• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

What's your best possible team for the rest of the season at Round 7?

VIP

Reaction score
You can ignore injuries.

I have also provided the benefit of the doubt to youngsters like Gray and assume they will kick on.

1. Gray
2. Johnston
3. Wighton
4. Graham
5. Munro
6. Mitchell
7. Walker
8. Tatola
9. Mamouzelos
10. Burgess
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray

14. Cook
15. Moale
16. Mitchell
17. Duncan

Walker is not a 7 so I would be looking for a new 7 between Ilias, Hawkins or open market.

Eventually, Munro to replace AJ and a beast winger is found from somewhere - be it Caleb Clarke or someone else.

KK also to be put on notice and depth centres and wingers to be replenished.

Last edited:
Not being rude here…what’s the point of ignoring injuries?

Are you trying to put together the best squad for us for the rest of this year / going into ‘25?

If that’s the case I’d have Munro on the left and Mellars on the right (whoever the winger is that’s injured atm if I’ve got the name wrong). If Caleb Clarke does join us than definitely him.

As Tommy is leaving us at the end of the year, I’d put him back to the bench and start Moale. I think Moale does better with bigger minutes.
OR
I’d put Arrow into the middle rotation and put Tats and Tom back to the bench, and put Duncan on the left edge.

I like Cook at 14, although he probably wouldn’t 🤣. He can cover a number of positions - including centre it seems.

Not being rude here…what’s the point of ignoring injuries?

Are you trying to put together the best squad for us for the rest of this year / going into ‘25?
It's simply a hypothetical.

You can't predict future injuries, so I ignored current injuries.

With one eye on the future, I’d be keen to know if Walker could play 7 (if not, rotate Mitchell, Gray and Walker). And I’d like to know if Koloamatangi and Moale could be a starting prop rotation.

(Unavailable)

Gray
Thompson (Johnston)
Wighton
Tass (Graham)
Mine (Munro)
Walker (Mitchell)
Hawkins (Walker)
Koloamatangi
Mamouzelos
Moale
Host (Arrow, will move to middle 2025)
Duncan
Murray

Burgess
Mitchell (Tatola)
Chee Kam (Host, eventually Feltcher)
Cook

I don’t hate the idea of Walker at 7 as long as someone can kick on at 6 - whether that’s Wighton or Mitchell.

I will say though I am warming up to Hawkins.

Gray
Thompson (AJ)
Mitchell
Tass (Graham)
Gagai (Munro - Tass)
Wighton
Walker
Burgess
Mamouzelos
Arrow (assuming he is back)
Koloamatangi
Host
Murray

Moale
Shaq (Tatola)
Duncan
Cook

I am starting to like the Mitchell to five-eighth idea. But unless Cody has a dramatic form reversal in the next two weeks, it should be him dropped to reserves, not Hawkins.

I am starting to like the Mitchell to five-eighth idea. But unless Cody has a dramatic form reversal in the next two weeks, it should be him dropped to reserves, not Hawkins.
100% agree. Cody is completely living off reputation alone at present

1. Johnston
2. Tass
3. Wighton (c)
4. Graham
5. Munro
6. Mitchell
7. Gray
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray

14. Host
15. Moale
16. Shaq
17. Duncan

Reactions: VIP
1. Johnston
2. Tass
3. Wighton (c)
4. Graham
5. Munro
6. Mitchell
7. Gray
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray

14. Host
15. Moale
16. Shaq
17. Duncan
While I like the halves, a back 3 of AJ, Tass and Munro? We'd go nowhere.

While I like the halves, a back 3 of AJ, Tass and Munro? We'd go nowhere.

While I don't think AJ is a great fullback, he is safe, would not need to rely on his ever decreasing speed at fullback and he does run the ball back pretty well from fullback.

Munro doesn't shy away from the physical stuff and neither does Tass. I think they'd go okay.
You also have the option of an early shift with Munro there, pass quickly and get him on the outside of the defence and if not a try you'd see some 40 odd metre runs.

Then of course, there is Caleb..........maybe.

Back