• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

The Pride is moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabbitJ

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
bigbopper said:
Hi Fellow Pridesters,

We are moving into a new era for The Pride. As you might know I took over as Administrator a few years ago when Moda needed time off to deal with health issues - he is still around and we hope he'll be back soon. I write to announce two things.

Firstly RabbitJ will be taking over from me as administrator (Moda will retain his role and hopefully will return shortly). I will continue to post but will have no role in either moderating or administering the forum. I was born the same day as Manly and Parramatta played their first game so I am getting on in years and my health is also not the best - I was unexpectedly in hospital for five days the week before last but fortunately nothing happened on the Pride that needed attention. Obviously we need someone who can be around all of the time. RabbitJ will be assisted by WB who will continue as a moderator.

Secondly we are moving to new software on a new server.

In this regard, please see the following steps you will need to undertake to set yourself up on the new forum:

1. Moving forward, The Pride will now be accessed by visiting the following link: https://prideoftheleague.com/forums/south-sydney-rabbitohs/
  2. Please navigate to the new URL (which you will utilise moving forward) and click the 'Register' button. Alternatively, you can also click here to register.
  3. If you register on the new forum with your current username and email address, within 48 hours your post count and registration date from this forum will be migrated across to the new forum. I expect everyone to act honestly in this regard. If any member abuses this process and attempts to take another user's identity, that member will be investigated. If, for whatever reason, you do not have access to the email address you used to create your current account on The Pride, alternative verification methods will be offered - if this is your situation, please use this thread to seek further assistance.

The Pride will continue to be the same community it has always been. The Pride is moving its location to ensure that it can continue to be the best online meeting place for South Sydney fans. The new forum will provide enhanced features, better access on mobile devices and allow The Pride to keep up with the digital world.

I've really enjoyed my few years, standing in for Moda. As you would have noticed I have no particular IT skills (it took me quite a while to work out how to change the news feed) and when we had a problem with the background I couldn't fix it so had to abandon it. Believe it or not I have have enjoyed interacting with you as a moderator. It can be exasperating but dealing with people who are passionate about Souths can only be a good thing. I am not leaving and will be posting with the same enthusiasm (even if I am getting grumpier with old age).

Please give RabbitJ your full support.

Souths forever

Cheers

Reactions: VIP
Cheers guys.

Will this work on any of the apps like before? I did use Tapatalk to access this previously.

Cheers Bobs, stay healthy…many a premiership to celebrate still.

My profile didn’t seem to come across. Not sure if I did it wrong

Transfer of your profile might take a little while, please let us know if it does not happen in maybe a few days.

Cheers guys.

Will this work on any of the apps like before? I did use Tapatalk to access this previously.
Hi Kempy,

Unfortunately, the forum will not work on Tapatalk, however, the new software is much more user friendly. If you navigate to the URL on your devices web browser, you will be able to post seamlessly. Let me know if you run into any issues :)
Transfer of your profile might take a little while, please let us know if it does not happen in maybe a few days.
WB is spot on - please wait up to 48 hours for the migration to occur.

When will the current/old Pride be closed?

Do the present threads transfer across?

Hi Squidge,

Unfortunately, a limitation of the ProBoards platform is that Moda does not have control of the underlying database. As a result of this, the posts from the old forum will not transfer across. Given this, the old forum will continue to stay alive, however, in a few days all posting access will be restricted.

I've noticed your personal details haven't migrated across yet - please don't worry about this. It shall be taken care of within the next 48 hours.

Cheers

So post count and other details transer over?

So post count and other details transer over?
Yes, they will - please allow up to 48 hours for this to occur. Let me know if this does't happen in that timeframe.

Cheers

Hi Squidge if there is a post you really want to bring across, why not try to copy & then post it into the new board?

@RabbitJ @bigbopper I think it should be made aware to all that this forum is publicly accessible - i.e. anyone can read threads without being a member. As opposed to the old pride where threads could only be read by members.

@RabbitJ @bigbopper I think it should be made aware to all that this forum is publicly accessible - i.e. anyone can read threads without being a member. As opposed to the old pride where threads could only be read by members.
This is intentional for the moment - we will reassess moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back