• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

2023 Finals: Other Matches

Only thing that's going to beat Penrith will be dodgy officials. The Warriors were right in that game. Bad goal kicking aside they had a try allowed against them off blatant forward passes. A try disallowed that could well have touched the chalk ,a player binned for a professional foul in a try scoring situation when the Broncos had a player interfere with a Warrior's player in the act of scoring and not binned. Then add the fact that Brisbane were offside all night and not penalised. That officiating was one sided traffic and if it was our team we'd all be blowing up delux. Penrith will wipe the floor with these imposters from QLD, who will put up the same fight as Parra in last year's GF. I think they could actually do it with the refs in Brisbane's pocket as well.

Last edited:
What an awful result for the GF, there is no winning in this one.

If Penrith win we have to put up their arrogance and Luai acting like a tossbag and having to watch them celebrate 3 in a row.

If the Broncos win, well, enough said, and we'll have to listen to an endless circle jerk about Reynolds despite the fact most of what they've done has been on the back of Walsh this season.

Is there any way they can punch each other stupid and finish in a tie?

Second GF in a row I won't bother to watch, what a boring GF it will be.

Oh well, see you all next year.

Stay safe over Christmas and New Year.

I can't believe in a salary cap era a team could potentially win 3 grand finals in a row.

Unbelievable.

A farcical result,Wozzas we’re well and truly in it at 24-12 one try and the pressure was on.
The only people who failed to see two forward passes were the linesmen vid. Ref and Ref.
Was it rigged? The commentators generally clam up when the fix is played.
They must have a cue sheet!
If the breaks were even the Wozzas were still in it.
The next act in this Cartoon Capers is Atkins to ref GF.🤣
Still can’t figure how the Chooks didn’t win it by default?

Gotta say this,the Kiwi f.b. Has to be the bravest bloke in the game.Constantly taking the ball up into the opposing pack,he ain’t that big either.
He gets my Big Balls award,pity about our media star carting it up!😜

On Friday night in about the 60th minute Cleary got tackled with the ball on the 5th.
When he got up he had a bad, bloody cut on his eyebrow and he started walking towards the Storm goal line with the ball held out in front of him.
My reaction live was, "what's wrong with him? Is he concussed?"
Then a replay shows a head clash.
My question is why wasn't he given a HIA?
For those of you with Kayo it's definitely worth a look. They show it on the mini too if you want to find it quicker.
Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on it.

On Friday night in about the 60th minute Cleary got tackled with the ball on the 5th.
When he got up he had a bad, bloody cut on his eyebrow and he started walking towards the Storm goal line with the ball held out in front of him.
My reaction live was, "what's wrong with him? Is he concussed?"
Then a replay shows a head clash.
My question is why wasn't he given a HIA?
For those of you with Kayo it's definitely worth a look. They show it on the mini too if you want to find it quicker.
Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on it.
Yeah I saw that it appeared he was using the injury to slow the play down,the Turds do it often!

By south’s fans, absolutely. But by the time he’s done, by the casual fans of most other clubs.. not sure.
Can’t agree there. You don’t ignore someone who played over 230 games for a club. He will no doubt have affiliations with that club, but he spent 10 years in first grade for us.
I can't believe in a salary cap era a team could potentially win 3 grand finals in a row.

Unbelievable.
I guess the fact that the teams like us and the Storm and even at a pinch the Eels who were challenging them over the last few years have become weaker has helped.

They have kept the core group of players they wanted to keep and allowed them to stay up there. The players they have lost they have had ready made replacements.

They do have a new challenger now with the Broncos though.

No disrespect to Coach Walters as he seems like a really nice guy, however I can't seem to give him the credit for Brisbane's success. I feel Reynolds and even more so Walsh have raised them to a ridiculous level, especially in attack.

They have the best overall roster in the comp in my opinion, and yeah, that's arguable.
Either way, hell of a roster.

Reynolds is good, as he was with us, he is super safe and consistent, and can manage a game but is not a match winner and would not have been able to take the Broncos any further, he's never had that JT, Cronk, Johns magic that owns games, Walsh has led them to that next level.

He is ridiculously good, a freak. He literally turns absolutely nothing into 6 points every game, I can't wait to see how much more he develops, it's a scary thought.

The Broncos should thank Souths for Reynolds because he dragged them up to the level of a competitive side who can compete for the Top.

Then they should thank the Warriors because Walsh has taken them from competing for the Top 4 to very likely Premiers.

At this stage I don't feel like I can watch it, us missing the 8 is still too raw and yeah, not over it yet.

But.............

If I change my mind and watch it the main reason will be to be able to see Luai's face on the losing end of a GF.

Brisbane have incredible strike power and X Factor, I am not sure Penrith will handle that.

My early tip, before teams are selected, is Brisbane by 12.
I can live with that as opposed to seeing Penrith win again.

GWS has about 13 supporters and yet almost 100,000 people showed up to the game on Friday.
NRL give away free tickets and can't even fill half a stadium 😂 It is sad and pathetic.

I have no skin in this game. I've always been a League fan. But the product these days is just so boring, filled with laughable referee mistakes. I honestly can't sit through a game that doesn't involve Souths
Mate this year was a record year for crowds and one of the best seasons in years. Lots and lots of great games and football this year.

Back