• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

What's your best possible team for the rest of the season at Round 7?

Are you saying Cody living 100% off reputation is ok? That his form is ok? That he doesn't need to improve?

I’m saying his form is not as bad as many believe. Most who believe that have been pushing that barrow for years and now blowing it out of all proportion
And yes. It’s flows on to, what I believe, is narrow minded thinking that has no consideration or understanding of what a team environment is. So yes, even with below par form his achievements and abilities gives him a leeway
I realise I’m in a minority and comfortable with that.

I’m saying his form is not as bad as many believe. Most who believe that have been pushing that barrow for years and now blowing it out of all proportion
And yes. It’s flows on to, what I believe, is narrow minded thinking that has no consideration or understanding of what a team environment is. So yes, even with below par form his achievements and abilities gives him a leeway
I realise I’m in a minority and comfortable with that.
Don't agree, but that's ok.
The passive aggressive insults to other posters though is a little too much.
Saying people who disagree are 'pushing a barrow', 'narrow minded' and 'no ... understanding of ... team environment'. That's utter rubbish and unnecessary to make your own point, in my mind. Anywho...

Cody needs to lift his game and do it ****ing quickly

I supported Cody from day 1, but, you know how some players seem to hit a decline and their downward spiral almost overnight, eg Nathan Merritt, my fear is due to his age Cody has hit that point.

I hope not, I hope I am totally wrong, but he just appears to have lost that sparkle he had.

Also for those that have marked Cody’s days as numbered, look no further than Shaun Johnson.

Bad coach, bad team, scrap heap. Good coach, good team, cusp Dally M player.

Same goes for all our stars at the moment.

Also for those that have marked Cody’s days as numbered, look no further than Shaun Johnson.

SJ never lost his speed or his kicking though, which have always been his biggest assets.

Cody has lost his timing... which isn't good.

I hope for the club's sake you are right.

SJ never lost his speed or his kicking though, which have always been his biggest assets.

Cody has lost his timing... which isn't good.

I hope for the club's sake you are right.
Go read the comments on here when the Warriors signed him.

Doubly diabolical as we needed at half at the time.

Great example 👍

I am starting to like the Mitchell to five-eighth idea. But unless Cody has a dramatic form reversal in the next two weeks, it should be him dropped to reserves, not Hawkins.
I think Jack would be a better 5/8 and Mitchell a centre.

Whilst I have no issue with Mitchell being a 5/8, I do find at times he takes low percentage plays or throw a ridiculous pass.

Eg: 2022 prelim final when we were up 12-0 and he threw that high pass to Tatola who dropped it. Yes, Tatola should've caught it but it was unnecessary at that point of time. Penrith then get the ball and we know what happens after that....

Don't agree, but that's ok.
The passive aggressive insults to other posters though is a little too much.
Saying people who disagree are 'pushing a barrow', 'narrow minded' and 'no ... understanding of ... team environment'. That's utter rubbish and unnecessary to make your own point, in my mind. Anywho...

Cody needs to lift his game and do it ****ing quickly

Cody walker has been our worst player all season and no one else comes close to how bad he has been this season.

It's not suprising Captiansutto still rates him and thinks he's still playing good though...

Really no point comparing another player and then saying one player turned his game back around, then it means the other one could as well.

SJ changed his game and style as he got older, he relised he was no longer than young speedy player who could side step a whole football team and score tries, so he focused on other areas of his game.

Cody hasn't been able to change this style of play since he started, he could never adapt to good sides rushing him and can't see him changing it now.

He is unfit, his timing is sloppy, his defence has become lazy and he still giving away dumb penalties and lacks a decent kicking game, right now he is just a liability to the side and we all hoping things will click each week but when is enough going to be enough?

Assuming all 30 are fit and healthy

1. Trell
2. Munro
3. Wighton
4. Graham
5. Mellars
6. Walker
7. Gray
8. Tom
9. Ilias
10. Tatola
10. Duncan
11. Murray
13. Arrow

14. Shaq
15. Moale
16. Keaon
17. Cook

Really no point comparing another player and then saying one player turned his game back around, then it means the other one could as well.

SJ changed his game and style as he got older, he relised he was no longer than young speedy player who could side step a whole football team and score tries, so he focused on other areas of his game.

Cody hasn't been able to change this style of play since he started, he could never adapt to good sides rushing him and can't see him changing it now.
He hasn’t had a coach that has tried to develop other areas of his game.

Johnson was average at the Sharks. Webster has changed SJs style and the Warriors attack to suit it.

Cody runs our attack, not the coaching staff. Even Reynolds commented on our structures are developed around Cody
He is unfit, his timing is sloppy, his defence has become lazy and he still giving away dumb penalties and lacks a decent kicking game, right now he is just a liability to the side and we all hoping things will click each week but when is enough going to be enough?
12 months ago he was untouchable. We need a coach who gets him fit, focused and firing

I think Jack would be a better 5/8 and Mitchell a centre.

Whilst I have no issue with Mitchell being a 5/8, I do find at times he takes low percentage plays or throw a ridiculous pass.

Eg: 2022 prelim final when we were up 12-0 and he threw that high pass to Tatola who dropped it. Yes, Tatola should've caught it but it was unnecessary at that point of time. Penrith then get the ball and we know what happens after that....

Have never watched that game back for obvious reasons. Skimming through it though the turning point for me seems to be at the 26:30 mark (we are 12-0 up) when Cleary puts up a bomb, Milne drops it cold and the Panthers score. Got both hands to it as well. Now I know the reason why I was having distinct feelings of Deja vu watching last weeks game.

Two years later and he is still making the same error over and over and out genius coach is still picking him in the same position.

The Shaun Johnson turn-around in form is one of the most amazing things I've seen.

He was one of the worst half-backs in the game when he was at the Sharks. I'm tempted to do a brow and resurrect some threads, but I'd be shocked if anyone thought it a good idea to sign him when he left the Sharks.

That's the thing with this game...you really cannot predict a player's trajectory.

Maybe we could sign Bruce Lehrman for the rest of the season? Hes looking for a gig...

Back