• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Lachlan Ilias

Would be the worst written article.

Wraith said their is minimal interest and the telegraph just name four teams thay could do with a half.

Isn’t he on 500k or thereabouts? No NRL club will be signing a back up 7 for that.

He will have to take a pay cut if he wants to leave or off to super league

Reactions: CCR
His manager asked for permission to negotiate with other clubs and that was granted.

Lachy may decide that his best option is to stay at Souths and change positions. Who knows.

I'd like to see him stay and be turned into a hooker 'cause I'm not seeing a top flight No. 9 in Pete.

Or maybe team up with Dodd in the halves when Cody pulls the pin.

It's all a bit raw at the moment, but remember we've only heard from his manager at this point.

A confident half , would have said he welcomed the competition and added depth/strength in the halves area.Especially knowing that Walker is at the end of his career.

The dummy spit by Anasta on behalf of Ilias says it all.

A confident half , would have said he welcomed the competition and added depth/strength in the halves area.Especially knowing that Walker is at the end of his career.

Yeah his best shot at playing NRL is here with Cody on his last legs.

Strange decision but he will find out the hard way similar to when the great AJ went on the market and no one was interested

A dummy spit?, so if you were Lachys manager what would you have done, if Braithe was my manager i would expect him to take what ever steps necessary for my career , would not every other decent manager have done exactly the same?.

Reactions: CCR
His manager asked for permission to negotiate with other clubs and that was granted.

Lachy may decide that his best option is to stay at Souths and change positions. Who knows.

I'd like to see him stay and be turned into a hooker 'cause I'm not seeing a top flight No. 9 in Pete.

Or maybe team up with Dodd in the halves when Cody pulls the pin.

It's all a bit raw at the moment, but remember we've only heard from his manager at this point.
I'm very keen to see Pete M under a real coach. One who would help get him tougher and stronger to handle the step up to the NRL defensively.

He is very crafty around the ruck and is a genuine 9. Brings his players onto the ball well, good at isolating defenders, etc. He has shown this consistently in the lower grades.

Keen to see if he can do it in NRL over a consistent run with clear direction as to his team role.

A dummy spit?, so if you were Lachys manager what would you have done, if Braithe was my manager i would expect him to take what ever steps necessary for my career , would not every other decent manager have done exactly the same?.

I get that sentiment but the way Anasta has gone about the public airing, ever since Lachy got dropped, has been wrong.

Its been a constant dummy spit, filled with venom and personal agendas

Yeah his best shot at playing NRL is here with Cody on his last legs.

Strange decision but he will find out the hard way similar to when the great AJ went on the market and no one was interested
Yeah I agree, he really should stay, especially with our resurgence only just around the corner.
And I still feel, just because Anasta is out there shit stirring, it doesn't mean Lachie is falling for the shit himself. He likely, and it appears Anasta has said the same, wants to stay here.

OK, i myself think Braithe just honestly likes the kid and wanted the best for him, as for his media presence i think he is one of the best former players that have ventured into the media, a very polished media identity, but if you dont agree then fine..
I get that sentiment but the way Anasta has gone about the public airing, ever since Lachy got dropped, has been wrong.

Its been a constant dummy spit, filled with venom and personal agendas

Last edited:
I'm very keen to see Pete M under a real coach. One who would help get him tougher and stronger to handle the step up to the NRL defensively.

He is very crafty around the ruck and is a genuine 9. Brings his players onto the ball well, good at isolating defenders, etc. He has shown this consistently in the lower grades.

Keen to see if he can do it in NRL over a consistent run with clear direction as to his team role.
Fair points and if he gets the right coaching you could be right.

I've seen some of his craftiness around the ruck and will happily say I'd like to see more of it.

He really needs to improve his defence reads though. He gets caught out, particularly in his first 2-3 sets defensively.

And to be clear, nothing would make me happier than seeing him kick on and becoming our hooker for some time to come.

OK, i myself think Braithe just honestly likes the kid and wanted the best for him, as for his media presence i think he is one of the best former players that have ventured into the media, a very polished media identity, but if you dont agree then fine..
I actually do agree with you in general. I like him overall. Not just his handling of 5his.
I think it’s the only time I’ve seen him blur the lines

Latest posts

Back