• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

What's your best possible team for the rest of the season at Round 7?

Admittedly he hasn’t done it over the course of the game. But he has shown glimpses of it.
Cheers, not saying you’re wrong, he could well be a star at it. I’d rather, early days, just see him trailing Cody and popping up as a runner

Cheers, not saying you’re wrong, he could well be a star at it. I’d rather, early days, just see him trailing Cody and popping up as a runner
My issue is I don’t see Dean Hawkins really getting the side around.

Jye has 2 games to show what he brings to the fullback role before Latrell is back. If he stands out against 2 of the heavyweights then fullback will be his.

My only issue in the halfback role would be his long kicking game. Just that I have yet to see it.

I’m a big fan of this. I know Latrell isn’t killing it at the back right now, but I ask myself what’s more dangerous out of the following 2 options.

1. Gray
7. Hawkins

Or

1. Mitchell
7. Gray

As good as Hawkins kicking game was the other night he just seems slow in the things he does. Having Gray in the halves I think would open up so many more options and have us back to being a much bigger attacking threat.

The only thing that remains a mystery to me is his long kicking game. I haven’t seen it for myself. Someone did say to me that it’s very Soward like.
That’s my line of thinking

I don’t think our biggest issue atm is fullback or Trell

It’s halfback and I think Jye could give Hughes a nudge as the best running 7 in the game

Thats well and good mate but where have seen seen Gray look, remotely, like a game manager/ half.
Hes a will of the wisp, broken field runner from everything I’ve seen

A running 5/8th, I believe and the club thinks the same way …..I suspect
That’s because you don’t watch the lower grades then choose to comment on shit you have no idea about.

He ran the SG ball side. He did most the kicking and set up most the plays

His short side raids linking with Munro were lethal.

The biggest issue then was his season was interrupted with injury

My issue is I don’t see Dean Hawkins really getting the side around.

Jye has 2 games to show what he brings to the fullback role before Latrell is back. If he stands out against 2 of the heavyweights then fullback will be his.
I suspect The Storm will go after him with Warbrick and Coates. If he can out leap them, then he’s a fullback
My only issue in the halfback role would be his long kicking game. Just that I have yet to see it.
Like I said previously kicking is a learned skill. Bringing an AFL punt coach like they should of for Ilias and an AFL marking coach while they are at it.

It’s a shame that all thinking outside the box seems to have gone from the club. Madge loved an outside expert to sharpen skills

Now it’s all catchphrases and t-shirts

That’s because you don’t watch the lower grades then choose to comment on shit you have no idea about.

He ran the SG ball side. He did most the kicking and set up most the plays

His short side raids linking with Munro were lethal.

The biggest issue then was his season was interrupted with injury

Pull your ego in Darren. I said I never saw Ball. I clearly stated from “what I’ve seen”. “CS, cup and first grade this year. My awareness of him prior to that is lacking”
grow up and park your ego when you perceive to be challenged and discus like an adult 💡

Pull your ego in Darren. I said I never saw Ball. I clearly stated from “what I’ve seen”. “CS, cup and first grade this year. My awareness of him prior to that is lacking”
Which is why you shouldn’t comment. You have to enter every discussion whether you have any knowledge of the fact or not.
When you do you make sense, but more often than not you comment for comments sake, which is just dribble
grow up and park your ego when you perceive to be challenged and discus like an adult 💡
Happy to be challenged. It’s how one learns and grows.

But you’re not challenging anyone when your opinion isn’t an educated one

That’s how adults have intelligent discussions

Which is why you shouldn’t comment. You have to enter every discussion whether you have any knowledge of the fact or not.
When you do you make sense, but more often than not you comment for comments sake, which is just dribble

Happy to be challenged. It’s how one learns and grows.

But you’re not challenging anyone when your opinion isn’t an educated one

That’s how adults have intelligent discussions

So guru, of the 9 SGBall games last year how many did Gray play and how many as halfback?

So guru, of the 9 SGBall games last year how many did Gray play and how many as halfback?
He probably missed half the Ball season never played halfback, played 5/8.

But that’s 4 more games than you’ve seen him play in the halves

And I will back my judgement over yours any day of the week

Probably???
you saw it all guru, probably? So how about you give me exactly as you’re the expert

oh and never as halfback, as I was saying.

deflate your chest hero

oh and never as halfback, as I was saying
To be fair you questioned whether he could lead a side around. Which despite being in the 6 he has played that role.

It’s like in Flegg when Ilias was 6 and Taaffe in the 7. Ilias played more as the halfback then.

One game for Pete and Gray with Tallis in reserves.
Hope we keep them all in the top grade for a long period this year. Last game in firsts for Duncan he got 20 minutes. That will not help him develop.

Oh and I’m happy to be wrong but it seems Gray only played in round 6 of the 9 round SGBall comp.

So show me that I’m wrong or apologise for lying….actually, that’s harsh, I’ll just assume you had no idea who the ferkkk you were “supposedly” watching

Back