• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

2023 Finals: Other Matches

That’s not it at all. Walker does things very few players can do. Walker has been responsible for winning many games for us over the years.

Cronk’s coaching opened up Keary. Since he retired Keary hasn’t been the same player.

Put them both on the open market and I know who would demand more attention.

Walker was very much like Sandow, but when it came to the big moments he can't deliver.

I said for many years we won't win a comp with both walker and cook in our side.

Cook would cost us in prelims, walker cost us in a grand final.

Keary started to go backwards when he started to cop concussions and injuries.

Roosters made top 4 next season without cronk.

Following season they drop out of top 4 but it's because Keary only plays 3 games that year.

Which stopped the roosters from being a threat that season.

But for me it's not which player you would take now, it's who i would have wanted back then.

I don't think roosters win back to back without keary, I ain't saying we would have won comps if we kept him, maybe we could have, maybe not but I would put money on the roosters not winning those comps without him.

Walker was very much like Sandow, but when it came to the big moments he can't deliver.

I said for many years we won't win a comp with both walker and cook in our side.

Cook would cost us in prelims, walker cost us in a grand final.

Keary started to go backwards when he started to cop concussions and injuries.

Following season they drop out of top 4 but it's because Keary only plays 3 games that year.

Which stopped the roosters from being a threat that season.

But for me it's not which player you would take now, it's who i would have wanted back then.

I don't think roosters win back to back without keary, I ain't saying we would have won comps if we kept him, maybe we could have, maybe not but I would put money on the roosters not winning those comps without him.
The whole Walker cost us in a gf is a stretch. That was a pass he nailed all year and we had the numbers Crichton made a great play. He scored an individual try that very few in the game could score to keep us in the game and he also played a major role in the final try that could have levelled the game.

The whole Walker cost us in a gf is a stretch. That was a pass he nailed all year and we had the numbers Crichton made a great play. He scored an individual try that very few in the game could score to keep us in the game and he also played a major role in the final try that could have levelled the game.
Yes. I think our goalkicker who normally nailed those conversions and field goals was far more costly than Cody in that result.

Think the Panthers will be too strong for the Broncos who have some defensive issues on the edges, Walsh is a great player but comes across as immature similar to Jerome Luia.

The forward pass miss was terrible, even the final pass could have been pulled up but the ref dogged it as he did most of the game not penalising the Broncos until towards the end when the game was over. Captains challenge should include passes that lead to a try, that missed call last night just open up the NRL for all sorts of insinuations.

Warriors need a 5/8, Martin virtually non existant and Johnson relied on the high kick a little too much last night. DWZ on the wing made two terrible decisions coming in from his wing when he didn't have to costing two tries, he'd fit right in with our wingers in regards to that stupidity.

As far as our recruitment decisions we lost both Keary and Reynolds for a number of reasons, strategically Cook was the easier one to replace in the spine and even now he is taking up way too much cap space for the return he provides.

Last edited:
walker cost us in a grand final.
Walker almost won us a grand final. In a game where we were dominated for most part.
Then they were smashed by us in the final round and haven’t been the same team since.

I don’t know why you need to bring Cook up? What’s he got to do with anything we are discussing here?

We had the chance to win it when Murray made the break near the end, most clubs in that position would have had someone backing up but not us. He plays the ball and Cook goes the predictable pass to Reynolds and Walker on the left when the other side was wide open where the Panthers were shot in defense, end result ball goes over the side line.

Panthers just predicted our predictability all night as many teams did this year, the Broncos off loads is where the unpredictability is dangerous and hard to stop.

Not a stretch, got to know when to hold it and when to throw it.

Crichton saw it coming and went after it

Walker almost won us a grand final. In a game where we were dominated for most part.

Then they were smashed by us in the final round and haven’t been the same team since.

I don’t know why you need to bring Cook up? What’s he got to do with anything we are discussing here?

So keary is the sole reason for us beating them last year and year before?

He isn't as good as he is now compared to when he played for us and won comps for the roosters

But he helped them win 18/19 seasons.

We have won nothing with Walker and probably never will.

It's about winning comps, so cook is major reason why we haven't and Walker for most of his career struggled to do it when it matters.

They aren't big game players, if they were we would have won a few by now.

Our club seems to think individual talent wins comps and makes signings and re-signings based on that.

saying walker Almost won us a grand final means nothing.

That's like almost winning lotto.

Letting keary leave was a mistake, letting him sign with the roosters was just a massive ****ing mistake

We ended up looking red faced, same as now with Reynolds.

I compare it to reynolds as we gifted two top players to two big clubs and both went on to bigger things as a result.

Letting keary leave was a mistake, letting him sign with the roosters was just a massive ****ing mistake
I won’t bother responding to most of your dribble. So often all you do is respond at length with irrelevant dribble.

But letting Keary go was not a mistake.

Not a stretch, got to know when to hold it and when to throw it.

Crichton saw it coming and went after it
It’s one play compared to the multiple plays that he made which kept us in the game. It’s absolutely a stretch to say he cost us a gf.

I won’t bother responding to most of your dribble. So often all you do is respond at length with irrelevant dribble.

But letting Keary go was not a mistake.

It was, roosters won 2 comps off the back of it.

We won the almost olympics, we are the best at that

It was, roosters won 2 comps off the back of it.

We won the almost olympics, we are the best at that
Roosters won off the back of signing Cooper Cronk. Pretty easy to see that.

Now that we are down to the GF I keep thinking how close we went to winning the last two Premierships.

21 in the GF with a weak back three we lost by a penalty goal, Waljwrs pass, Adams conversion miss and the lack of back up with Murray's break through in the last few minutes.

Last year we had a Penrith at 12 nil and could have easily gone to 18 nil, we would have easily have beaten Parra in the GF too.

2 giant missed opportunities.

As for this year, something went wrong.

Roosters won off the back of signing Cooper Cronk. Pretty easy to see that.

Simple way of viewing things.

As I said he was the icing on the cake, Pearce was shit house and they needed a real half back.

They made the tough call, we don't.

They won 2 comps, but if you think they win those comps without keary who was killing it then it's just copium imo

Why roosters fans keep rubbing the signing in our face.

We on the other hand had madge trying to get Cronk and we didn't.

I can see both sides of the Keary v Walker debate.

Keary is a 3 time premiership winner and Walker doesnt have a ring but came very close in 2021 and possibly would have won the Clive Churchill if we got across the line.

One point on Keary though is that he only looks good next to an organising 7 (Reynolds or Cronk) and hasnt dominated at Origin Level.

Back