• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

The 20-Team Competiton: Vlandys

I do not support anything that produces less Souths games.

Under this proposal we would have five Souths vs Roosters home games with my members seats... per decade.

Per decade. Hahahaha

I’m more interested in where they fit 10 games?

Does that slot from last night become a fixture along with Monday nights?

Under this proposal we would have five Souths vs Roosters home games with my members seats... per decade.

Per decade. Hahahaha

It is absurd to me to even contemplate how fans could be happy with less games but every one has their own opinion and I respect that, but, in saying that, it perplexes me.

It smacks of overthinking on the fans behalf.

Give me 24 bad Souths games a year over any other game really.

I’m more interested in where they fit 10 games?

Does that slot from last night become a fixture along with Monday nights?
1x Thursday night
2x Friday games
3x Saturday games
3x Sunday games
1x Monday night

They could possibly do 4 on either Saturday or Sunday. Saturday would be better when you are trying to juggle the draw with having the 5 day breaks between games.

If they did the Saturday it’s would be this.

2pm Game 1
4pm Game 2
6pm Game 3
8pm Game 4

The Sunday would be an hour earlier. That’s how I see it working

Per decade. Hahahaha
I’ll be pissed if they do this. Watching 5 less Souths games a year is something I’m against.

The other things it will do is ensure certain records of the game will never be broken again. There will be less players being able to play 300 games as well.

Although this would have been a good year to have ended after 19 games. 🤪

I’ll be pissed if they do this. Watching 5 less Souths games a year is something I’m against.

The other things it will do is ensure certain records of the game will never be broken again. There will be less players being able to play 300 games as well.

Although this would have been a good year to have ended after 19 games. 🤪

Yes, I'd rather 19 rounds of playing every team once in a 20 team competition, then make up those 5 extra rounds with some derby conference system. "Derby rounds" where you can ensure those big clashes are always still held twice per year.

Then whoever has the best 'derby' conference record by the end of those 5 games can win a new trophy and a cash prize. Those points won also add to the overall table for making the finals of course.

Then finals series as normal.

Anything but less Souths games.

Derby groups can be:

Group 1. Sydney

1. Souths
2. Roosters
3. Dogs
4. Dragons
5. Sharks

Group 2. Outer Sydney

1. Penrith
2. Parra
3. Tigers
4. Newcastle
5. Manly

Group 3. QLD + PNG

1. Broncos
2. Dolphins
3. Cowboys
4. Titans
5. PNG Team

Group 4. Expanded Territories

1. Storm
2. Warriors
3. Raiders
4. NZ Team 2
5. Perth Team

Big fan of this and keen to see where it gets to! The whinging that 24 bad bunnies games is better than 19 is short sighted and agenda driven. Which is exactly what you’d expect tragic fans to react like but this could be one of those unpopular decisions that does really good things for the growth of the game.

Reactions: CCR
Yes, I'd rather 19 rounds of playing every team once in a 20 team competition, then make up those 5 extra rounds with some derby conference system. "Derby rounds" where you can ensure those big clashes are always still held twice per year.

Then whoever has the best 'derby' conference record by the end of those 5 games can win a new trophy and a cash prize. Those points won also add to the overall table for making the finals of course.

Then finals series as normal.

Anything but less Souths games.

Derby groups can be:

Group 1. Sydney

1. Souths
2. Roosters
3. Dogs
4. Dragons
5. Sharks

Group 2. Outer Sydney

1. Penrith
2. Parra
3. Tigers
4. Newcastle
5. Manly

Group 3. QLD + PNG

1. Broncos
2. Dolphins
3. Cowboys
4. Titans
5. PNG Team

Group 4. Expanded Territories

1. Storm
2. Warriors
3. Raiders
4. NZ Team 2
5. Perth Team

Perfect. That makes 23 games.

Big fan of this and keen to see where it gets to! The whinging that 24 bad bunnies games is better than 19 is short sighted and agenda driven. Which is exactly what you’d expect tragic fans to react like but this could be one of those unpopular decisions that does really good things for the growth of the game.

Explain how?

This notion that the game will be better because there is less games is based on what quantifiable measurement?

The growth of the game is obvious due to expansion, but making the season shorter seems silly and wildly unneccessary.

Until teams play each other twice, then there is no fair system.

"Somewhat fairer" is not fair.

Furthermore, the talk about splitting the competition into divisions is further lunacy to me.

Change for changes sake. Vlandys really thinks this is his little toy.

I've heard all kinds of scenarios, one being played out often is brisbane, north queensland, melbourne, perth and so forth being one of these divisions.

How is that fair to the players, fans and clubs who have to pay hundreds of thousands in hotels and flights all around Australia whilst the Sydney clubs have a ball?

I love how rugby league in Australia fair dinkum cannibalises itself every time it's going well.

I want there to be a stand alone SOO period in the middle of the year surrounded by pacific tests because I know how much money the SOO generates for the game and so forth.

It gives the code a chance to take a break, like there is two halves to a season and you can come back for the second part with as much fervour as you had for the first whilst wishing the off-season would hurry up and end.

I really do not think the NRL can handle 20 teams due to the dilution of playing talent, I think a team in Perth is fair and 18 teams is the absolute maximum it can be.

I really think the PNG idea is soooooooo bad I am happy to allow china to just hurry up and take over the place if that is really the entire justification for having a team based out of there (jokes)

Cut the tigers, the titans and the roosters, make it 14 teams, play 26 rounds and it's fair.

if that's not possible, cut the roosters anyway.

Furthermore, the talk about splitting the competition into divisions is further lunacy to me.
Why?

you play everyone once, so that’s fair.

then extra games played within your conference.4 games.

Why?

you play everyone once, so that’s fair.

then extra games played within your conference.4 games.

provides an 8 team playoff series

I don't think you understand what the word "fair" means.

If we play all games at a neutral venue maybe.

I don't think you understand what the word "fair" means.

If we play all games at a neutral venue maybe.
Well I do understand but frankly, I think the “home ground advantage “ is a load of crap, generally.

I'll add it to the list of absolutely stupid takes from you on this forum.

Of dear, another of you loudmouths incapable of discussion .😆😆

What a meathead response. You must be a pleasure to be around 😆

Feel better tough guy😆😆

Of dear, another of you loudmouths incapable of discussion .😆😆

What a meathead response. You must be a pleasure to be around 😆

Feel better tough guy😆😆

Ok, I'll be nice.

What you are currently espousing and happy about, is, almost, well one game less, than what we currently have. Yet it is almost entirely more "unfair" as from now on, with your plan, you will be forced to play the exact same 4 teams twice forever.

Is the juice really worth the squeeze?

Also, home ground advantage is real and tangible.

Back