• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

The football department

What about fronting up to training, looking them in the eye and saying it🫣

I've often thought the same. If I saw them laughing and mucking around I was going to give them a mouthful. Not that there is anything wrong with having a laugh at training, but there is when you're coming last.

I've never really looked into things in depth, but as members, what does our 75% give us the power to do? Call an extraordinary meeting? Ask questions? Is anyone within the club our "go to" person for member concerns, or are we just restricted to voting on member jersey designs ?!

And he was punted from both jobs for a reason…..steer clear of him

Name me one season since 2000 they’ve missed the finals and not made them the next year? Maybe once when Fittler was coach?
2005, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012

• Haha
Reactions: CCR
2005, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
Wow so close to 20 years ago, and once more 12 years ago.

And here we are after 2015/16 looking like we’re nowhere near a top 10 side again.

Keep the blinkers on, I admire the loyalty.

I just want a full pack of ruthless forwards who enjoy smashing opposition teams and a backline full of speed and craft basked in skills running in try’s from all over the park at any time.
That’s what I want for the Bunnies.. I ask you, is that too much to ask ?

Even better!!!!!
I worked with a guy who told me he confronted Roy in a shopping center when he was our captain.
This guy wasn't a small guy.
He said Roy just gave him the look and told him to leave him alone and go away.
The guy said he could tell by the look on Roy's face and his tone.
He turned around and left Roy alone.

Get a new coach. Make sure it’s a good one. We’ll be fine.

Wow so close to 20 years ago, and once more 12 years ago.

And here we are after 2015/16 looking like we’re nowhere near a top 10 side again.

Keep the blinkers on, I admire the loyalty.
You asked a question and I gave you an accurate answer, don't address me address the answer.

I just want a full pack of ruthless forwards who enjoy smashing opposition teams and a backline full of speed and craft basked in skills running in try’s from all over the park at any time.
That’s what I want for the Bunnies.. I ask you, is that too much to ask ?
Doesn't every fan of every team want the same thing for their team? Its not like you can walk into a super market and buy top notch players it's about managing who we have, getting rid of some and attracting others to our club in a very limited market.

You asked a question and I gave you an accurate answer, don't address me address the answer.
I did.

They haven’t had back to back seasons out of the 8 in 11 seasons. We’re going to likely have it happen twice in the same period including presently.

Mark Ellison
Brock Schaefer
Blake Solly
All have League backgrounds and careers
Yes but none have been in long term or influential positions within highly successful systems

Solly largely runs the commercial side of the club, So it’s hard to be overly critical of him

But Schaefer, JD, Ellison, Croll and a few others need to be told to clean out their desks

Even if we can’t get Bellamy, Ponisi needs to be number two, then Hayden Knowles.

Even if we can’t get the coach we want at the very least have people in every other position who are the best at what they do and are from clubs that have a track record of current long term success

Back