• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Will AJ be the greatest all time try scorer?

Will AJ be the greatest try scorer of all time?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Since when are the roosters a good club Bops?
Firs comment. Perhaps I should have said successful - recently they win premierships more frequently than us and play a lot of finals football.

Cheers

Firs comment. Perhaps I should have said successful - recently they win premierships more frequently than us and play a lot of finals football.

Cheers
And they can still barely get past 15K membership and local juniors playing first grade is as rare as hens teeth.

If we’re able to go in a bit of a run heading into the back end of the season, you would have to think our left will contribute quite a few points during that time. AJ could quite possibly near 30 come time the curtains close on 2022.

I have seen all the great wingers from the mid 60's on and while AJ is not the best winger I have seen he is the best finisher by along way. He scored 30 last year and will go close to that this year if we go deep into the finals. All the players ahead of him had 13-15 season careers. AJ is in his 9th and if he plays that long he will be well ahead of Irvine.

Will we be allowed to invade the pitch when he breaks the record
We will never be allowed to. Just like AFL/Swans fans weren’t allowed to for Buddy Franklin breaking the milestone. Do it anyway.

Will we be allowed to invade the pitch when he breaks the record
I think it will depend on the situation. If it’s a home game then they may allow people to go on the field at full time. There will obviously be a presentation. Definitely won’t be able to during the game.

We will never be allowed to. Just like AFL/Swans fans weren’t allowed to for Buddy Franklin breaking the milestone. Do it anyway.
I thought that was sanctioned?

I thought that was sanctioned?
The AFL have always allowed the fans to go on the field after a goal for special occasions. I’m sure they did the same when Lockett broke the record.

The AFL have always allowed the fans to go on the field after a goal for special occasions. I’m sure they did the same when Lockett broke the record.
Yeah, I thought the AFL specifically planned for it. If the day comes, would be awesome for something similar to happen.

Na mate. They specifically came out with a statement condemning it but everyone ignored it and did it anyway. Good on them.

Lockett one was before the fun police took over. That one may have been allowed/planned.

He’s definitely got 4-5 years left in him - injury not withstanding - and if he continues to score at an average of 20 tries a season, he’ll pass Irvine easily you would think.

Indeed based on where he is today, he’d pass him in about 3 years (at 20 tries a season).

He’s definitely got 4-5 years left in him - injury not withstanding - and if he continues to score at an average of 20 tries a season, he’ll pass Irvine easily you would think.

Indeed based on where he is today, he’d pass him in about 3 years (at 20 tries a season).
I guess this is a case of taking it "one season at a time" :)

Cheers

100% that’s a pitch invasion moment. Stop the game, embrace the moment, put him up on your shoulders.

There aren’t many records held in higher esteem than Ken Irvine’s all time try scoring record.

It’s one that as a kid I remember people saying ‘would never be broken’.

Latest posts

Back