctant to show - and it seems conclusively that it's a try.
Yes that’s the frame before which Atkins quickly skipped over.

Some are saying that image was doctored no it wasn’t unless bunker didmt have the angle ch 9 had which would be ridiculous.

Anyway any 50/50 calls Atkins will give Penrith every time.

Yes that’s the frame before which Atkins quickly skipped over.

Some are saying that image was doctored no it wasn’t unless bunker didmt have the angle ch 9 had which would be ridiculous.

Anyway any 50/50 calls Atkins will give Penrith every time.
Exactly right, Atkins should be nowhere near a Panthers game as he has the ability to manipulate to the Panthers advantage at crucial stages.

Exactly right, Atkins should be nowhere near a Panthers game as he has the ability to manipulate to the Panthers advantage at crucial stages.
I did some research a couple of hours ago mate when he refs them they have the highest win rate out of any ref. Their win rate is 60percent the last 13 years under Atkins it goes up to 73percent. He gives them about 1.25 penalties for versus against too highest percentage of any side he refs. For us in the last 13 years we win 56percent of games under Atkins it drops to 42percent of games we have a minus 14 ratio with him which is the worst minus ratio out of any side Atkins refs. Out of all the refs with a big sample size reffing us too our worst ratio is with Atkins. Yes sometimes we have been poor nothing to do with Atkins but there has been times in tight games he kills us and out penalises us out of games etc….

Latest posts

Back